Pages:
Author

Topic: Airdrops. With its impact on value of coin, good time to sell? - page 3. (Read 1175 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Patience is key....
Just do you homework on the project.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
I think how can people get token to sell before airdrop. Can only dev team have Sad Thats big question about airdrop
Activity: 536
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I'm hoping to get some advice from people with much experience trading airdropped tokens or coins.

Let's say a token/coin is about to distribute a big airdrop to many users, doesn't that usually mean that more people (those receiving the airdrop) will immediately sell their new token/coins and therefore cause negative movement of token/coin value? Given this, is it then best practice to SELL before airdrops are distributed?

Mostly people who received tokens including me will immediately sell the coins especially if the value in the market are very poor. As you can see in the market their are already thousand kinds altcoins are now competing in which some are considered a crap anymore. If you luckily maybe to receive airdrop coins, you should check right away in the market value to see if their are big investments pouring in so that you could decide to pump or dump it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
I'm hoping to get some advice from people with much experience trading airdropped tokens or coins.

Let's say a token/coin is about to distribute a big airdrop to many users, doesn't that usually mean that more people (those receiving the airdrop) will immediately sell their new token/coins and therefore cause negative movement of token/coin value? Given this, is it then best practice to SELL before airdrops are distributed?

ive been joining lots of airdrop lately but i still hold my coins/token because most of them has a little to less value and i'll end up paying more for the gas fee rather than earning a profit. yet not not all tokes/coins have a low value after you recived it, infact there are others like ebtc has pump immediatley and
some people actually earn easy money on it. overall i think its better if you can just hold it for a longer time  or until it it is listed on 2 to 3 exchanges or major exchanges for a reasonable price.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
Yeah if the airdrop is a good project, HOLD. I'm doing that with DeepOnion (great privacy coin with good team, community and feature roadmap).

If it's some scammey eBTC type airdrop, that's a money grab by the creators, might as well dump that crap ASAP.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
thanks for this topic i find answer for question in my mind about airdrop
Activity: 356
That depends on the token actually. If the token in only obtained through airdrop and not through ICO, that means the coin may have a very little value in the market. Because it is available for free of cost so why would people pay a price for obtaining it? That will become a pump and dump scenario. Even though we have few exceptions like DeepOnion, but that's very very rare case.

I usually don't look much at the tokens but it is wise to investigate well about a token before you invest anything. And if you are getting free coins through airdrop, it is wise to sell it off at the first place while buyers are available in the market. Because later it may have no value.
how about the coin who can be mint ? it's a problem or not, will the coin survive for a long term ?

but afaik after i(we) got paid from airdrop they just sell it,  why ? because it's free then we can get our money from it, do you need money ? so do i. But they are not thinking before they can claim over then they get(by hold then sold in top price). Money, Money, and Money..
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

In most cases as far as I have seen, people who receive airdropped coins simply sell them on exchanges causing a massive dump just after being listed on the exchanges. However if you are going to participate in any airdrop be on guard for phishing links and social engineering scams.

Though there are many legit airdrops as well so not all are scams. But there have been some recent coins with e-prefixes which are simply pump and dump schemes. Those who became greedy for free cash joined them and made some money from selling. However potential investors who bought the coin are now in loss. So its totally your discretion about how to deal with airdrops. I personally stay away from them unless the developers are legit and real.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
Airdrop like rain, scattered everywhere.
everyone is hunting coins, hard to predict.
I always sell it right away, it is the best way to earn money quickly. there is no reason to hold a coin that has no future.

I a gree with you, i always sell it too, without risk and earn money quickly, but sometimes we must have a strategy to hold the coin or sell it quickly.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
There are two different kind of scenarios on when is the right time to sell an ICO token.

1. If obtained through bounty, airdrop or premine and no ICO. Then, it is wisely suggested to sell them earlier once they hit thru exchanges. I usually sell them at the price that I feel but not thru the 1st exchange site. Maybe, wait for it to hit around 2 to 3 exchange site. This may happen in the span of around 3 to 6 months.

2. If you bought an ICO, then they are worth for long-term investment but with risks. They are times that a short-term ICO may succeed compared to long ones due to the projects hype. I usually monitor the price of the ICO's that I bought same w/ the span of #1. Not directly selling it but studying the chart first. Once I feel it or conclude that the price may rise up for a few more months then I just hold them until the price is right for me.

After all, investing in an ICO have some risks. Some tokens, with or without investors may rise and fall depends on its project roadmap and people backing.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
Airdrop like rain, scattered everywhere.
everyone is hunting coins, hard to predict.
I always sell it right away, it is the best way to earn money quickly. there is no reason to hold a coin that has no future.
Activity: 406

That depends on the token actually. If the token in only obtained through airdrop and not through ICO, that means the coin may have a very little value in the market. Because it is available for free of cost so why would people pay a price for obtaining it? That will become a pump and dump scenario. Even though we have few exceptions like DeepOnion, but that's very very rare case.

I usually don't look much at the tokens but it is wise to investigate well about a token before you invest anything. And if you are getting free coins through airdrop, it is wise to sell it off at the first place while buyers are available in the market. Because later it may have no value.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282

Pages:
Jump to: