Pages:
Author

Topic: Advice regarding refund from an Exchange(Bitlish)after a hacker got all my funds - page 2. (Read 199 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 171
So your saying that all you have in your account is sold,? But you want it to be retrieved? It cannot happen mate. Once the fund is send to an external wallet means you don't have the clicking power to send it back again to you. You may now give up because even thou you retrieve your account but not the fund inside the wallet its useless. For now it will be a lesson. Even thou you complain and complain hackers will not give it back to you. Secure your account next time and don't just roam around with unsecured sites.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

At this point, I don't think there is anything you can do about it than to wait for their response to the ticket raised. On whether its legal to ask for your details, its unfortunate that you have to comply with it as your refusal would give them an excuse to shift away from their own responsibility for being held accountable. While there is nothing to recommend because there is nobody authority to report to, the amount lost is not enough to gather the number of audience to force an action on their part, you can only take this as a lesson.

One major lesson is never to keep your funds on exchange site. You are better at keeping it for yourself. I am also skeptical about the amount of time that coin would have been there because for it to lose value in such high percentage, you must have been waiting a long time for it to recover having bought it during the ICO period which might makes it an inside job for the perpetrator to have thought there is no one interested in the coin again. Another lesson is for you to be more vigilant in your investment decisions, if this coin had been a valuable one, you would probably would have sold it, or the developer have an offline wallet for you to keep it. #my opinion.

I sent them my ID and a selfie with the requested information, and now I'm waiting for feedback. As for the price drop, helbiz listed the coin at 0.75$ and all those with airdrops and free coins dumped. They have a pretty good team , and have Skrill as a partener, so i would expect this project to skyrocket in the future.

My HBZ were there because I put an order to sell at a higher price, and was expecting the price to get back to normal. But..whoever got in my account, sold all of them for low, just so he can clear the board. I won't give up anyway, I'm quite pissed off .
Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
I have found no news that this exchange is hacked, so this would mean that this is isolated case.Probably you are victim of phisning or some sort of malware/RAT on your device who came into possession of your login details and stole your funds.

After you submit ticket to their support they just want to be sure that you are the real owner of that account,so this is something you should do in my opinion.They will maybe conduct some kind of investigation to find out who is hacker.

In my opinion there are three possible causes which caused the loss of your funds :

- You are victim of phishing/malware.
- There is a security flaw in exchange system.
- This was inside job.

If it's the first case then it is not realistic to expect a refund,obviously it is the user's failure.In case the loss of funds came due second or third option,you can hope for refund-but in that case you will have to prove that this is exactly what it is happened.
Definitely, you don't have any right to claim any recover or even damages as the hacked was made possible to your own mistakes. Seeing that you are the only one affected proves that the hack only has targeted you and not the whole exchange itself. 60$ is a lot of money but I wouldn't go through legal proceeding as it won't be worth it as it is only a few bucks to consider it in that procedure.

As for you providing your proof of identity to them all I can say is legal and other exchanges are doing it as well, some exchanges even limit your account if yours is not verified. Sending your proper documents would help them identify you as the right owner of the account.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
So, The exchange platform is Bitlish.com.

Exchange is registered on
Reg no. 9564930
161-165 Farringdon Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1R 3AL.

Context:

On april 30, between 2-3 AM my account was hacked, my 4000HBZ were sold for a crappy price in ETH, then converted to BTC and sent out to an external wallet.
In the morning i found the language switched to RU and all funds gone.

I submitted some tickets to their atifraud sistem,and after allot of waiting, they asked me for some photos with my ID, selfie, and a proof of address . (Is this legal? Do i have to send them?)

What would you recommend for me to do, so i get my assets back?

I know it's a long shot, for an exchange to refund it's users after a hack occurred, But i'm willing to do anything, even if i lose more money with lawyers and stuff like that, than what i already lost.

I also know i din't lose allot of money, my 4k HBZ were about 40-60$. But i bought those in ICO stage with 0.15$ per coin, so seeing the price drop, and after that losing my coins after i invested time into a project pissed me off.

I have found no news that this exchange is hacked, so this would mean that this is isolated case.Probably you are victim of phisning or some sort of malware/RAT on your device who came into possession of your login details and stole your funds.

After you submit ticket to their support they just want to be sure that you are the real owner of that account,so this is something you should do in my opinion.They will maybe conduct some kind of investigation to find out who is hacker.

In my opinion there are three possible causes which caused the loss of your funds :

- You are victim of phishing/malware.
- There is a security flaw in exchange system.
- This was inside job.

If it's the first case then it is not realistic to expect a refund,obviously it is the user's failure.In case the loss of funds came due second or third option,you can hope for refund-but in that case you will have to prove that this is exactly what it is happened.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

Reg no. 9564930

Context:

On april 30, between 2-3 AM my account was hacked, my 4000HBZ were sold for a crappy price in ETH, then converted to BTC and sent out to an external wallet.

I submitted some tickets to their atifraud sistem,and after allot of waiting, they asked me for some photos with my ID, selfie, and a proof of address . (Is this legal? Do i have to send them?)

I know it's a long shot, for an exchange to refund it's users after a hack occurred, But i'm willing to do anything, even if i lose more money with lawyers and stuff like that, than what i already lost.

I also know i din't lose allot of money, my 4k HBZ were about 40-60$. But i bought those in ICO stage with 0.15$ per coin, so seeing the price drop, and after that losing my coins after i invested time into a project pissed me off.

At this point, I don't think there is anything you can do about it than to wait for their response to the ticket raised. On whether its legal to ask for your details, its unfortunate that you have to comply with it as your refusal would give them an excuse to shift away from their own responsibility for being held accountable. While there is nothing to recommend because there is nobody authority to report to, the amount lost is not enough to gather the number of audience to force an action on their part, you can only take this as a lesson.

One major lesson is never to keep your funds on exchange site. You are better at keeping it for yourself. I am also skeptical about the amount of time that coin would have been there because for it to lose value in such high percentage, you must have been waiting a long time for it to recover having bought it during the ICO period which might makes it an inside job for the perpetrator to have thought there is no one interested in the coin again. Another lesson is for you to be more vigilant in your investment decisions, if this coin had been a valuable one, you would probably would have sold it, or the developer have an offline wallet for you to keep it. #my opinion.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

Reg no. 9564930

Context:

Pages:
Jump to: