Pages:
Author

Topic: Advisor's Role in an ICO? - page 2. (Read 744 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
November 23, 2017, 11:59:53 AM
There is a whole range of ICO advisory roles: from the technical to regulatory, and the creative: business, legal, fintech, financing, accounting, code and technical development, blockchain integration, ICO process, marketing, branding, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
November 23, 2017, 10:32:00 AM
The main role of advisor in an ICO is guiding the team for a successful ICO. They will help you to sort out things like how to do marketing, how to increase the value or how to fix the value of your coin and how to maintain it. They wont interfere in any legal aspects of the ICO. For that we need to hire accountants to deal with the legal aspects of ICO. So generally advisors guide you and your team for a successful ICO.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
November 23, 2017, 10:20:58 AM
Most people here only seem to be talking about legal advisors, but ICO's usually have advisors for multiple roles.
I'm sure that there's also a need for more tech oriented consultants, they basically make decisions regarding the technical aspects without doing any of the programming themselves.

You could basically work as a consultant for just about every role you could imagine, if there's a need for it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
November 23, 2017, 08:46:51 AM
They will guide the company that has released the ICO about legal things the majority of the time. Releasing an ICO without following the right legal precautions can land you in some serious situations.
Activity: 66
Merit: 14
ICO Bounty Hunting Guides and Tips
November 23, 2017, 08:45:26 AM
ICO advisers are usually legal companies - lawyers, accountants, tax. They specialize in IPOs and ICOs. They have experience of doing the paperwork for variety of ICO projects and know the ins and outs.
The team behind the project are usually devs or business guys who are not experts in law. That's why they need outer company - the advising company to do it.
Sometimes it can be just one person, who is listed as adviser.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
November 23, 2017, 06:09:14 AM
Normally, an advisor is the one that mentor and guide the person in charge for the project. It includes teaching broader meaning to things and being the first one to verify in every steps/decisions. As for the ICO, I'd a guess that it doesn't work like that. I don't think that these advisers are joining on the project's decision-making. They are just there like what adamcro said, "as an influencer".
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
November 23, 2017, 05:41:17 AM
Hi Folks. Can anyone please help me understand what all comes under the role of being an Advisor for an ICO?? What are the responsibilities of an Advisor?? Any insight will be highly appreciated.

I wonder that too, but since ICO is something that people are not familiar with so much or if you haven't executed any ICO so far you need someone to advise you how to do it and what steps to take.

I think advisers are mostly influencers. So if someone sees that person X Y is your adviser and that person is influencer in blockchain community, your ICO becomes more valuable and trustful
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
November 23, 2017, 04:37:00 AM
Hi Folks. Can anyone please help me understand what all comes under the role of being an Advisor for an ICO?? What are the responsibilities of an Advisor?? Any insight will be highly appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: