Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoin Discussion section needs some adjustment - page 2. (Read 390 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
1. Enable self-moderation for all topics there- by default (With a notification of the rules and probable punishment.).
2. Create a set of rules for topic creator- must have to delete the spam within a certain time, must have to lock the topic after enough discussion.
3. If topic creator don't follow the rules, a temporary ban will be given.
I don't agree with these suggestions.
The forum has some moderators and they are responsible for deleting spams and useless posts. Users should report the posts and the final decision should be made by moderators.  
There are many topics created every day and each of them has its own creator. If topic posters are responsible for deleting posts, there would be a different behavior for each of threads, In my opinion all the threads should be treated similar to each others.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Fighting spam by regular forum users should be a voluntary action and not been enforced by the forum on its members. It won't be a fair punishment if I get temporary banned for not doing a job I didn't bargain for in the first place considering I didn't intentionally make my thread self moderated. Your suggestion might lead to a misused of the  self moderation feature since most newbies will be force to use a system they don't understand which might lead to them deleting replies just because they don't agree to it.

Here's a suggestion, from my observations moderators don't move around the forum hunting for spam instead they work on the cases been reported so how about the forum appointing dedicated spam busters to surf around the forum to report spams then moderators handle the report or give the spam busters direct control to delete the spams themselves.

It won't be hard to find users who're capable of doing this, since their report record is quite enough qualification to give them an appointment, now the payment might just serve as an encouraged to continue their impressing duties in spam bursting.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
Making every threads as self moderated will not change anything and I am not sure how someone can consider it as spam with in self moderator thread which will be working on their own set of rules.

So I guess increasing the moderators for that board might help and this could be the only possible solution to control the spam in altcoin board.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
We all know what's going on there. Repetitive spam, zero value post, low quality etc. This section has been a mess for the actual interested person. I had created a topic with self moderation and I'm now deleting some post which I think was a spam shit post.

What can be done?
I have thought a lot on this, couldn't find a good solution to be adjusted. I found an option which might help the garbage to be removed and have a little better discussion.

1. Enable self-moderation for all topics there- by default (With a notification of the rules and probable punishment.).
2. Create a set of rules for topic creator- must have to delete the spam within a certain time, must have to lock the topic after enough discussion.
3. If topic creator don't follow the rules, a temporary ban will be given. Edited Or some sort of punishment like- topic creator will lose the eligibility of creating new topic for a certain period.

I don't know how much effective it will be but I guess it will create a better place.
Please share you opinion, what else can be done which have not been suggested before. We must have to get out of that tons of mess garbage posts.
Pages:
Jump to: