Pages:
Author

Topic: Allow newbies with merit to post images - page 2. (Read 415 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
September 08, 2020, 08:44:09 AM
I always side for freedom and have equal opportunity but to be honest most of the newbies are spammers without any clue. Someone who is serious can easily wait for them to be a Jr. member. The example you brought are some exceptions only. I, too, hate to see images by clicking on the links but I guess that's a collateral damage we have to accept.

By the way, although it does not make sense for a forum member to buy copper membership unless they have any business but one can always buy a copper membership to allow themselves to post an image.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
September 08, 2020, 08:31:06 AM
Merit is a partial requirement beside activity. Both are equally important.
Newbie was disallowed to post image because of abuse, I think people with 1 received merit can still abuse it since receiving 1 merit is quite easy. And having more than 28 activity doesn't take much time too.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653
Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ
September 08, 2020, 08:17:15 AM
Due to abuse, newbie-posted embedded images are now disabled on these pages:
- Topic display
- Recent posts / patrol
- Previews
They're not currently hidden in PMs or on some other pages (like a user's "show posts" page), though I might change that later if it seems necessary.

Disabled images get transformed into links automatically. When the poster becomes a Jr member, the images that he tried to post previously will automatically be re-enabled (though there might be a few minutes of delay).

This extends to all past posts as well as future ones.

The restriction on posting images creates a lot of inconvenience not just for newbies who posting quality content, but also for other Bitcointalk members who cannot immediately see pictures from newbies on the forum.

If a newbie received at least 1 merit, then I suppose the probability that s/he is a spammer is low. Therefore, I believe that it is necessary to remove the Activity requirement, so that any user who received at least 1 merit could freely publish pictures.

Below are several examples when newbies with merit were unable to post images due to their low activity:
#msg52979733
#msg53004703
#msg53059918
#msg18130760
Pages:
Jump to: