Pages:
Author

Topic: Advice To Experienced Users; Do Not Get Complacent - page 2. (Read 263 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
I'm curious to know...
I am curious to know the actual error you made, that is of course if it is okay by you to say, you know when you tell what the error was in a step by step way, you are also teaching other members, so they can avoid the mistake you made when they remember this thread.

When you also tell the exact error, i am sure other very experienced members will give corrections and other methods, if there are, to go about things more easily without running into trouble.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
The usual theme of discussions we get around here is advice to 'newbies' on what to avoid and what mistakes not to make in crypto; considering you are your own bank. This is in order, as taking responsibility requires one to be responsible for their actions and inactions.

This thread was inspired by an error I made when backing up a seedphrase recently and it is to draw awareness that experienced crypto users or those who have been using it for a longer time period should not get complacent as they are open to mistakes and errors which could cost them.

Some tips which I consider to be helpful;
• Always pay extra attention when backing up a seed phrase,
• Always triple check all information about a transaction before signing, this includes address, amount and fee,
• Avoid clicking on random links and bookmark important websites,
• Your memory is not a reliable backup, for passwords or seed phrase. Have a place you store useful information which you can easily access.

This is a short list as more experienced users usually have things covered, just try not to get comfortable.
I'm curious to know, are there any errors you've made as a regular user of cryptocurrencies?
Do you have tips to avoid such?
Pages:
Jump to: