Pages:
Author

Topic: All The Crap that GAW Has Been Doing [CENSORING INFORMATION AND LYING] - page 3. (Read 5131 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
What is in discussion though is if it was a scam. If indeed it IS a scam. And, as "charged" here, the continuation of a series of scams in a ponzi scheme.

I've followed the whole process closely since I do have significant funds involved. Believe me when I say how unhappy I am with the way this has played out.

The lies, broken promises, avoiding questions/answers, censorship, bannings, hype, and dangling carrots from Gaw was enough for me. How can anyone say this is an above board operation defeats logic.

Please don't tell me there were no lies, broken promises, etc. Everything is well documented and available for public consumption.  

Because of this, Paycoin succeeding with merchant adoption and world wide acceptance is highly unlikely.  I think you know it and Gaw knows it. What is your exit plan?

My exit plan, since you seem concerned about it, is, obviously, to apply for my $3400 as soon as possible (the $20 per 1 XPY guaranteed in the Honor Program). If that is indeed honored, as I expect it to be, I will make a little bit of money on the thing AND I may reinvest part of it.

I haven't followed the GAW miners story, so I don't know about lies or promises broken there. What I know because I have read some of them, is that many satisfied customers praise the service they have gotten from them over a long period of time. Censorship, bannings and hype... it goes with the territory, doesn't it? I mean I personally detest the two former ones (there's no one, anywhere, which is more against censorship in ANY instance and for ANY excuse, than me. I have long established than whoever censors -or uses a "self-moderated" thread- does so only for one reason: He has something to hide, so there are no two ways about how I feel about those...).  That said, by the sheer nature of this project, the volume of posters asking question and repeated ones at that, would make it impossible to even remotely handle it in a satisfying manner for all involved. He, Garza, has the blog which is or should be more than enough. That he posts sometimes in that hash place, is simple a concession that he should probably stop for good. As for hype, for lack of a better word, is both inevitable and -in my book- good... when it is REASONED.
Loud mouth Josh Garza hyped PayCoin way above what was reasonable and reasoned. That, together with horrendous timing -debacle of BTC price-, put him and his project in the shambles it is now... together with opening his mouth about a bunch of things that he should have kept quiet about.

All that said, with a bit of help from the BTC market -first rebound was strong but now is going back down significantly again- and if he really has the money everyone assumes he has from the sale of PayCoin, he can easily buy back his credibility by carrying out the Honor Program for months without spending a single additional penny. I believe he will be compelled to do so. It just makes good business sense for it will allow plenty of time for a potential big rebound of the price of BTC, on one side, and for a rebound of the price of PayCoin itself when he can demonstrate that he's honoring his warranty, so it makes sense to me that he will do exactly that for at leas 6 months or more. And that in crypto is decades. In which anything can happen and all shorts of things WILL indeed happen.

I also seem to recall he, Garza, admits to trade heavily in BTC. If so, he surely made quite a mint riding the rebound from mid 160s to 310 recently and may be reading the moolah to do it again soon, if he is not already accumulating BTC in this retract from 310 -already a 25% haircut-. So there are many ways for him to make a lot of money even if PayCoin itself proves to be unsuccessful... which is far from a foregone conclusion.

And we haven even talked about PayBase yet...
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
Why buy ICO when you can buy HUGE PERCENTAGES of PayCon for nothing!?!?

No ICO, No plans and No rules, in PayCon everything you do or say is accepted. PayCon promises nothing and delivers on everything.

The most innovative Coin you will ever come across, with 100% support by the community and built for less than 1 BTC

https://c-cex.com/?p=con-btc

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anncon-paycon-hi-pos-litestake-multisend-tor-android-937480

legendary
Activity: 1090
What is in discussion though is if it was a scam. If indeed it IS a scam. And, as "charged" here, the continuation of a series of scams in a ponzi scheme.

I've followed the whole process closely since I do have significant funds involved. Believe me when I say how unhappy I am with the way this has played out.

The lies, broken promises, avoiding questions/answers, censorship, bannings, hype, and dangling carrots from Gaw was enough for me. How can anyone say this is an above board operation defeats logic.

Please don't tell me there were no lies, broken promises, etc. Everything is well documented and available for public consumption.  

Because of this, Paycoin succeeding with merchant adoption and world wide acceptance is highly unlikely.  I think you know it and Gaw knows it. What is your exit plan?
Activity: 806
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Hey barabbas,

If you cashed out today how much money will you have made from the wonderful GAW?

Since you seem so interested, in spite of the fact that I have already told you my investment in XPY is very modest and I have traded, for profit, a few times already, I guess you would be interested in specifics. OK, my total investment is 2.5 BTC approximately. At the moment, after those trades I mentioned before, I own 170 XPY.

I hope this knowledge brings you a lot of satisfaction, which would be as inexplicable as your very vocal crusade against a project in which you have no financial interest whatsoever, as per your own words.

Anything to make you happy...

So currently about 40% down, I guess you need to see .015 to break even. Do you really think it will get there?

As you say, I have no financial interest in paycoin at all. A friend tried to convince me it was going to be huge, but the pre-mine was enough for me to smell a rat so I held back. He kept on telling me how this was going to change the world with wall street investment, credit card payments etc etc. I'm enjoying ridiculing his judgement at the moment but he continues to remain absolutely convinced that this is the best thing ever to happen and what a great investment it is. Can't even entertain the possibility that this is a scam. Sounds a bit vindictive but he really needs to wake up and smell the coffee as while he's lost a year's savings on this his wife is out working supporting them both.

So yes, I don't have a financial interest, but I do have an interest.

legendary
Hey barabbas,

If you cashed out today how much money will you have made from the wonderful GAW?

Since you seem so interested, in spite of the fact that I have already told you my investment in XPY is very modest and I have traded, for profit, a few times already, I guess you would be interested in specifics. OK, my total investment is 2.5 BTC approximately. At the moment, after those trades I mentioned before, I own 170 XPY.

I hope this knowledge brings you a lot of satisfaction, which would be as inexplicable as your very vocal crusade against a project in which you have no financial interest whatsoever, as per your own words.

Anything to make you happy...
legendary
Sorry but no, only about half a dozen people, all of them self-confessed not investors in GAW, either on the hardware, hashlets or Paycoin sides, post here unsubstantiated theories... when not outright falsehoods, like the pretended SEC investigation "reported by a news site". Obviously you do not know what a "news site" even looks like otherwise you would have already know from miles away that that site is nothing but the opposite of "news" AND that the "report" about the pretended "SEC investigation" was a total, fabricated falsehood. Even a pre-schooler would have identified both. Clearly.

And no, the "followers" continue following Garza, not complaining about promises not kept ... or hardware not delivered. Massively.

Trying to build a theory on falsehoods, as you did in this most recent post, not only doesn't work but actually destroys any semblance of credibility you may have attained with your orderly, though unreasonable, conspiracy theory of earlier.

Sorry, much less of a case, even.

AND I am far, far from sure that it is not an elaborate scam, ALL or at least the PayCoin part of it. It could very well be, I don't know. And, as stated above several times, the reason I don't know is because hundreds, if not thousands would have already come forward to protest unfulfilled promises. NONE -invested, that is- has done so. Only a total of about half a dozen -you can count them, including yourself- have done so. AND none of them, by thjeir own admission, has ever done ANY business at all with GAW.

I know it sucks to see an investment doing badly(I still have hashstakers that I will most likely take a bath on). Hang in there bud miracles happen.

You are correct. Lots of theories and conjecture going on but Gaw supplied the ammo.  

Well, these days -months actually, even years- that is the norm (to see an investment doing badly), not the exception. That is not the point though.

And yes, Gaw supplied plenty of ammo with Garza being an obvious big mouth and with a launch plagued by significant problems, some of which should have been foreseen and corrected, no one is arguing that. What is in discussion though is if it was a scam. If indeed it IS a scam. And, as "charged" here, the continuation of a series of scams in a ponzi scheme.

So far those "charges" remain being pure baseless speculation and attempted by one a handful, less than half a dozen, inexplicably vocal and highly motivated individuals, none of which, by their own admission, having ANY financial interest whatsoever in either GAW or PayCoin.
Hey barabbas,

legendary
Sorry but no, only about half a dozen people, all of them self-confessed not investors in GAW, either on the hardware, hashlets or Paycoin sides, post here unsubstantiated theories... when not outright falsehoods, like the pretended SEC investigation "reported by a news site". Obviously you do not know what a "news site" even looks like otherwise you would have already know from miles away that that site is nothing but the opposite of "news" AND that the "report" about the pretended "SEC investigation" was a total, fabricated falsehood. Even a pre-schooler would have identified both. Clearly.

And no, the "followers" continue following Garza, not complaining about promises not kept ... or hardware not delivered. Massively.

Trying to build a theory on falsehoods, as you did in this most recent post, not only doesn't work but actually destroys any semblance of credibility you may have attained with your orderly, though unreasonable, conspiracy theory of earlier.

AND I am far, far from sure that it is not an elaborate scam, ALL or at least the PayCoin part of it. It could very well be, I don't know. And, as stated above several times, the reason I don't know is because hundreds, if not thousands would have already come forward to protest unfulfilled promises. NONE -invested, that is- has done so. Only a total of about half a dozen -you can count them, including yourself- have done so. AND none of them, by thjeir own admission, has ever done ANY business at all with GAW.

I know it sucks to see an investment doing badly(I still have hashstakers that I will most likely take a bath on). Hang in there bud miracles happen.

You are correct. Lots of theories and conjecture going on but Gaw supplied the ammo.  
legendary
Sorry but no, only about half a dozen people, all of them self-confessed not investors in GAW, either on the hardware, hashlets or Paycoin sides, post here unsubstantiated theories... when not outright falsehoods, like the pretended SEC investigation "reported by a news site".

So the "news site" is one of the "half a dozen people" you're talking about?

Since you admit that multiple websites are accusing GAW of being a scam, are you saying that the "half a dozen people" all have their own websites?

Or are you just full of shit?

That must be a hard case of wishful thinking, because I haven't stated such a thing... NOR actually exist "multiple websites" of any kind that have intended such purpose. Only a pretended "news site" -your definition, and none else, of course- has published a clumsy, obviously fake "report" about the "SEC investigation". Puerile to the point it wouldn't pass the scrutiny of a 5 year old kid... which seems to me it's about your mental age.
legendary
That tells me they are rather satisfied customers. Not only that: Satisfied customers ready and willing to follow Garza and his projects by bringing in more money to invest. And yet, at this point, with the price of PayCoin in the gutter, they still, massively, support and believe in anything Garza says... ALL of them, not just a few, not even just a majority but ALL of them... while the only ones describing scam in all shorts of speculative ways, are just a half dozen guys who, by their own admission, never bought anything from GAW nor invested in Paycoin.

Lots more than half a dozen guys. Gethashing shows a lot of long time members and investors who were banned or shadow banned for asking questions and showing displeasure at hashtalk.

http://forum.gethashing.com/t/xpy-paycoin-discussion/90

I just took a look at that link you posted: NOT A SINGLE POST, not one, claiming it is a scam (GAW). Not a single one, not one, "exposing" unfulfilled promises regarding delivery of hardware. Not a single post, not one complaining about small payouts of hashlets. Not one. And those are supposed to be guys banned or shadowbanned of whatever you want to call it, from the main.

Again, it seems to me like the best possible endorsement of GAW's activities... not to mention full support for PayCoin.

But please, everyone comes here to BTCT, everyone in crypto. Why don't you start a list of people that can prove they have had wronged deals with GAW?

That way we could count them in exact numbers... and uh, ah, the ones, no matter how vocal, who only have theories about scams, well those do not count for now, ok?
Activity: 518
Sorry but no, only about half a dozen people, all of them self-confessed not investors in GAW, either on the hardware, hashlets or Paycoin sides, post here unsubstantiated theories... when not outright falsehoods, like the pretended SEC investigation "reported by a news site".

So the "news site" is one of the "half a dozen people" you're talking about?

Since you admit that multiple websites are accusing GAW of being a scam, are you saying that the "half a dozen people" all have their own websites?

Or are you just full of shit?

Add in Coindesk, Cointelegraph, Altcointoday, Bitcointradingroom, Shapeshift.io, Dogecoin devs, Blackcoin devs, Neoscoin devs, and the Litecoin Developers, and I think "even a preschooler" can tell that your half a dozen people is a bullshit number.
legendary

legendary
That tells me they are rather satisfied customers. Not only that: Satisfied customers ready and willing to follow Garza and his projects by bringing in more money to invest. And yet, at this point, with the price of PayCoin in the gutter, they still, massively, support and believe in anything Garza says... ALL of them, not just a few, not even just a majority but ALL of them... while the only ones describing scam in all shorts of speculative ways, are just a half dozen guys who, by their own admission, never bought anything from GAW nor invested in Paycoin.

Lots more than half a dozen guys. Gethashing shows a lot of long time members and investors who were banned or shadow banned for asking questions and showing displeasure at hashtalk.

http://forum.gethashing.com/t/xpy-paycoin-discussion/90

First and foremost, all that I read negative to Gaw, Garza or Paycoin, comes from a few individuals, you included.
by now we would have quite a few quite angry people being quite vocal everywhere about the "scam", don't you think?

So you're saying you would believe it, if people were quite vocal about it, but you don't believe the people who have been vocal about it.

Even if they were convinced that non-existent hashlets would cover their investment, many of them would protest
... and yet, I can't find anyone protesting angrily.

Other than the "few individuals", you mean?  Or maybe you just don't pay attention.

they still, massively, support and believe in anything Garza says... ALL of them, not just a few, not even just a majority but ALL of them

ALL of them?  There are plenty of them here who are not satisfied.

the FACT that you don't have any facts but speculation

Look at the pictures I posted.  

Look at the price of Paycoin.

Look at all the people who say their "guaranteed profitable" Hashlets are paying 1 satoshi per day.

if your speculation was even remotely close to the truth, the clamor would be of humongous proportions and Garza would be forced to come up with much faster solutions to his troubles... or become a fugitive of the American justice.

You mean, there would be people boycotting Garza's appearance at the Miami Bitcoin conference, and Garza would be forced to change his planned speaking appearance?

Or do you mean that a crypto news site would report that the SEC is investigating GAW for illegal activity?

Where are all those unsatisfied customers that have been giving GAW thousands upon thousands of dollars, for many months, more than a year, without having ANYTHING AT ALL to show for it?

Where are they?  Some of them are still at hashtalk, being censored, and some of them come here to hype their investment even though they know it's a scam.

Without those, and in significant numbers, sorry but you have no case.

Hmm, If you read the cult following on hashtalk you'd think Josh could walk on water. But for a dose of reality look at the share price.

Mind you, some people think that 911 was all made up as well.

Only people promoting paycoin are people who would gain from it. Presume you're one of them?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Gaw never intended Paycoin to succeed. It is a well executed exit plan.

There are questions about the existence of Gaw mining farms in the first place.

I knew these guys were crooks when I saw their hilariously bad photoshop image of their mining "warehouse".

legendary
I do believe GAW started out good but got greedy. I hope they deliver. If not it (paycoin) will be another altcoin in the trash heap.

They started good but BTC price drop caught them with their pants down

No, they did not start out good, from everything I've read.

They started out taking orders for mining hardware they didn't have, and my understanding is that they just took the money, bought Zeus miners (maybe mined with them a while before shipping), then shipped some of those Zeus miners to people and called them GAW miners.

But then they kept taking orders for hardware and stopped shipping hardware.  After people waited a few months to receive the hardware they had already paid for, GAW eventually told them "You're not getting any hardware, but you can have these imaginary hashlets instead."

But the hashlets didn't exist, it was a ponzi scheme where they paid out a little bit at a time to make people think they were earning money.  But it was just "Give me $3,000 and I'll give you back a few dollars a day of your own money".

So it couldn't last forever;  eventually the money would run out...unless they could convince everyone to "convert" their hashlets into Hashcoins, Paycoins, HashStakers, and other made-up b.s. that GAW can create out of thin air. 

So GAW kept the dollars, GAW kept the bitcoins, and they made up a new worthless money to give people instead.  And people accepted it, based on false promises such as "guaranteed $20 price" and "XPY debit card" and "major retailer acceptance" and "Paybase services" and things like that.  You know, basically fraud.

So at what point was it a legitimate business of any kind?  Wasn't it all a scam from the start, which just kept morphing into different kinds of scams?

If any of my facts are incorrect, please tell us what really happened.

I wouldn't know if your "facts" are correct or not for the simple reason there aren't any in your post... And, mind you, I don't say this as a bad thing -as you will find out below-, but as a matter of simple FACT. What you do is SPECULATE -and quite orderly so- and elaborate on what you believe to have been a scam, or ponzi scheme, from the get go... which is quite possible.

There are a few things that don't check out though, not completely. First and foremost, all that I read negative to Gaw, Garza or Paycoin, comes from a few individuals, you included. Less than half a dozen, who post basically the same theories here in BTCT. One would reasonably expect that if people has been giving big amounts of money, thousands at a time, to Gaw over many months if not more than a year and getting nothing or almost nothing in return, by now we would have quite a few quite angry people being quite vocal everywhere about the "scam", don't you think?

And oh yes I know only too well the kid of mass blindness that can occur in crypto when greedy, deluded people act -or stay silent- because they believe that bringing up the truth will cause them to lose more money, meaning sinking Paycoin even lower. I still believe that out of hundreds if not thousands of people, you would find at least a few dozens of unsatisfied customers\... to put it mildly. Where are those? Don't you think that if a lot of people who bought miners wouldn't have received the hardware at all, they would come forward and say so? Even if they were convinced that non-existent hashlets would cover their investment, many of them would protest EVEN IF THE SCHEME was true and favored them in the short and the long run. Miners are very peculiar people: They want their hardware. They want to touch it. They want to worship it. They want to warm their garages with it. They want to break up with their living companions because of it. They want to jerk off near them... and yet, I can't find anyone protesting angrily. That tells me they are rather satisfied customers. Not only that: Satisfied customers ready and willing to follow Garza and his projects by bringing in more money to invest. And yet, at this point, with the price of PayCoin in the gutter, they still, massively, support and believe in anything Garza says... ALL of them, not just a few, not even just a majority but ALL of them... while the only ones describing scam in all shorts of speculative ways, are just a half dozen guys who, by their own admission, never bought anything from GAW nor invested in Paycoin. I'm sure you see my problem with your scenario...

And, like I said above, the FACT that you don't have any facts but speculation, is NOT something that will put me off at all. As I have explained, I am quite familiar with the kind of amoral, greedy blindness infecting ALL of crypto that would silence quite a bit of the vast majority, regardless. If you read my THE WALL OF SHAME, you'll see that I fully support reasoned speculation to counter the shameful activities of so many in Cryptoland and try to protect the naive and/or new to digital currencies. But, as mentioned above, the reasoning in your speculation is flawed in my view. In other words: By this time, if your speculation was even remotely close to the truth, the clamor would be of humongous proportions and Garza would be forced to come up with much faster solutions to his troubles... or become a fugitive of the American justice. He's not even close to that at this point. So the question, again, remains: Where are all those unsatisfied customers that have been giving GAW thousands upon thousands of dollars, for many months, more than a year, without having ANYTHING AT ALL to show for it?

Without those, and in significant numbers, sorry but you have no case.

No, they did not start out good, from everything I've read.

They started out taking orders for mining hardware they didn't have, and my understanding is that they just took the money, bought Zeus miners (maybe mined with them a while before shipping), then shipped some of those Zeus miners to people and called them GAW miners.

Where did you read that? Their hardware based on zeus chips was custom painted and also tweaked because it had slightly different parameters. This means they ordered it and had it made before selling to customers. The only miner they did not have and you had to pre-order was vaultbreaker.

Out of all the people who ordered hardware, how many of them ever received the hardware?

For the people who did receive hardware, how many months did they have to wait before they received it?

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The Buck Stops Here.
It's stupidly simple: If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Premises of Paycoin: buy one at less than $20 and receive $20 later for one guaranteed! <-- read first sentence.
Pages:
Jump to: