Pages:
Author

Topic: Africa or Australia - page 3. (Read 2325 times)

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
April 18, 2015, 05:54:25 PM
Just do a google search like "youtube bitcoin africa" and you will see that Bitcoin grows in Africa more than in other world regions.
I think it is because Africans have more to win. The most national currencies there are very unstable and have high inflation rates.
Bitcoins and crypto coins in common are a good way to keep the value of their earnings and savings.
Activity: 227
Merit: 103
Have faith.
April 18, 2015, 05:10:31 PM
this tread is just advertising garbage
ripple labs got nothing to do with bitcoin and who cares if a company opens a office somewhere in the world
sydney is not australias capital
i think OP and bitforum suck
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
April 18, 2015, 04:43:31 PM
Bitcoin on its own will not help Africa, some form of innovative business filling the role of banking for the unbanked utilizing Bitcoin may be more of a spark to create adoption in Africa, but I believe we are many years off. I also do not believe adoption in Australia will be so fast, but the technology is here in the west, so it's just a matter of time before the efficiencies it creates are capitalized on by companies.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
April 18, 2015, 09:17:11 AM
Panama and Costa Rica.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
April 18, 2015, 09:14:20 AM
Who do you think will have the biggest chance of Bitcoin success?

Latin America
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
April 18, 2015, 09:04:38 AM
i'll say australia will regulate it first, so for this reason it will be more popular there before africa, africa in some zone still lack hi-tech activity to introduce itself at bitcoin, poverty actually doesn't help , because you can't buy bitcoin and help the market to grow

africe indeed is lacking tech, but even poor people have phones/smartphones there. it would make more sense for africa to be first as the need for something like bitcoin is much higher there. even very simple cheap smartphones can run a bitcoin wallet.

this is even more true for a more industrialized country, which can adopt a new tech much faster than a poor one, the fact that africa need it does not mean that they will utilize it well, if everything that they need from bitcoin is get out of the poverty, because bitcoin wasn't born to enrich the poor or make them less poor, at least this isn't its not primal role
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
April 18, 2015, 08:07:55 AM
Who do you think will have the biggest chance of Bitcoin success? Africa or Australia?

With Ripple Labs building an office in Australia's Capital City - Sydney and Africa becoming a haven for Bitcoin start-ups

Who do you think will attain a bigger success in the bitcoin industry?

Reference reading:

http://bitforum.info/t/sydney-will-be-a-new-home-for-ripple-labs/831
http://bitforum.info/t/africa-a-breeding-nest-of-bitcoin-industry/823

For me, Australia is economically stable compared to, Africa needs bitcoin services even more because of the fact that some areas in the continent is struck with poverty. That is maybe the best reason why Bitcoin will flourish more in Africa.
I think Australia will have the biggest success with Bitcoin, mostly because I'm from there and many people know about it.
Activity: 500
April 18, 2015, 07:43:40 AM
Who do you think will have the biggest chance of Bitcoin success? Africa or Australia?

With Ripple Labs building an office in Australia's Capital City - Sydney and Africa becoming a haven for Bitcoin start-ups

Stopped reading ....

Commonwealth of Australia
Capital   Canberra

So you know all about about Australian economy but you think Sydney is the capital
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1009
April 18, 2015, 07:11:32 AM
Who has more internet and spare money to risk?

I guess Australia
Q7
Activity: 448
April 18, 2015, 06:05:53 AM
I think both continents have equal chance to make great impact, the only difference is when will it take place. Australia already has existing facility to support bitcoin development and move towards mainstream adoption. On the other hand we shouldn't discount Africa as well. Comprising of several countries, bitcoin can actually be used as a common currency to facilitate trade and given the political turmoil that degrades value and trust the people have towards paper money used over there, bitcoin can actually play a wider role to become a common trading currency. So it all depends on how you look at it.
Activity: 442
April 18, 2015, 05:58:25 AM
Sydney is not capital city  Tongue
Activity: 406
AltoCenter.com
April 18, 2015, 05:34:06 AM
But what will be the technical structure that will hold the bitcoin structure. Africa is not nearly ready for this tech and who is going to provide the with btc when doctors and volunteers are dying just to provide them food and water.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
April 18, 2015, 04:46:43 AM
i'll say australia will regulate it first, so for this reason it will be more popular there before africa, africa in some zone still lack hi-tech activity to introduce itself at bitcoin, poverty actually doesn't help , because you can't buy bitcoin and help the market to grow

africe indeed is lacking tech, but even poor people have phones/smartphones there. it would make more sense for africa to be first as the need for something like bitcoin is much higher there. even very simple cheap smartphones can run a bitcoin wallet.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
April 18, 2015, 03:35:23 AM
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
April 18, 2015, 01:09:56 AM

Who do you think will attain a bigger success in the bitcoin industry?

Reference reading:

http://bitforum.info/t/sydney-will-be-a-new-home-for-ripple-labs/831
http://bitforum.info/t/africa-a-breeding-nest-of-bitcoin-industry/823

For me, Australia is economically stable compared to, Africa needs bitcoin services even more because of the fact that some areas in the continent is struck with poverty. That is maybe the best reason why Bitcoin will flourish more in Africa.
Pages:
Jump to: