Pages:
Author

Topic: Advice needed! Buying, trading, and selling on exchanges - page 3. (Read 3214 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
If you want to buy low sell high method, try to learn about trading analysis. Speculation section is good place to learn.
but watch out there are so many trolls there Smiley

My advice is set target of price that you want to sell your coin
if current price reach the target, just sell it. This is safe way for trading altcoin.
And set target for losses too, if your coin value decreased more than 30%, for example. just sell it without wait more loss
but be careful with greedy behavior, it will ruin your strategy

Thanks, I saw the options for 'stop-limits' but was not 100% sure how to implement their use. Appreciate your help  Grin
Activity: 644
If you want to buy low sell high method, try to learn about trading analysis. Speculation section is good place to learn.
but watch out there are so many trolls there Smiley

My advice is set target of price that you want to sell your coin
if current price reach the target, just sell it. This is safe way for trading altcoin.
And set target for losses too, if your coin value decreased more than 30%, for example. just sell it without wait more loss
but be careful with greedy behavior, it will ruin your strategy
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Sound Engineer for Hire
Buy Low Sell High.

To know what's low and high you have to determine it yourself.
It's all about how you predict the market. if you think it's gonna be a strong day
then you can probably buy a below the 24 hr average in bulk and sell a bit lower than the highest ask.

That's what I used to do, got 30$ out of 12$ worth of alt coin back when NXT was inflating
Activity: 266
support.
I still failed at obtaining any useful info - buy low, sell high...but how do I know what low/high is?

The people that could answer that would be on a beach somewhere sipping daiquiris.  Smiley

You have to learn how to read the ups and downs.  If it was easy to make money everyone would be rich.

Do you believe it is more easy to say what is a high and a low price if someone is on a beach?
Right money making is not easy. And generating a profit from changing pices is a continual process and not a short time thing that you do one time and after it you can go to the beach.
And like i said before, you learn to read the up and downs if you work with them. It's learning by doing.

I don't think there is a easy answer sadly.  Trading is a beast of it's own.  Some are pump/dump, other have long term futures. 

The ones that have a good idea and making good money, don't tend to share the knowledge as it would cut into their profit.  Just like trading bots, sure they are out there but a good configuration is treated like gold.
And trading bots are also a topic for itself. You can work with them if you understand what you do. Before you are not able set a good configuration.
And sure the best information will nobody share. But the basics are good to share. Because the market needs trader. If you trade you will see it this way.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I still failed at obtaining any useful info - buy low, sell high...but how do I know what low/high is?

The people that could answer that would be on a beach somewhere sipping daiquiris.  Smiley

You have to learn how to read the ups and downs.  If it was easy to make money everyone would be rich.
Activity: 266
support.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I still failed at obtaining any useful info - buy low, sell high...but how do I know what low/high is? How should I be properly reading each coin's chart?  Should I be looking at their /all graphs, or judge when to buy/sell by the hour/day/week/month/year?  What's the importance of market cap vs price vs available supply vs volume, and how should I assess these factors when deciding whether or not to invest in an alt?

I don't think there is a easy answer sadly.  Trading is a beast of it's own.  Some are pump/dump, other have long term futures. 

The ones that have a good idea and making good money, don't tend to share the knowledge as it would cut into their profit.  Just like trading bots, sure they are out there but a good configuration is treated like gold.
I know I'm already breaking a couple of the trading world's cardinal rules here, so please bear with me  Grin

Here's my current situation:

• 1.) Amassed $60 worth of BTC
  • 2.) Withdrew $50 into cold storage, kept $10/0.044BTC to play around and/or learn with (ie. lose, so as to not get my hopes up Wink)
  • 3.) Transferred my BTC to Poloniex, and figured I'd try learning the basics of exchanges/trading

I've spread my bits around into various coins.  Because I have no idea what I'm doing - and at the same time putting all my trust in you guys Shocked, I'll tell you what coins I've vested in.  My wealth is spread as such:

Code:
[ARCH] ARCHcoin 10.69400404 

[BTC] Bitcoin 0.00664344

[DOGE] Dogecoin 2603.47826087

[HUGE] BIGcoin 14520.12404124

[NMC] Namecoin 7.27706705

[NXT] NXT 222.94797859

[PPC] Peercoin 1.24685423

[SYS] Syscoin 538.00539083

[XMG] Magi 121.26715731

I've tried reading what various popular trading threads exist, yet usually leave the threads with as little knowledge as I had entered with (and sometimes embarrassed in myself, leaving threads like pumping dicks slathered in the self-praising semen from others getting off in such circle-jerks). 

I still failed at obtaining any useful info - buy low, sell high...but how do I know what low/high is? How should I be properly reading each coin's chart?  Should I be looking at their /all graphs, or judge when to buy/sell by the hour/day/week/month/year?  What's the importance of market cap vs price vs available supply vs volume, and how should I assess these factors when deciding whether or not to invest in an alt?

I realize this is a lot to be asking, but it's just so difficult to find the answers I'm looking for, without ending up in wikipedia pages for fiat currencies, or "THE ANSWERS ALL HERE, LINE PUMPY'S POCKETS FOR THE MEANING OF LIFE, I'M SO RICH I'LL PROVE IT WITH TUMBLR GIFs"-esqe garbage!

I highly appreciate any and all help, and will happily reward any descriptive advice with some changetip  Kiss Kiss

Cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: