Pages:
Author

Topic: Alternative currency ( paper money ) - page 2. (Read 906 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 265
November 12, 2018, 01:40:30 PM
Why does this give me the impression of play money? Also, if this is going to come to fruition, there will be a lot of people printing their own fake bills. I'd rather stick with bitcoins. At least it's got some value.

Yeah, but bitcoin derives its value from its community, I guess that's whats makes crypto special. Money has evolved from barter, cowries, coins to notes. People still argue that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme and so forth, try paying them with your coins  Grin.

It took a while for paper money to catch on, but unregulated paper money is a stretch. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens at some point in time, and someone manages to hoodwink people. Would it be any different from the tokens all them scammy icos sell? For now the closest to paper money are paper wallets.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
November 12, 2018, 11:55:03 AM
If there was an alternative currency (paper money) unregulated by the Government would you use it?
No. I don't understand how an unregulated paper money could work. Who will have the authority to print the money? How to prevent forgery? Isn't the central authority would be just the same as government?

If I had to choose between this and digitalized fiat, I'd rather choose digital fiat over this. Paper and any other physical money is way too outdated by now.
Activity: 980
Merit: 523
November 12, 2018, 11:31:17 AM
If there was an alternative currency (paper money) unregulated by the Government would you use it?

I wont use it that paper money. We use fiat paper money because we trust on our government. No authorities can issue paper money without approvement from government
As long as it even comes to that, it becomes illegal pretty fast and there is no way government will even allow that.
In that vein, who is controlling it ? Just someone from somewhere who could just get greedy ? No way! The main reason why paper money has been the way it is till date is that the government issued it and anything outside that is even unacceptable.

The reason we are having digital money in place now is because it is accepted by people and unfortunately government were not the ones who came up with the idea in the first place, otherwise, they would have managed to keep it under their own control.
Activity: 150
Merit: 4
November 12, 2018, 10:43:16 AM
A pretty interesting question. To your question, the answer is the current bitcoin. Many people in the world are using and investing in it. However, it is currently not recognized by most countries in the world.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
November 12, 2018, 07:04:35 AM
As long as I can use it and has a value then why not, of course I will use it if it has a value especially if I can use it for shopping. LOL.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
November 12, 2018, 06:20:49 AM
I think there is no such thing as alternative and unregulated paper money and only virtual currencies can be unregulated or decentralized. Any paper money or fiat that not issued by the government would be illegal and government will not even create any alternative money that beyond their control. In the older times, they used gold, silvers, porcelain and other goods in the barter trades because they have values even without government approval.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
November 08, 2018, 01:56:50 AM
I probably would not use it. What makes money "money" is not about whether its printed or electronic its because its being accepted as a medium of exchange and attached value. Remove those from it, its just a worthless piece of paper.

And again, the term government goes beyond an elected body at the national or states level or any constituted authority. A mere coming together of some people to control something is a form of government on its own because they would be deciding for others. As it relates to paper currency, it cannot be unregulated as some people would have to be ensure its printed, its secure, the value does not drop, its relatively scarce, its in various units, it does not leads to inflation and all of that is regulations.

Very funny, even bitcoin with blockchain technology that is very innovative, many people are contra because it has not been regulated. let alone paper money which is an outdated and unregulated payment method? lol. if you want to make it like that, no one will want to use it Pal. because nowadays many developers are competing to create platforms such as fiat wallets for payment methods..
Merit: 100
November 07, 2018, 08:51:18 PM
I think there is no alternative paper money to be use , the only paper money that is being issued by the government is the fiat money. If the government issued any alternative money that is the start of the so called future because that is when money has many sources like cashless and digital payments.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
COVIR.IO
November 07, 2018, 08:32:21 PM

I wont use it that paper money. We use fiat paper money because we trust on our government. No authorities can issue paper money without approvement from government
copper member
Activity: 409
Merit: 1
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
November 07, 2018, 03:50:45 PM
I will not use it, paper currency that is not regulated by the government so it is no more like ordinary paper that has no value.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
November 07, 2018, 03:41:07 PM
Paper money is used only when it is provided with gold or, in general, material assets of a certain state and is guaranteed by this state for the obligatory acceptance on the territory of that state by all institutions and organizations.
What can guarantee paper money, issued by someone unknown and, apparently, not supported by anything? It is unlikely that anyone will accept such papers as money.
Activity: 672
November 07, 2018, 02:55:57 PM
You can use apples as a currency, I pay your tomatoes with apples, then you buy fishes with apples etc. We don't need to get the apples regulated by the government. In the old time, the sugar was the only currency, then gold, then coins, then paper.

Don't forget about salt blocks. It's still being used as currency in some regions of Africa I think.

This is true in some underdeveloped countries as well as in making currency in these countries become irrelevant, and they have to use valuable items as intermediaries in the delivery. Translate. This is really bad, and they should use Crypto or any other solution for these about bad things.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
November 07, 2018, 02:51:45 PM
If there is a certain amount of money that can replace the paper money, the biggest possibility is bitcoin. Because it can now be compared to paper money in the market but for that to happen, there are a lot of adjustments in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
November 07, 2018, 11:37:55 AM
Nope, fiat as it is is crazy easy to launder depending on the country. Unregulated ones will just throw a huge wrench on the current system and just crap on all of us. Besides, the execution of an unregulated paper currency is ridiculous. Monitoring it would be a night mare and imagine distribution of it too?
even if the digital currency is legalized by state, of course what policies will be made by government. especially paper currency, like today, i think it will be difficult to be decentralized, i can't imagine that
I don't think so if that digital money has been already legalized by the state as far as I know still that digital money(crypto) were not legalized and also not having regulation about this. Aside from other countries that until now they are still banning this kind of digital currency. Probably, the digital currency has the potential to be an alternative currency of paper money but as of now, we can't conclude.
Merit: 11
November 07, 2018, 11:14:03 AM
Nope, fiat as it is is crazy easy to launder depending on the country. Unregulated ones will just throw a huge wrench on the current system and just crap on all of us. Besides, the execution of an unregulated paper currency is ridiculous. Monitoring it would be a night mare and imagine distribution of it too?
even if the digital currency is legalized by state, of course what policies will be made by government. especially paper currency, like today, i think it will be difficult to be decentralized, i can't imagine that
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
November 07, 2018, 07:36:34 AM
Alternative money not regulated by the government ?

Ofcourse not! I will not use it. It would be fake because the money should be regulated and supported by the government. You can be put in jail if you use that alternative currency.
Activity: 476
November 07, 2018, 03:12:51 AM
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
October 20, 2018, 03:13:32 PM

Would you use it?
You didn't even specify if there is a value. It could just be a fake money.

The question have no sense here. Perhaps this will be deleted after this message.
Next time be as specific as possible and also share your thoughts about it.
Maybe we could answer it correctly if the question is also done in a way that we understood it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
October 20, 2018, 11:36:17 AM
Of course I will use the money if it can indeed be made an alternative other than the money supported by the central government, because that is the same as using crypto currency as a medium of exchange other than money, except that the difference is that crypto currency does not have a real form, anyone can make something that can replace money, but only one question remains, whether the item can replace money as a medium of exchange, if yes, so why not
Activity: 644
October 20, 2018, 11:25:30 AM
I will not use it, because if there are currencies (banknotes) whose circulation is not regulated by the government then it can be said to be counterfeit money and the punishment for dealers and users is quite heavy, transactions with banknotes are not the same as transactions on online markets, transactions with physical money is easier to recognize if there are irregularities in the paper money we use
Pages:
Jump to: