Pages:
Author

Topic: Again a topic about wallet sync - page 2. (Read 326 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132
September 08, 2019, 07:52:49 AM
Developers FIX this, this not acceptable anymore. Syncing will soon be more than a month, nobody it going to wait a month the get their wallet synced.
I'm seriously considering getting my coins out of the wallet when I'm synced and change them into another crypto, to never touch a bitcoin wallet again...

The sync time depends not only on the client's code but also on your hardware. Upgrading to an SSD made a huge difference in my case. Your CPU is also important since you are also verifying all the blocks while downloading them. If you don't want to wait then you can use light clients, for example, Electrum as long as you follow proper security measures (verifing installation files, downloading them from the official websites and avoiding malware by even using a separate computer for cryptocurrencies).
Activity: 22
Merit: 3
September 08, 2019, 07:45:10 AM

I'm writing this because I counld't find a recent topic about this.
Wallet syncing is extremly slow, I'm syncing for 3 days now and it tells me it will take another 3 days. The developers should find a solution for this, because it is ridiculous, it will prevent people of using bitcoin at all.

From 2009 to januari 2018 takes a day orso, still long, but well I can live with that. But than after this date progress drops and takes another hole week! to get the last 2 years!
Developers FIX this, this not acceptable anymore. Syncing will soon be more than a month, nobody it going to wait a month the get their wallet synced.
I'm seriously considering getting my coins out of the wallet when I'm synced and change them into another crypto, to never touch a bitcoin wallet again...

Pages:
Jump to: