Pages:
Author

Topic: Almost Lost Bitcoins Recovered - Forgotten Wallet Details - page 2. (Read 223 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1735
Crypto Swap Exchange
Kind of unsafe to hand over all your wallet details to a complete stranger.  She was probably so helpless she thought this was the only option however.

Sounds like they bruteforced the wallet identifier's missing characers and found the proper combination.  I reckon there are a few reputable members of the forum known for helping with wallet recovery.  When it becomes the last resort, it may be the only hope to get back your funds but they are always under danger as soon as your wallet details are shared.

Had I ever been in Rhonda's situation, I would have tried all possible methods including bruteforcing all by myself before even contemplating handing out my wallet details to a stranger, let alone over the Internet.  Ad for CTH or not, way too few users have the proper education to safely share very sensitive information, even to a trusted party, over the Internet.

Keep your darn seed safe and avoid this mess at all costs.

-
Regards,
PrivacyG
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
They had something to work on unlike those that were truly lost including the login information and credentials, it's impressive but not groundbreaking. Good for Rhonda to be able to get those bitcoins back, that amount of money that she's got is a life changing amount and she immediately secured her daughter's future, hope that she wouldn't have anymore incident involving lost bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Women named Rhonda have 6 units of bitcoin back in the year 2013. She had bought them knowing it through a radio talk show. While she was buying the price was $80 and she had used it for some time and forgot it until 2017. When the price of bitcoin increased reaching around $20000 she got excited and started finding her holdings on the computer.

She had lost her login information, she had got her password printed on a paper, but some letters on the wallet identifier is missing. She had tried for months and finally gave up.

Once again during the last year's rise of above $50k she got into getting back her bitcoins. Finally explored how can it be recovered on internet. Here she had found a father and son named Chris and Charlie Brooks who claimed to be “crypto treasure hunters." After having conversation with those guys she had handed every details about the wallet. Everything has been done through the video call and her bitcoins were back. Her wallet had got $175000 in bitcoin and she had paid Chris and Charlie 20% and $10000 for her daughter Megan. Have kept the rest on a secure hardware wallet.

I don't know how far this is true or is this a way of promoting Crypto Treasure Hunters, but this is really a happy moment for Rhonda getting back her bitcoins after nine years.

Source : Woman Named Rhonda Got Her Lost Bitcoins Back
Pages:
Jump to: