Pages:
Author

Topic: After the fork BTC + BCC = current BTC ? - page 2. (Read 1672 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
No, think of it like this:
You have an a old coin, and someone finds a way to mint similar coins, made from the same metal, but they won't be as old, so they'll present lower value to a collector. One of these coins is given for free to everyone who holds the old coins, one for each old coin they're holding. Does that mean the value of the old coin will go down? No, because nothing has changed, it will retain its value, while the value of the new coin will depend on the market.

Your way of thinking implies that the makers of the new coin will take a hold of your old coin, chip a part of it and insert it into their newly minted coin to increase its value. Nothing like that will happen. Furthermore, you selling your new coin will have completely no impact on the old coin's value. These will be two separate markets.

What you are talking about does not make any sense according to economic theory.
It looks more like an explanation of an illusion show.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
No, not necessarily. I thought about this before, too, and I looked at the example of Ethereum and Ethereum Classic. I expected that the value of both would have been the same as the value of the forked project. But the combined value was about 20% higher. So, the chance is good - and I think this is the reason why Bitcoin price is currently rising - that the value of Bitcoin and its fork will be higher, too, compared to the price it will have at the fork.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
No, think of it like this:
You have an a old coin, and someone finds a way to mint similar coins, made from the same metal, but they won't be as old, so they'll present lower value to a collector. One of these coins is given for free to everyone who holds the old coins, one for each old coin they're holding. Does that mean the value of the old coin will go down? No, because nothing has changed, it will retain its value, while the value of the new coin will depend on the market.

Your way of thinking implies that the makers of the new coin will take a hold of your old coin, chip a part of it and insert it into their newly minted coin to increase its value. Nothing like that will happen. Furthermore, you selling your new coin will have completely no impact on the old coin's value. These will be two separate markets.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 263
So the current price of 1 BTC is 2740 USD. It has climbed from 1750 USD to 2400 USD and when news popped out that Bitcoin has locked BIP 91, then it skyrocketed to 2890 USD. Now Bitcoin Cash persits of its fork, 1.so the fork happens and people are still buying Bitcoin. My first question is why?
Okey, so you'll get the equal amount of BCC as you have BTC. For example, you have 10 BTC, then after August 1. you'll get "extra" 10 BCC.
Okey, BUT how will the BCC appreciate in value. So BTC will give a % of its market cap to BCH and 2.BCC will get a value of around 400/500 USD (based on futures) meaning that BTC will lose the % of its market cap and decrese in value. Does it mean that after the fork you'll basically have the same value of your current BTC value --> So after the fork value of BTC + BCC = current value of BTC ? I don't know if I am right, just correct me please.
The most reasonable scenario right after the fork may be that BCC will be dumped right after the fork and BTC bought at its lovest price.
What do you think will happen with altcoins (ETH for instance) after the August 1. ?

ok,let me explain a bit for you and answer your question based on my knowledge and market;
1.The fork happen and why people keep buying Bitcoin and why ?
   The answer is very simple my friend,because they want to get a free gift from chain,imagine it if you have 10BTC in your cold storage you will get
   10 BCC/BCH in other chain,doesn't that mean you're profiting from buying Bitcoin ?
2.That won't happen(probably),it's so much for a mere clone and only a few people who's supporting that clown (even thought they're big miners
   doesn't mean they can rule the cryptoworld),take a look at other their Clone like Bitcoin Unlimited and other.Even if it's hit that price,it won't take a
   long time to see the huge dump (more likely whales will pump it to cash out)
3.Bitcoin price may be decreasing because of this,but that won't last long because it's a new start for Bitcoin,we will see another further progress and
   improvement in Bitcoin itself

so in conclusion,Bitcoin is always Bitcoin aka 'BTC' and Bitcoin Cash is always Bitcoin Cash aka 'BCC/BCH'

about Altcoin ? Altcoin always be like that,tomorrow we can see Pump and after tomorrow we can see Dump.
Nothing special
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
So the current price of 1 BTC is 2740 USD. It has climbed from 1750 USD to 2400 USD and when news popped out that Bitcoin has locked BIP 91, then it skyrocketed to 2890 USD. Now Bitcoin Cash persits of its fork, so the fork happens and people are still buying Bitcoin. My first question is why?
Okey, so you'll get the equal amount of BCC as you have BTC. For example, you have 10 BTC, then after August 1. you'll get "extra" 10 BCC.
BUT how will the BCC appreciate in value. So BTC will give a % of its market cap to BCC and BCC will get a value of around 400/500 USD (based on futures) meaning that BTC will lose the % of its market cap and decrese in value. Does it mean that after the fork you'll basically have the same value of your current BTC value --> So after the fork value of BTC + BCC = current value of BTC ? I don't know if I am right, just correct me please.
The most reasonable scenario right after the fork may be that BCC will be dumped right after the fork and BTC bought at its lovest price.
What do you think will happen with altcoins (ETH for instance) after the August 1. ?
Pages:
Jump to: