Pages:
Author

Topic: again a Bitcoin millionaire who forgot his password - page 6. (Read 919 times)

Activity: 856
Merit: 422
Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more.  Think of it as a donation to everyone.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
German-born programmer Stefan Thomas told the Times he forgot the password to IronKey, an secure flash drive has access to 7,002 Bitcoin - $220 million worth. IronKey gives users 10 guesses for their passwords before seizing its contents.
"I would just lay in bed and think about it," Thomas told the New York Times Nathaniel Popper. "Then I would go to the computer with some new strategy, and it wouldn't work, and I would be desperate again."

quite surprised by this news because his Bitcoin trapped in his hardware wallet is very much.  Don't underestimate your private key and password, if you haven't prepared the best place (easy to remember and reach) to store your private key and password then do it right now..

https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/programmer-locked-out-220-million-in-bitcoin-forgotten-password-2021-1-1029961378
Pages:
Jump to: