Pages:
Author

Topic: Alernative power generation for mining. - page 2. (Read 495 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 107
The use of solar panels is not yet rational for mining. Too much money. You need a lot of sun hours in your region. Low profitability of mining. I can't say anything about hydrogen energy.

True. However, it would be nice to come fu circle in the crypto world - use blockchain energy project as means of using energy to mine cryptocurrency Smiley

I think this is very likely to happen in the future.
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
I think hydro power is the cheapest.  If you can find a cheap hydro dam, buy it to mine btc.
LOL
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 2073
The use of solar panels is not yet rational for mining. Too much money. You need a lot of sun hours in your region. Low profitability of mining. I can't say anything about hydrogen energy.
Activity: 588
Merit: 335
Steady State Finance
I haven't heard about hydrogen power that you said as electricity alternative. Solar panels were good enough for handling mining power needs. But there were few conditions related that need to be a consideration. e.g., the weather that will affect how much power can produce. So, you must be double your solar panel from how much energy that needs, but it will cost you more.

The good thing about this alternate energy
While you aren't in mining again, you still can use that for supplying another electricity needs.
Activity: 364
Merit: 4
Has anyone considered hydrogen power? I've seen videos of people producing allot of energy from a small amount using recycled water and powder of a metal, sorry, can't remember which one. If anything are there solar panels sufficient enough to maintain a profitable mining setup?
Pages:
Jump to: