Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoins as long-term investment ? - page 2. (Read 1001 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
September 19, 2017, 11:39:57 AM
I have 50% in BTC, 25% in ETh and the rest in ALT coins. I just purchased Monetha tokens and I am not sure how happy I am about that. My OMG Token investment was great. I always look at the team, slack, vlogg and advisory members. Luckily I have been more successful in my purchases. The most important thing is to not be too hasty with selling and also set goals. I said I am selling my OMG coin if it gets to $12. When it got to $12. I dumped it and did not look back:)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
September 19, 2017, 11:33:23 AM
Right now 99% of my holdings are in BTC, the other 1% ETH.

I´m looking to diversify my portfolio a little, the thing is I´m not a trader, I would like to invest in other crypto with the same mentality I follow when I buy bitcoin, which is basically buy, hodl and forget about them. Are there any altcoins that match this criteria ? Or this mentality applies mostly to bitcoin ? I don´t intent to keep checking prices every day.

I was thinking maybe 70% BTC, and 30% equally divided between LTC, ETH,RIPPLE and others.

Time will tell for sure, many might not be worth it but there are some that will have staggering returns - it might be worth a little speculation depending on your risk tolerance. If you put $1 each into the 50 - 150 list and 5 or 6 of them exploded it could be a nice return, even if you dumped everything else.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
September 19, 2017, 11:28:04 AM
I highly suggest that you invest on altcoins for long term. There are lots of it that has a potential to grow and be well known in the market. I'm currently holding Ripple, Burst, Verge, Basic Attention Token, SiaCoin, Digibyte, Status Network Token and I'm planning to add more altcoins and wait till 2020 or longer to sell it. I'm pretty sure that by that time, they will be much growth on these coins.
Activity: 14
September 19, 2017, 11:27:28 AM
its depends on u. u can hold some good coin for long term. or u may do day trade both r profitable.
Activity: 475
Merit: 251
VTOS
September 19, 2017, 11:06:47 AM
I think there exist altcoins as safe long term investment. But one should research so hard to find. Yes litecoin can be counted as one of those. I think factom too.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
September 19, 2017, 11:04:18 AM
Altcoin is no less favorable than btc. Eth and Xrp are altcoins that i think deserve for long time, they both solid coins and have been tested as altcoins that have good trading volume. No doubt to hold them in proportion to btc.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
September 19, 2017, 10:55:30 AM
I was thinking maybe 70% BTC, and 30% equally divided between LTC, ETH,RIPPLE and others.
i think 80% btc is safe , bitcoin is main crypto . every altcoin use it to trade . 20% is safe , i invest to XRP , ETC .

There are many altcoins which has potential to grow in the longer term as Bitcoin did. Right now I think ETH is having a good future, as lots of new tokens starting their journey on the platform.
Activity: 386
Merit: 100
September 19, 2017, 10:44:54 AM
i think 80% btc is safe , bitcoin is main crypto . every altcoin use it to trade . 20% is safe , i invest to XRP , ETC .
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 19, 2017, 10:39:19 AM
I've been in crypto since 2013, and the only alt that has had genuine long term potential has been Ethereum.

All the others are a flash in the pan - good for short-term trading but that is it. Maybe Monero has a bit of potential because the dark markets are switching to it from bitcoin. But that's about it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 135
September 19, 2017, 10:35:50 AM
Some altcoins are probably worth long term holding and I would say ARK is my top coin right now. I have probably put to much into it at this point but I believe it will reach $5 sometime in the next 6 months or so.  Ensure you put some good long term research in before you jump into an altcoin to ensure you dont buy into a pump and dump.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
September 19, 2017, 10:20:55 AM

I´m looking to diversify my portfolio a little, the thing is I´m not a trader, I would like to invest in other crypto with the same mentality I follow when I buy bitcoin, which is basically buy, hodl and forget about them. Are there any altcoins that match this criteria ? Or this mentality applies mostly to bitcoin ? I don´t intent to keep checking prices every day.

Plenty of altcoins are long term HODL coins.

Some obvious ones are:
WAVES
ARK
OMG

You could go the entirely "safe" route and do LTC & ETH. Ripple I would pass on personally.

Some long term investment "gambles" would be coins like:
MUSIC
FLO
SC
Activity: 18
September 19, 2017, 10:16:33 AM

Pages:
Jump to: