Pages:
Author

Topic: Advice to a Friend - page 3. (Read 313 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348
June 02, 2023, 06:33:30 PM
"The advancement is so fast.  Can they just slow down" this is coming from a friend who is a noob and still trying to find his way around Bitcoin.

He already invested in Bitcoin some time ago and tries to dedicate at least 30minutes to 1hour to learn about Bitcoin after work. Recently when we met and we're discussing about his learnings and what new thing he has learned. He started to mention the latest advancement in the Bitcoin space from Bitcoin ordinals, BRC-20, etc. and how he gets confused trying to keep up. Because it is like as soon as he's trying to understand on concept another new one is springing up somewhere. I get his point. Most times, this can be really overwhelming. I think there is a fear of missing out here and being behind. What advice do you have to give to my friend who is trying to juggle getting grounded in the basics and keeping up with these latest update on Bitcoin?

I would advise your friend that BRC-20 is not an update of Bitcoin, in fact it has nothing to do about Bitcoin. The latest upgrade of Bitcoin as far as I remember is taproot that introduces some new features of Bitcoin such as Schnorr signatures, Taproot script and Taproot privacy.  Although taproot enable the integration of Bitcoin ordinals, BRC 20 token as I stated is not a part of Bitcoin network.

If he felt like he can't catch up with the update then he should double the time he allocate in learning about BTC, probably this time his leaning strategy will catch up.
Activity: 812
Merit: 725
June 02, 2023, 06:17:46 PM
I think your friend should focus on understanding the fundamentals of Bitcoin and the ideas behind it. He should put the Ordinals and BRC20 issues aside for the time being since he is still learning about Bitcoin as a whole.
He shouldn't have been troubled by all of this if he knew enough about bitcoin, as the trend of ordinals and BRC20 disrupting transactions is no longer an issue. This suggests that anything other than Bitcoin is not consistent because it will eventually disappear.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
June 02, 2023, 05:05:26 PM
It’s simple keep to a thing and make sure you get better on or even get the basics first before going into another other thing. There’s a saying the ‘Jack of all trade is sometimes master of none’. Concerning cryptocurrencies he should stick to bitcoin only because just like there’s the hype now around BRC-20 there will be  new tokens trying to better off bitcoin in future. This are mostly scammers way of luring people into their Alticoins by promising to go beyond what bitcoin is for. Your should be aware that there are more than 1,000 altcoins currently and none has come close to bitcoin. So he shouldn’t bother about them.
Activity: 504
Merit: 283
June 02, 2023, 04:52:39 PM
"The advancement is so fast.  Can they just slow down" this is coming from a friend who is a noob and still trying to find his way around Bitcoin.

He already invested in Bitcoin some time ago and tries to dedicate at least 30minutes to 1hour to learn about Bitcoin after work. Recently when we met and we're discussing about his learnings and what new thing he has learned. He started to mention the latest advancement in the Bitcoin space from Bitcoin ordinals, BRC-20, etc. and how he gets confused trying to keep up. Because it is like as soon as he's trying to understand on concept another new one is springing up somewhere. I get his point. Most times, this can be really overwhelming. I think there is a fear of missing out here and being behind. What advice do you have to give to my friend who is trying to juggle getting grounded in the basics and keeping up with these latest update on Bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: