Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpen Coin - “Switzerland’s first ever physical bitcoin” - page 15. (Read 6324 times)

Activity: 627
Merit: 208
Belgian based crypto-enthusiast
perhaps - I spoke with the guy over there by the name of Frank and he was really surprised to see interest stemming from outside of Switzerland and stated he was not aware their site had been posted here on bitcoin talk.org - their original intent was to develop a website for their friends and family so they could buy them and have access to their public key and funding verification.

He stated they will be working on adding an English version to the site and also stated that the coins are very much a "work in progress" still and admits that they have not loaded a lot of coins yet and their intent is to keep them as affordable as possible.

If I get more from them, I will share it.

Thanks for this info! Makes it more interesting!  Grin

I've bought myself some
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
I was not lucky enough to get free coins - I had to pay for mine, so I am hoping they are genuine and of good craftsmanship/quality.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1752
there are some within that first 80 serial numbers that have been redeemed within minutes of their initial loading. Some then reloaded again and then redeemed again as well.

Probably test coins. Gotta make sure the whole funding thing works, I suppose.

Regards,
Chris

perhaps - I spoke with the guy over there by the name of Frank and he was really surprised to see interest stemming from outside of Switzerland and stated he was not aware their site had been posted here on bitcoin talk.org - their original intent was to develop a website for their friends and family so they could buy them and have access to their public key and funding verification.

He stated they will be working on adding an English version to the site and also stated that the coins are very much a "work in progress" still and admits that they have not loaded a lot of coins yet and their intent is to keep them as affordable as possible.

I have a sample or two coming to me.  I will test including peeling and redeeming when they arrive.  I do not know much about Alpen Coin other than they (Frank of Alpen Coin) contacted me on the Instagram and offered to send me a coin.  They did not ask me to do a review or anything in return however I will post a review here once I have had a look.
legendary
there are some within that first 80 serial numbers that have been redeemed within minutes of their initial loading. Some then reloaded again and then redeemed again as well.

Regards,
Chris

legendary
Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203
BitcoinPenny.com

Regards,
Chris
copper member
Activity: 527
Merit: 31
Ordered a few will report back once I have received them.thanks for the heads up guys!
legendary
they have a portion of the page where you can search your serial number to get the public key - it stops at 80 - not sure if that means they have only loaded 80 coins to date or they just have not updated their database past 80 coins.

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
Can i pay you to order me some lol i could not make it through the checkout

I got you brother. Shoot me a DM on how many you want.
legendary

sure. i had to pay with cash so had to convert btc out to fiat. how many are you wanting?
copper member
Activity: 1211
Merit: 250
legendary
nice! I ordered some.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
Thought I’d share this coin that was recently brought to my attention by the makers of Alpen Coin. They appear to be a Swiss based outfit who’s made this first physical Bitcoin (coin) there.

Coins are funded with .0005BTC

I do not know much else about these. I was told they are going to send me a few coins, and will post pics / a “review” when in hand.

https://www.alpencoin.ch/
Pages:
Jump to: