Pages:
Author

Topic: Africa needs bitcoin, not a charity - page 6. (Read 937 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
June 19, 2019, 03:43:00 AM
Cryptocurrency is not so massive yet, because people just don’t know how to work with it. I think that cryptocurrencies could be a good way to promote young talented developers. That is why people need to be given access to cryptocurrency. So you can invest in the development of the country.

But a crypto currency such as bitcoin's volatility would only add misery to an already suffering nation if the price plumeted such as it did recently before returning to more accepted levels.  A villager isn't going to accept that the bitcoin they ammased has suddenly halved in value in the same way fiat deflates via hyperinflation.  They get rid of bitcoin and will be scared off of it for a long, long time.  Build up the nation first and gradually introduce bitcoin to the masses.
Activity: 27
June 19, 2019, 03:39:19 AM
Cryptocurrency is not so massive yet, because people just don’t know how to work with it. I think that cryptocurrencies could be a good way to promote young talented developers. That is why people need to be given access to cryptocurrency. So you can invest in the development of the country.
I’m close to the idea that people themselves are able to improve their fictitious status, if given resources. In particular, knowledge of how cryptocurrency and investing in it can help them earn more. This idea is also supported by the platform taklimakan where there are educational materials and you can directly communicate with experienced traders, learn the secrets of trading.
Activity: 27
June 19, 2019, 03:28:39 AM
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
June 19, 2019, 03:26:21 AM
It really depends to which part you're referring to. If we take North African countries such as Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, etc. then bitcoin is already being widely used and also definitely needed.

If you are talking about some parts of Africa where people don't even know how to eat, I'm sorry to say, but personally, I wouldn't be interested in hearing about BTC. You should know that these people are not educated, and even though it's easy to say that the price will skyrocket, etc. they simply can't afford the risk and the price's volatility.
Activity: 10
June 19, 2019, 03:03:52 AM
Kind of strange that there would be such a divergence of opinion concerning the utilization of crypto in Africa verses the need for assistance in developing nations.  Naturally Africans need a stable currency to thrive (after-all a destabilized currency causes hyperinflation and that is the last thing an already fragile economy would want).  Infrastructure in the form of roads and rail together with clean drinking water and energy supply are all needed, but sadly more and more examples are arising where people in remote areas are connecting to the outside world with cheep phones and even cheaper cell phone plans.

It will be interesting how the introduction of Facebook's dedicated crypto currency into the mixture will affect the use or otherwise of both bitcoin and their in-house Libra token.
Activity: 184
Merit: 2
June 19, 2019, 02:54:21 AM
in this article, i see lot of sense in ray youseff words, bitcoin and crypto currency in general have got lots of untapped potentials in the African market. The major setback is the lack of information, lack of stabble power supply. African countries have got free pass laws that favour crypto, but the information is lacking behind.
Activity: 4
June 19, 2019, 02:37:31 AM
but Africans seem just interested by BTC, few of them use the BTC!

https://news.bitcoin.com/why-africa-continues-to-lag-behind-in-cryptocurrency-adoption/
Activity: 28
June 19, 2019, 01:52:01 AM
I think a possibility of crypto would ease the life of many africans, this privelege would give a great benefit for them, not talking about the development

The article: https://www.cio.co.ke/africa-needs-bitcoin-not-charity/
Pages:
Jump to: