Pages:
Author

Topic: Airbnb Crypto Project - Concept notice - page 2. (Read 379 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
April 04, 2023, 11:12:17 AM
- 3% refund in BTC/ETH or Ctravel token (here I would like to have your opinion -> do you prefer to be paid in BTC/ETH or in Ctravel if you choose the Ctravel token you will have higher % cashback)
- 2% Dao fund ( Here this fund will be used to pay back to the community dividends that participate in the DAO)

You simply can't step from the whole thing about DAO, tokens, DeFi and stuff, do you?

If you have done your research then you know already why Airbnb is successful, and the main reason is that it offers a simple way to find accommodation and a simple way to list properties. The moment you throw tokens into the mix you just confuse users, the moment you start talking about DAO it will raise an eyebrow from property owners, throw some more buzzwords into the mix and you're going to have everyone look suspicious at your project.

Furthermore, other than being a clone that offers payment in crypto, how do you plan on getting people on board? You know how many ideas just like yours have been around and how many have failed and further "failed"' as in exit scams? DtraveL has burned $10 million and managed to bring the token down from 75 cents to 5 cents and all it has is a platform that looks like Death Valley. Beetoken, 15 milliosn gone! And the list could go for pages!

So, other than having a token, what would be our advantage over Airbnb for example?

- The possibility to get more cashback on each transaction
- Offer discounts to these users such as 10% on the next order?

Where is all those extra money going to come from?
Because if you're rewarding either the host or the guest somebody has to pay for that!

Activity: 22
Merit: 8
April 04, 2023, 10:50:35 AM
Your idea is good, but I think you could do something simpler.

For example, cashback in BTC (via Lightning Network if the amounts are small for example) could bring you a good customer base, maybe more than with your own token in my opinion.

Moreover, in my humble opinion, you would need a more restricted speciality, the market seems to be quite busy already, with gift cards and other legit sites already in place.

For example, if you propose a rental site for medium/long term, where BTC is accepted, and with BTC cashback, I know some people who would be very interested. This would mean being able to rent - even outside of holiday/travel periods - with BTC payment.
If the system is like AirBNB where the duration is quickly limited, and where it is done by several reservations for a long period, it would lose its interest.

In any case I wish you a lot of luck with your project, and success of course

This is a very good idea! I think it could be very interesting for the Bitcoin community and it could highlight the Lightning network service which is very underrated.

I see it's a very interesting idea! The platform could very well offer both use cases one for medium/short term rentals like Airbnb. And also propose long term rentals like 6 months / 1 year without having to make several reservations. It's relatively easy to set up thanks for your idea!
April 04, 2023, 10:41:30 AM
The idea you offer is pretty good but there are a few things that bother me a bit, like why did you integrate DeFi features with the travel platform? your users just want to travel with their crypto as payment, I think they are too complicated to do staking let alone lending on your platform. Second, the cashback promo that you offer is quite attractive, but 10% cashback is quite a lot, how can you provide this much cashback from your platform? Are you sure that the economy of your platform can provide this? The last one is subscription, what do you provide the subscription feature for? Your platform is not a platform for watching movies or games, so there is no need to provide this feature, instead it is better to provide premium user features which will give them more benefits.

I think you are right, there is also someone on the french server who told me about this. The DEFI doesn't bring much to this project, it can even create confusion for the end user.

For the Cashback I am working more in details the numbers but you are right 10% is too much. I have them as an idea tonight to distribute it more fairly tell me what you think:

Total service charge on each reservation (8%):

- 5% Service charge that goes to Ctravel

- 3% refund in BTC/ETH or Ctravel token (here I would like to have your opinion -> do you prefer to be paid in BTC/ETH or in Ctravel if you choose the Ctravel token you will have higher % cashback)

- 2% Dao fund ( Here this fund will be used to pay back to the community dividends that participate in the DAO)

As for the subscription I have them an idea this night! It will be indeed premium features that give them advantages.
- Such as a certified badge that attests that the user has very good reviews and is a certified host or tenant of quality and trust!
- The possibility to get more cashback on each transaction
- Offer discounts to these users such as 10% on the next order?
April 04, 2023, 08:51:52 AM
Other than Airbnb, there is also ShareRing which is probably competing with your project directly, although they do branch out to other stuff right now. That being said:
1. Why the need for a token? What does it contribute to the platform other than giving extra initial funds for the development and probably won't see any usage sooner or later?
2. Why is there a stacking, lending, dao program if your goal is to solve crypto rental market? I doubt any traveler would look at a traveling app and say "damn, this lending proposal is good, I should buy it".
3. Don't you think creating a third-party lending platform that allows users to pay their Airbnb or something similar with crypto is more valuable compared to this new, ground-up renting platform? If no, why? Is there any law that prohibits you to do this? I assume it would work like how people can buy gift cards with Bitcoin, even though the platform where they use the cards doesn't support Bitcoin payment directly.
4. I don't believe that people will willingly support and stay on your platform if it is not competitive. This "us vs them" mentality is not going to work if your platform is terrible, has no control over the rental house, doesn't offer protection, etc. How will you compete with Airbnb in its customer service department other than being friendly toward crypto?
5. I've seen similar projects in the past, with more or less the same proposal. They do an ICO and then close their business without ever producing anything. What is the guarantee that you will at least deliver some beta apps if you plan to do the same?

Okay, finally no, the token is not necessarily mandatory. If the project makes enough profit with a % on each transaction and the project is profitable, it is not necessary to have its own currency!
And then providing Btc or Eth as a reward seems more attractive for the user!

Yes you are right about providing an MVP with a working system to prove my intentions and determination! Thanks a lot anyway, it's very motivating for me to talk about my subject and to confront myself with everyone's opinion!
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 04, 2023, 04:55:06 AM
Your idea is good, but I think you could do something simpler.

For example, cashback in BTC (via Lightning Network if the amounts are small for example) could bring you a good customer base, maybe more than with your own token in my opinion.

Moreover, in my humble opinion, you would need a more restricted speciality, the market seems to be quite busy already, with gift cards and other legit sites already in place.

For example, if you propose a rental site for medium/long term, where BTC is accepted, and with BTC cashback, I know some people who would be very interested. This would mean being able to rent - even outside of holiday/travel periods - with BTC payment.
If the system is like AirBNB where the duration is quickly limited, and where it is done by several reservations for a long period, it would lose its interest.

In any case I wish you a lot of luck with your project, and success of course
Activity: 644
Merit: 152
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 04, 2023, 03:22:32 AM
The idea you offer is pretty good but there are a few things that bother me a bit, like why did you integrate DeFi features with the travel platform? your users just want to travel with their crypto as payment, I think they are too complicated to do staking let alone lending on your platform. Second, the cashback promo that you offer is quite attractive, but 10% cashback is quite a lot, how can you provide this much cashback from your platform? Are you sure that the economy of your platform can provide this? The last one is subscription, what do you provide the subscription feature for? Your platform is not a platform for watching movies or games, so there is no need to provide this feature, instead it is better to provide premium user features which will give them more benefits.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
April 03, 2023, 08:49:49 AM
1. The Ctravel token is there to represent the company on the cryptocurrency market and also to reward the user when he rents an accommodation he receives a % in travel which is similar to cashback.
I more or less understand it. But is there a need for a token other than to get more funds for your initial funding? I mean, if we look at projects like Bitrefill, the existence of tokens is unnecessary. You can provide ETH or BTC or something similar if you want to provide a loyalty program. You can address the issue of funding with crowdfunding and something similar I guess. Even if you don't have a token, as long as your platform is good enough, I bet it will still be popular.
5. I really intend to solve a problem related to cryptocurrency, whether it is this one or another, it is not a problem.
Not to say that you'll scam people, but I doubt you can assure them your project will last with just a promise. I guess if you can provide an MVP or something similar, more people will take your project seriously. If not, and you start asking for funding without anything to prove your capability, I guess it won't go anywhere.
April 02, 2023, 03:29:39 PM
Hi !

1. The Ctravel token is there to represent the company on the cryptocurrency market and also to reward the user when he rents an accommodation he receives a % in travel which is similar to cashback.

2/3 This is part of the secondary features I thought it was good to offer a panel of features but the main idea will remain the payment of housing between individuals in cryptocurrencies.

4. the idea is to offer the same guarantee of protection as with Airbnb with a deposit system if damage has been caused to the property! But it is certain in terms of customer service it seems more complicated than what I had imagined!

5. I really intend to solve a problem related to cryptocurrency, whether it is this one or another, it is not a problem.

My topic is here to face the reality and see if there are people interested in such a solution.

Thanks for your feedback!
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
April 02, 2023, 08:14:17 AM
Other than Airbnb, there is also ShareRing which is probably competing with your project directly, although they do branch out to other stuff right now. That being said:
1. Why the need for a token? What does it contribute to the platform other than giving extra initial funds for the development and probably won't see any usage sooner or later?
2. Why is there a stacking, lending, dao program if your goal is to solve crypto rental market? I doubt any traveler would look at a traveling app and say "damn, this lending proposal is good, I should buy it".
3. Don't you think creating a third-party lending platform that allows users to pay their Airbnb or something similar with crypto is more valuable compared to this new, ground-up renting platform? If no, why? Is there any law that prohibits you to do this? I assume it would work like how people can buy gift cards with Bitcoin, even though the platform where they use the cards doesn't support Bitcoin payment directly.
4. I don't believe that people will willingly support and stay on your platform if it is not competitive. This "us vs them" mentality is not going to work if your platform is terrible, has no control over the rental house, doesn't offer protection, etc. How will you compete with Airbnb in its customer service department other than being friendly toward crypto?
5. I've seen similar projects in the past, with more or less the same proposal. They do an ICO and then close their business without ever producing anything. What is the guarantee that you will at least deliver some beta apps if you plan to do the same?
April 02, 2023, 05:45:54 AM
Hello to all of you!

My name is Dylan, I'm 25 years old, I'm a UI Designer and I just spent 5 years in a company that uses blockchain.
From now on I intend to start my own business and solve problems in the Crypto/Blockchain atmosphere.

That's why I present you my project : Ctravel (C for crypto / Travel for travel)

Brief description of my project

Ctravel is a platform for renting accommodations between individuals with cryptocurrencies as a payment method.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Ctravel answers a simple problem. Today if I have crypto-currency and I want to spend this crypto-currency for accommodation I have two solutions available to me:

1 - The service Travala.com allows you to book hotel rooms around the world

2 - Use a crypto.com or binance type of cryptocurrency card (what about decentralization which is the main argument of cryptocurrency)

How do you want to solve it?

If the user wants a more atypical property or simply to have his little comfort like at home. He will certainly go through Airbnb the leader of the C to C (consumer to consumer) market.
And currently no actor of the market proposes the reservation of private individual to private individual with for means of payment the cryptocurrencies.

That's how the idea of Ctravel was born!

What is your market? What is its potential?

- 18/ 35 years old
- Digital native
- Passionate about crypto
- The user who wants to spend their cryptocurrency because they own more bitcoin than euros.

Number of people holding cryptocurrency in the month of December 2022: 425 million
(119 million more users joined the crypto world in 2022)
This is a number that is exponential over time, depending on the forecast by the end of 2023 there would be between 600 and 800 million users.

Potential:

Today as you have seen there are more and more people who are interested in cryptocurrencies. Not for the lure of easy gain, but for that decentralization! In an era where the financial markets are increasingly dilluting the fiat currencies thanks to the money printing of the FED or the ECB. The users of crypto-currencies want to own a currency that was created to avoid the big stock market crashes. And this behave as a store of value such as gold.
The Ctravel project is therefore in this niche where the adoption of crypto-currencies begins to see the light of day from year to year!

As for the competition (Airbnb), I have foreseen this eventuality. I have an arsenal of features I plan to put in place to get ahead of the game

The project doesn't just stop at the cryptocurrency payment part otherwise the added value is not enough.
I plan to create an ecosystem of features around this project.

- Ctravel Token: Creation of a token to make the project ecosystem work.

- Cashback: Each time a user makes a reservation, he/she will get a % of the transaction back in Ctravel.

- Wallet: The cashback will be transferred to your Ctravel hot wallet

- Swap: You will have the possibility to exchange your Ctravel for Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.

- Exchanger: You will have the possibility to trade the different cryptocurrencies that will be voted by our users

- Stacking & Earn: By depositing your Ctravel tokens you will benefit from an annual % APY payout.

- Lending: We offer crypto lending with collateral

- Subscription: We offer a Premium service with specific benefits ( + cashback, 10% discount on all transactions...)

- Dao: Let users vote for decisions made within Ctravel. Translated with

And if tomorrow Airbnb starts to make payments in crypto?

Today it is complicated for the gafa, to set up financial services and create their own cryptocurrency. We have the example of Facebook which has tried several times.
The various states around the world are against a major power to create its own currency and come to shade the fiduciary currencies.

Nevertheless, let's say that Airbnb manages to offer a service that allows payment in crypto. What about Ctravel?

Through the differences service proposed above. Cryptocurrency enthusiasts will probably prefer to stay on Ctravel and in the manner of browser Brave.
Supporting blockchain projects rather than feeding this giant that finally doesn't have the same values...

Here is an overview of my project, I would like to have your feedback on this idea.
Would you personally spend your cryptocurrency to travel or would you use fiat currency on airbnb?

Feel free to leave negative or positive comments as long as it is argued that is no problem!

Have a good day and above all, don't forget to travel!
Pages:
Jump to: