Pages:
Author

Topic: Am I actually doing it right? - page 4. (Read 610 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 661
- Jay -
February 04, 2024, 02:28:52 PM
I only want to know if am doing it right or wrong,  you are also missing the part that I said members should help me point out some of my posts that aren't good enough so I can learn from it and see what am doing wrong
A glance through your post history shows that majority of your posts were made in your local board. If there is a shortage of merit circulation in that board then you would not be getting much of it. I would not advise you start posting in other boards you are not comfortable in simply to get merits, that can lead to spam and get you on ignore lists, which is the opposite of what you want.

You first have to stop looking at merits as the determinant of quality here. What quantifies your time spent here is the amount of knowledge you are acquiring, not merits you are getting. The more you learn, the better your posts get.

- Jay -
Activity: 153
Merit: 14
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
February 04, 2024, 01:58:32 PM
You just started and your primary intention is to learn not earn via forum.

I would say, you just made 94 posts prior this one and got 6 merit but already tired of it then you are doing it for wrong intentions.

Merits will be awarded quality posts but another fact is not every post created on bitcointalk has merits. You maybe posting in wrong boards or you still in the learning phase to educate someone else.
I think you are misunderstanding me here, like you said merit will be awarded quality posts and that's why I made this post, I only want to know if am doing it right or wrong,  you are also missing the part that I said members should help me point out some of my posts that aren't good enough so I can learn from it and see what am doing wrong, you also talked about posting in the wrong boards, how do I know the right or wrong boards? I asked a question that requires answers and words of encouragement, I never said I was tired. Thank you for your response, I appreciate.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 525
🇵🇭
February 04, 2024, 01:52:39 PM

I was introduced to this forum by a brother five months ago and I always call him to ask questions about the do's and don't's of this forum but I think it's high time I started asking the right questions here by myself, hence this post.

I've made almost a hundred posts and yet I have only few merit, what am I doing wrong? Are my posts not quality enough? If yes, please I need corrections and guidelines to grow my account. I truly need words of encouragement and affirmation that am on the right track to enable me step up in the game and I also need you guys to help me point out some of my posts that aren't so good, if there are any, so I can learn from my mistakes and do better.

You already get 6 merits on some of your post which means there’s already a guide for you on what’s to do next to receive. You are only posting on B&H and your local board which means your post has less exposure to be find by merit source/sender.

I suggest to keep contributing on your local board and to other board which you are good at and report your unmerited post that you think deserves a merit to merit source threads. You can’t expect to earn a merit every time you post since you are still newbie. Better to focus on your local board contribution since your board has a very good merit to post ratio and has an active merit source.
Activity: 364
Merit: 154
February 04, 2024, 01:46:49 PM
Stop looking yah post stats and merit stats and focus on learning more about BTC and how this forum work and all that. Ones you know you have start learning and you can see your self improving and your post more impacting. You would see that your merits stats would start increasing, one thing you need to know also Is that not all quality post that are  being merited and it's not fixed that any quality post you create must be merited. Meriting is personal choices of any users ones they find your post interesting to them you. They may merit it.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
February 04, 2024, 01:18:31 PM
You just started and your primary intention is to learn not earn via forum.

I would say, you just made 94 posts prior this one and got 6 merit but already tired of it then you are doing it for wrong intentions.

Merits will be awarded quality posts but another fact is not every post created on bitcointalk has merits. You maybe posting in wrong boards or you still in the learning phase to educate someone else.
Activity: 153
Merit: 14
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
February 04, 2024, 01:02:05 PM

I was introduced to this forum by a brother five months ago and I always call him to ask questions about the do's and don't's of this forum but I think it's high time I started asking the right questions here by myself, hence this post.

I've made almost a hundred posts and yet I have only few merit, what am I doing wrong? Are my posts not quality enough? If yes, please I need corrections and guidelines to grow my account. I truly need words of encouragement and affirmation that am on the right track to enable me step up in the game and I also need you guys to help me point out some of my posts that aren't so good, if there are any, so I can learn from my mistakes and do better.

I would have sent a direct message to some senior men here to get some information but this place isn't like social media and I don't know how to, as a newbie that I am, I know most of us will tell me about rules and regulations, plagiarism, spamming, but y'all don't have to worry about that because am a rule keeper and I avoid plagiarism and the rest of it like a plague.
Pages:
Jump to: