Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoins are not independent! - page 2. (Read 534 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 11
August 05, 2018, 10:53:44 PM
I agree with your analogy. All altcoins are of course are obviously dependent with bitcoin that is why every time the btc goes down all other altcoins would go dip as well. Also I believed that crypto markets are being manipulated by those people who has huge holdings of different assets. I guess it is better if all the exchange platform would require minimun trade just like with idex so that it could lessen the manipulation of trades by those people who would want to just play with the crypto price.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
August 05, 2018, 10:42:59 PM
They are not independent, there is a connection with bitcoin, so this is associated with altcoin that when there is pumping up in bitcoin, there will be low in price for altcoin... Though not only bitcoin affect altcoin.
Activity: 291
August 05, 2018, 10:22:21 PM
My answer is always bitcoin will always beat all. this is due to, “because Bitcoin is king/queen, and the other coins are at best following it.

It is hard to come up with a fundamental algo with which to price coins, so coin prices just follow Bitcoin as a sort of gold standard (“the Bitcoin Standard”).

It is the number one coin, and thus it is the coin that decides the market price in general.

If there is another standard way of changing ALTs to other currencies example to FIAT. it would much less affected to the price of BTC.
Activity: 602
Merit: 258
August 05, 2018, 10:01:26 PM
Of course not, the alternativecoins are independent one, because they are not depending to anyone to be a able to have a lots of investors or traders in this kind of business and industry.
Activity: 140
July 31, 2018, 11:39:56 AM
Altcoin is an alternative to Bitcoin and has the potential to overcome the shortcomings that Bitcoin has not overcome yet. Although there are a lot of Altcoin still trying to surpass Bicoin but no coin do that altcoin has a relationship to support each other.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 165
July 31, 2018, 11:16:44 AM
As BTC grows it sucks the sats from altcoin and once BTC dominance is re-established, sats return back to alts. This has been happening for quite a while.
This is true. In fact, around this same time last year, the market has undergone what some people dubbed as "altcoin season". Whereas interestingly, bitcoin was tanking and the alts are gaining. This is the only time I have seen alts become more detached from the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
July 31, 2018, 11:08:13 AM
How many studying this forum, I see a lot of topics, such as:
"Ethereum is dead?"
"Achieving Etherium$ 15,000 or more this year?"
"The price of Litecoin will reach 400?"
"Why is EOS falling?"And many similar questions.. I want to give an explanation of what is happening... Everyone should understand that individually neither Etherium nor Litecoin, virtually no cryptocurrency will not go against the General mood of the market! That is, where the most important cryptocurrency Bitcoin is sent, all Altcoins follow it. And if now the price of Etherium is 430$, although at the peak reached 1440$, then this does not mean that the Etherium died, and this is primarily due to the fact that Bitcoin at the moment is not worth 20000$, as then, but 6000$. And only Bitcoin begins to come to life, once the entire market is green. I understand that for many this is not news, but I hope this information will be useful to someone...

Altcoins are independent to each other and also with the Bitcoin that's why some altcoin have zero value and the Bitcoin have a higher value like also for example what happen for today that the Bitcoin price hiking up high and the Ethereum and other alt are remains at the bottom, so these means altcoin are independent to Bitcoin .
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Strategist
July 31, 2018, 10:55:50 AM
Yeah, most altcoins are depending on bitcoin. As bitcoin price increases, altcoins follow and that's where the green market appears but also when the bitcoin price decreases so as altcoins. That's why we can't expect some altcoins to increase their prices on their own. It still depends on the bitcoin price.
Activity: 98
July 31, 2018, 10:49:58 AM
"Ethereum is dead?"
"Why is EOS falling?"And many similar questions.. I want to give an explanation of what is happening... Everyone should understand that individually neither Etherium nor Litecoin, virtually no cryptocurrency will not go against the General mood of the market! That is, where the most important cryptocurrency Bitcoin is sent, all Altcoins follow it. And if now the price of Etherium is 430$, although at the peak reached 1440$, then this does not mean that the Etherium died, and this is primarily due to the fact that Bitcoin at the moment is not worth 20000$, as then, but 6000$. And only Bitcoin begins to come to life, once the entire market is green. I understand that for many this is not news, but I hope this information will be useful to someone...

In general, this is correct but not only Bitcoin affects Ethereum. For example, now we see that Bitcoin is more expensive every day and Ether is cheap, although it should be the opposite.
Activity: 307
July 31, 2018, 10:45:21 AM
Yes, you are right. The price of altcoins are dependent on the price of Bitcoin. When the price of Bitcoin falls, the price of other altcoin falls well.

All altcoins depend on a different currency. Everything on the market is interrelated. Most altcoins were created on ERC20 so they depend on eth and create a pair used to trade. Eth creates a pair with btc so it is obvious that it depends on the btc price.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
July 31, 2018, 10:41:13 AM
In situations like this, yes, almost all altcoins are dependent to btc especially that all of them.are traded against BTC. But I remember in the past that there are altcoins who are reversely proportional to btc.
Activity: 87
July 31, 2018, 10:31:37 AM
As BTC grows it sucks the sats from altcoin and once BTC dominance is re-established, sats return back to alts. This has been happening for quite a while.
Activity: 294
July 31, 2018, 10:29:09 AM
I agree, now the market is like this. I think that over time the situation will be better and some altcoins will become independent.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
July 31, 2018, 10:10:45 AM
"Ethereum is dead?"
"Why is EOS falling?"And many similar questions..
Obviously people creating this kind of topics to create attention for the specific coin they are investing and by creating this kind of threads it draws more attention to the public and make them wonder what is going on in this specific coin and trying to encourage them to invest to make the price go up. On the other side some people creating threads like this to create FUDS to lower down the price of the coin to open an opportunity for them to invest. But in reality these markets are dependent on the price of the two major coins in the market, BTC and ETH and all you have to do is mark its price and wait forit to rise up and start gaining from your investment.
Activity: 102
Merit: 1
Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM
July 31, 2018, 09:55:29 AM
And you are totally right because alternative cryptocurrencies depend on Btc and so on. This symbiosis is  a good way to be independent for crypto but these disadvantages are too important.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
July 30, 2018, 04:52:09 AM
This is strange for me. When I started to trade crypto alts were independent and I was able to trade. Now they are going by BTC. Hope we will see normal prices on BTC around 3-4 000 and a normal market as it was before this pump to 20000 usd.
Activity: 275
Merit: 1
July 30, 2018, 03:34:23 AM
I believed that all coins in the market are dependent not on BTC itself but on the factors that affect its value. These factors can be news, fear factor, mutual influence, political factor, etc. These factors greatly affect the value of each coin. So basically its like a domino if one fell then that makes it for all of them.
bce
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
July 30, 2018, 03:20:04 AM
"Ethereum is dead?"

a lot of information or news that continues to circulate and develop bad news and even the most important good news for me is the confidence with the coins that we have of course based on great patience also in the investment
Activity: 27
July 30, 2018, 03:13:10 AM
Altcoins are actually not independent. Think they rely on the btc price action. That's why when the BTC price falls it affects the altcoins too.
Activity: 602
Merit: 258
July 30, 2018, 03:04:46 AM
NO, the company of whose group in alternative coins are independent.
They are not depending on other companies because their management provides operation for the generation of their income.
Pages:
Jump to: