Pages:
Author

Topic: ALL Initial Coin Offerings are Trash - page 8. (Read 22287 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
February 22, 2019, 08:31:31 AM
Not 80%, I would say 90% are trash and scam. That's why I don't give a fuck to the ICO anymore and hope a lot of people are also doing so. ICO has already died just because of those kinds of trash. STO will replace the market soon.
copper member
Activity: 378
Merit: 0
February 22, 2019, 08:29:15 AM
Ico are the major platform through which new funds come into market and new idea energi. But in past many ico proove to be scam which ultimate result in decrease in passion for them. I think promoter have to be sure about product to offer and promote only realistic project. If this trend contone then crypto loose its way of development
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
February 22, 2019, 07:53:50 AM
Op need to go through traditional crowdfunding websites and tell us which past projects from those sites are successful today.
The fact is that few out of the multitude of projects will get funded and some of the funded projects will succeed.

However i think managers should be strict with the kind of project they accept to promote. There should be  standards that must be passed for projects to qualify for public funding.  The standards must not violate the ideals of blockchain. Managers who violate the standard could be tagged.

It should be community driven thing and the whole cryptocurrency community should be pressured to adopt a standard.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
February 22, 2019, 07:47:23 AM
Not all ICOs seem garbage. I personally always support ico. But I'm not all projects that do ico that I support. Only a few that I support for ico. Because I am very interested if we invest in ico and ico, there are many bonuses if we invest. Of course I am very happy and the overall project also affects it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 119
February 22, 2019, 07:43:26 AM
What a pitty that ICOs rather take free money then creating revolutionary platform.
I hope that STOs will be little bit diffrent and there will be less scams.
Activity: 242
Merit: 7
February 22, 2019, 07:41:32 AM
The fact remains that the team of some ICOs are not realistic. They will request for a fund that they know they cannot obtain so they keep on extending their ICO, until they are no more able to get anything again and at the end the see them efface.  Some may tell you, that they have been able to raise millions of dollars, but that the project continues and they want to raise more. This also is being unrealistic.
Some ICO-s expecting unrealistic amounts of money for a trivial task is completely different from all ICO-s being garbage. We already know the former, the latter simply isn't true.
Activity: 546
Merit: 17
February 22, 2019, 07:31:36 AM
All ICO is trash? You need to do very deep research on ICO. Because not all ICOs are garbage, there are many good ICOs that benefit many people, so I think you have to learn more
Activity: 672
Merit: 1
February 22, 2019, 07:07:36 AM
While there are ICOs that have failed I think it will be unfair to categorically say that all of them are scam. They have been sone that did well and are still doing well in the crypto-currency space
Activity: 840
Merit: 3
February 22, 2019, 06:54:31 AM
 i will only agree with you partially, that some  or say most but definitely not ALL ICOs  are TRASH. Although i have not invested in ICO recently but i think the problem we have is that the bad eggs would not let us know the good ones.

there are a few projects who wants others to hold a share in their companies , so the genuinely launch an ICO  to this effect. but investors feel reluctant perhaps due to their previous experiences with Scam ICOs.
Activity: 980
Merit: 109
February 22, 2019, 06:31:00 AM
Yes, unfortunately, there are too many scammers on the ICO market. That is why, first of all, it is necessary to find an alternative to the ICO procedure. Perhaps this alternative will be the STO procedure. We'll see about that.
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
February 22, 2019, 05:30:42 AM
The fact remains that the team of some ICOs are not realistic. They will request for a fund that they know they cannot obtain so they keep on extending their ICO, until they are no more able to get anything again and at the end the see them efface.  Some may tell you, that they have been able to raise millions of dollars, but that the project continues and they want to raise more. This also is being unrealistic.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 259
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 22, 2019, 05:28:15 AM
I can't say all initial Coin offering (ICO) are scam. The fact that we have seen many scam projects as at 2017 does not mean there was no good or successful ico throughout this period. We only experienced the bad eggs who only made the good eggs look bad
I strongly agree with your statement because I see some ICOs that are successful and have good developments, the prices will not fall badly, usually prices will fall because of the influence of participants in the bounty campaign that sells tokens obtained and from the influence of the fall in the price of bitcoin. so it's true not all ICO scams.
Activity: 544
Merit: 1
February 22, 2019, 04:53:39 AM
I can't say all initial Coin offering (ICO) are scam. The fact that we have seen many scam projects as at 2017 does not mean there was no good or successful ico throughout this period. We only experienced the bad eggs who only made the good eggs look bad
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
February 22, 2019, 04:06:13 AM
Not all of them and presently all ICO is affected by the current market condition so let's not judge ICO ,its all about the funding and if target is not meet then there will be problem to continue with the project ,I think it will be better if we see some kind of solution that will make ICO stay alive even in the baddest market condition but that dream seems impossible for now
Activity: 1330
Merit: 248
February 22, 2019, 04:04:39 AM
I don't think this is right to say that all initial Coin Offerings are trash, for me, there are still ICO's that is respected and has a reputation. If you think all ICO's are trust then it is up to you whether you did not want to trust and join to their ICO.
Activity: 812
Merit: 310
February 22, 2019, 03:43:47 AM
There's a lot of posts in this section "ICOs will come back", "Some ICOs are scams", "Should I do ICOs". These all contain the implication that Initial Coin Offerings are fine and dandy.

What type of information do you need to know that Initial Coin Offerings are trash the majority of the time? 80% of ICOs in 2017 were scams. To put that into respective, that's 4 out of every 5. The odds are terrible. Going by the rules of probability, you're going to be apart of the four of five. Why wouldn't you be?

The ideas I've seen with Initial Coin Offerings are just as bad. Why do these companies need $80 million in the first place? Let's be realistic, most things don't need to be on the blockchain. Satoshi didn't need to do an Initial Coin Offering to make Bitcoin into a bustling success. He started off putting in his own money. What do ICOs actually have to bring to the table?

The people that are making these threads with a positive implication are probably apart of the scams, or they're risking their money with the odds stacked entirely against them.

It's possible to have original ideas offered for free. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin. Some people are simply blinded by their greed and short-term to try speculate on the worthless. No wonder bubbles are so rampant within this ecosystem.

Resources:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams
I disagree with what you were saying, Not all of the new project were scam as you said. There are projects that really worth to make an investment on, and what matter would be the time of investment, if it's today mostlikely the price is so much low, but at the same time it could also be used as an opportunity for a greater future.
copper member
Activity: 234
Merit: 0
February 22, 2019, 02:09:41 AM
Arriving at a conclusion that all ICO is a scam is not actually right because in the midst of the fake ones there are still the good ones even though they might be few in number compared to the fake. ICOs have paid me well before, condemning them is not the solution as I believe cryptocurrency works hand in hand with ICOs. It is left for us as investors to do our research diligently before investing so as not to fall into the hands of scammers in the name of ICO.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
February 22, 2019, 01:37:57 AM
We should not blame complete altcoins, there are many potential coin are making fortune in the market. Some fake ICO makes people to think in negative way, that's why many people are suggesting invest in coin after crowdsale because we can follow their ability and team work then the coin price will start increasing.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
February 22, 2019, 01:32:22 AM
Shockingly this is the situation all ICO tricks even great tasks regularly end up being horrible. Maybe putting resources into ICO now can be called a standout amongst the most questionable speculations.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
February 22, 2019, 01:26:20 AM
You might have your reasons for saying all ICOs are trash , but i do not agree with it, fine and good, we can say some ICOs are scam, no doubt, but there are certainly some ICOs you wish you did not miss. There are some with very good use case and at the exchange ,they do well. Not all fall in the trash group
It can be said that it is very difficult to choose the right ICO to participate in their bounty campaign. As in all times, there are still good ICO projects, but now is a very difficult time for both ICO projects and for bounty hunters. Moreover, the absence of any regulation of this activity complicates the situation. The ICO teams are now in many cases trying to change the ICO format, the essential conditions for its implementation, impose their KYC checks, which are sometimes simply impossible to pass or often turn out to be fraudsters. Therefore, we have a choice - either to try to choose a suitable ICO project, or for now wait this difficult time.
Pages:
Jump to: