Pages:
Author

Topic: AIRDROP: Sending zero ETH? - page 2. (Read 677 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
February 19, 2018, 04:36:46 AM
sure it will work and safe as long as you did not leave a private key, there are times when you have to be careful when get coin airdrop
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 19, 2018, 04:28:21 AM
The AIRDROP is safe and requires only some ETH, but they just want to ban multiple accounts.
While this does not actually prohibit multi-account participation, it can increase the cost of participation, and the value of tokens remains unknown.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop
February 19, 2018, 04:22:15 AM
Lately there's an increase in Airdrops requesting bounty hunters to send zero (0) ETH to claim tokens. Of course, one is advised to reduce gwei to 1 or 2.

My question, how safe is this transaction and is it really worth it?

You are sending 0 Eth just to trigger the smart contract to send you tokens back. It is safe and would just cost you less than half a dollar for gas. I've participated to 3 or 4 airdrops like this. I received the tokens as stated, of course, their future price is a different topic.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
February 19, 2018, 04:20:25 AM
I try not to participate in airdrops, where they ask me to send even 0 eth. For me, the safety of my wallet is more important than the airdrop.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
February 19, 2018, 04:14:43 AM
Airdrop is suppose to be free . I wander why Is should be asked to send zero Eth. I do not participate in any airdrop that ask people to send Ethereum  before airdrop will be given.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
February 19, 2018, 04:14:04 AM
I believe it is safe. When you send 0ETH to the address, that address will received nothing. the 1-2 gwei spent will not be received by that address. I believe the team just want to make sure the airdrop participant is using a valid wallet.
If the team request transferring a small amount of ETH, for example 0.0001. It is most likely a scam. It is profitable when many people send a small amount of ETH to that address.
Activity: 70
Merit: 8
February 19, 2018, 04:09:57 AM
Lately there's an increase in Airdrops requesting bounty hunters to send zero (0) ETH to claim tokens. Of course, one is advised to reduce gwei to 1 or 2.

Usually I stay away from people that request me to send them anything (even 0 ETH) in order to receive the Airdrop or the Bounty.

Me too Smiley
Activity: 374
Merit: 12
February 19, 2018, 04:07:51 AM
airdrop come soon wish i get answer from admin soon thank you very much and wish this project go to the moon
Report to moderator 
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
February 19, 2018, 04:00:06 AM
I think that a normal airdrop will not be with the dispatch of a transaction, personally I never send a donat. Always at this point I put 0. If to reflect, each participant will send a little eth and the creator of the airdrop is already happy Cheesy
Activity: 126
February 19, 2018, 03:42:49 AM

Usually I stay away from people that request me to send them anything (even 0 ETH) in order to receive the Airdrop or the Bounty.
I don't know if you guys saw, but on Vitalik's Twitter page, there is some guy that is impersonating him and asks people to send 0.3-0.7 ETH to his address and he promises it will give them 3-7 ETH back.
All lies of course, that scammers made a few hundred bucks. So stay away from this type of "Bounties" or "Airdrops".
Activity: 187
February 19, 2018, 03:38:51 AM

Pages:
Jump to: