Pages:
Author

Topic: Advertising with freebitco.in - is it worth it? - page 2. (Read 2930 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
You need more clicks , it may become profitabile.
You have a really low CTR rate,
You have to test different ad placements,different positions , try using ad networks etc.

I think CTR of 0.31% is actually pretty high (considering specifics of the website).

Freebitco.in doesn't allow you to modify size and placement of your banners, you can only experiment with changing colours/appearance.

In terms of numbers alone, that's a fairly cheap CPC. Most CPCs I see with AdSense are in the $0.20 to $1.50 range, so your cost of around $0.08 is pretty good.

But you're right, the traffic is not very valuable. If someone is scrounging on a faucet for a few pennies, they probably don't have much to spend on the site you're advertising.

Yup, comparing to adsense it's supercheap, but with adsense you can pay for clicks not views. With freebitco.in it's not guaranteed that you'd get any clicks at all.

But adsense is out of the question, they won't allow bitcoin gambling ads (or any other gambling ads).

Was this over the course of one day?
I expected it to be higher.

Not even a day, more like few hours.

What did you expect to be higher? CTR or CPC?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Was this over the course of one day?
I expected it to be higher.
Activity: 479
Merit: 252
You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast
In terms of numbers alone, that's a fairly cheap CPC. Most CPCs I see with AdSense are in the $0.20 to $1.50 range, so your cost of around $0.08 is pretty good.

But you're right, the traffic is not very valuable. If someone is scrounging on a faucet for a few pennies, they probably don't have much to spend on the site you're advertising.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1014
Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
You need more clicks , it may become profitabile.
You have a really low CTR rate,
You have to test different ad placements,different positions , try using ad networks etc.

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
I did some experimenting with freebitco.in new 'Advertise' feature and have mixed feelings.

I created and tested few banner ads, my stats for the best of them are:

Views: 13,703  Clicks: 43  Total cost: BTC0.00904398.

They charge for views not for clicks, so basically I've got:

1 click for every 319 views and cost per click of BTC0.00021

Didn't manage to convert it to profit, but didn't really expect to, since it's a small, experimental run.

I don't have much experience in advertising, so my question is: Are the above results good/poor/average?

What are your opinions on freebitco.in as advertising tool? I like how easy it is to set up and manage a campaign, but I'm bit concerned about the quality of their audience. Since most of them are looking to get tiny amounts from faucet, their not likely to be holding/operating with reasonable amounts of bitcoin, which doesn't really make them 'valuable customers'.

Is it worth it? Are there any better alternatives (working in a similar way)?

EDIT:

Banner used:

(image ref linked)

Pages:
Jump to: