Pages:
Author

Topic: All I can think about is Bitcoin. How to get more involved? - page 2. (Read 2426 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
I've been playing poker professionally for about 5 years.  2 years ago i played online poker all day, studied the game, read poker forums, watched televised cash games, and played low stakes home games with friends.  But now the game bores me.  I still play for a living, but I do not have the same passion for the game anymore.

Now my passion is bitcoin.  All i think about all day is bitcoin.  all day im reading bitcointalk, r/bitcoin, #bitcoin tweets, several other sites, and i watch the price all day.

You might want to contact a therapist. This sounds pretty unhealthy.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
I've been playing poker professionally for about 5 years.  2 years ago i played online poker all day, studied the game, read poker forums, watched televised cash games, and played low stakes home games with friends.  But now the game bores me.  I still play for a living, but I do not have the same passion for the game anymore.

Now my passion is bitcoin.  All i think about all day is bitcoin.  all day im reading bitcointalk, r/bitcoin, #bitcoin tweets, several other sites, and i watch the price all day.

I have to get more involved in bitcoin but I dont know what to do.

- i want to mine; since you basically cant buy ASICs, i'm probably going to build a small GPU rig (i know its not very profitable--i dont care, i have to do this)
- i studied math and computer science in college, but i havent coded since i started playing poker.  i have saved up some money and i kinda wanna get back into programming
- i've brainstormed with friends about various bitcoin businesses to start but either the business already exists or theres a good reason it doesnt exist yet or its a project far beyond the scope of my capabilities
- i'm going to start going to local bitcoin meetups
- should i go to Bitcoin Conference in San Jose May 17-19?  I want to go, but I feel like i have nothing to offer

Thanks for any advice!
Pages:
Jump to: