Pages:
Author

Topic: Alternatives to MtGox - page 2. (Read 6652 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
April 11, 2013, 08:33:20 AM
who is the biggest after mtgox?

infact are there actual stats who owns what % of the trading market?

http://www.bitcoincharts.com (top table on the right)
Activity: 73
Merit: 1
April 11, 2013, 08:29:54 AM
who is the biggest after mtgox?

infact are there actual stats who owns what % of the trading market?
Activity: 7
April 11, 2013, 08:21:59 AM
For a UK citizen, I can also recommend www.bitstamp.net. I have bought all my BTC there (besides a small MtGox detour) and have no complaints. My SEPA deposits usually take 1-2 business days and trading has been smooth during the last months. SEPA withdrawals take a little bit longer. The reachability of their website as been very good during the last DDoS-heavy days, way better than MtGox. Their 24h trade volume has almost tripled this week and their engine still seems to handle it well.

I know that sounds like advertisment, but I'm not affiliated with them. Just a satisfied customer who thinks that Bitstamp is a very viable alternative to the sucking MtGox, esp. for EU citizens.
Activity: 52
April 11, 2013, 08:17:07 AM
Coinbase but there's a long waiting list to get buys Sad
I love their admin/layout, so clean, I just wish they get more serious about fixing their probs
Activity: 5
April 11, 2013, 08:11:06 AM
Hi all. I'm not entirely new to Bitcoin (have been playing poker with btc for a while) but I've never tried buying or selling btc before and don't know much about that. I don't particularly want to join the current trading frenzy but would like to know for future reference about options for buying and selling. MtGox seems to be ridiculous at the moment. I've read a few articles listing exchange sites, but would be great to get advice from personal experiences. What are the most reliable/convenient/trustworthy/good-value options? Thanks in advance to anybody who's willing to share their thoughts   Smiley

Bitstamp is convenient if you live in UK
Activity: 3
April 11, 2013, 07:57:14 AM
Thanks. Looks like there are limited withdrawal options for me on some of these (I'm UK based) Undecided  guess it's just going to take a long time to wade through them all and work out a sensible option.
Activity: 42
April 11, 2013, 07:48:31 AM
Another is btc-e.com:

http://btc-e.com

Arise chicken, arise!
http://risechicken.com/
Activity: 3
April 11, 2013, 07:10:57 AM
Hi all. I'm not entirely new to Bitcoin (have been playing poker with btc for a while) but I've never tried buying or selling btc before and don't know much about that. I don't particularly want to join the current trading frenzy but would like to know for future reference about options for buying and selling. MtGox seems to be ridiculous at the moment. I've read a few articles listing exchange sites, but would be great to get advice from personal experiences. What are the most reliable/convenient/trustworthy/good-value options? Thanks in advance to anybody who's willing to share their thoughts   Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: