Pages:
Author

Topic: Advice on setting up a personnal farm - page 2. (Read 1359 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
December 03, 2015, 11:13:56 AM
Hello all,

I'm not really new to bitcoin but I'm not a technical expert.
I already had the project of setting up my own little farm, but from what i saw it's pretty hard to reach ROI in "normal" conditions.

But an opportunity arrised from a small building that i can use, close to a river. The building is near a waterfall and i thought about using it to create free power.
I'm an engineer and think i can handle the electricity production part. But i need advices on the farm part ^^

To be short:
-I've got a secured place with enough space for more or less anything
-I've got a free electricity but with a limited power output, i don't know exactly how much but i don't think i'll produce more than 10kW.

What's the best mining devices i should use? Do you have any advice on setting up a little personnal farm?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

My advice is to make sure how much electricity you have.  It would be important not to overbuy on gear.   i would advice on electricity run 240 to save cables, also it's much nicer to have all that power there if you need it.

Also ventelation you will need to find some way to cool it down.  With winter for a lot it will help a lot.  But be aware cooling down the mining area most likely is needed.

If your saying you need to build this on waterfall.. do some math first as I'm not sure it will be efficient compared to cheap electricity. 
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
December 03, 2015, 09:56:47 AM
Hello all,

I'm not really new to bitcoin but I'm not a technical expert.
I already had the project of setting up my own little farm, but from what i saw it's pretty hard to reach ROI in "normal" conditions.

But an opportunity arrised from a small building that i can use, close to a river. The building is near a waterfall and i thought about using it to create free power.
I'm an engineer and think i can handle the electricity production part. But i need advices on the farm part ^^

To be short:
-I've got a secured place with enough space for more or less anything
-I've got a free electricity but with a limited power output, i don't know exactly how much but i don't think i'll produce more than 10kW.

What's the best mining devices i should use? Do you have any advice on setting up a little personnal farm?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.
Pages:
Jump to: