Pages:
Author

Topic: Am I asking too much? - page 3. (Read 1893 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 08, 2017, 10:04:08 AM
There are many exchange platforms that have BTC-USDT (Tether) pairs, Tether is actually backed by real USD deposits in banks and 1 USDT tends to remain as 1 USD but there can be some fluctuation in this value like we have right now.

Another option could be goldmoney that accepts bitcoin deposits and you can buy gold with it but you can't buy back bitcoin with those gold. If you want to cash out than you can receive gold bars from them if your country lies under their supported country list.

They're all one phone call or raid away from being shut down. They'll end up as poster boys for the dangers of centralisation without playing regulatory ball.

All tokens imply backing, and backing implies a point of failure.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
June 08, 2017, 09:59:25 AM
All i want is a decentralized exchange where I can move btc into other liquid assets like gold, fiat etc
 I dont even mind if they are just a token that refects the underlying value as long as they are safe and sufficiently liquid volume enough to easily move in and out of them. I want to do all this without touching banks or gov.

Anything like this exist or is planned?

Am I asking too much?

You are not asking too much

And you are certainly not alone who is waiting for a truly decentralized blockchain based exchange to emerge. I'm also waiting and expecting such one (if that comforts you somehow). All previous implementations suffered from the same flaw, i.e. they were devastatingly slow. Now when Lightning Network is activated in Litecoin and will likely be activated in Bitcoin as well (though this is not a given), we may hope that some new developments will come up soon aiming at implementing an instant exchange in the blockchain itself
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 08, 2017, 09:52:41 AM
There are many exchange platforms that have BTC-USDT (Tether) pairs, Tether is actually backed by real USD deposits in banks and 1 USDT tends to remain as 1 USD but there can be some fluctuation in this value like we have right now.

Another option could be goldmoney that accepts bitcoin deposits and you can buy gold with it but you can't buy back bitcoin with those gold. If you want to cash out than you can receive gold bars from them if your country lies under their supported country list.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
June 08, 2017, 09:47:51 AM
All i want is a decentralized exchange where I can move btc into other liquid assets like gold, fiat etc
 I dont even mind if they are just a token that refects the underlying value as long as they are safe and sufficiently liquid volume enough to easily move in and out of them. I want to do all this without touching banks or gov.

Am I asking too much?

In my opinion, yeah, you are asking too much, a decentralized exchange? I don't think so, because this exchanges does exist because they are companies which do earn bitcoins on making a way where bitcoin users could exchange their coins or to trade their coins, and getting this decentralized would be impossible and no one would ever do that, because there is no reason to make one.

I don't want to embarrass you but like I already it does already exist I'm just wondering what other platforms exist and are planned.

Bitshares I know of, didnt like it, no vol but I havent tried it for a year.

Ripple has a kind of decentralised market, I havent looked at Ripple for a few years so I dont even know what form it takes now.

So anyone recommend other platforms? Does WAVES do this?
Have you ever heard of Bitsquare? That's another decentralized exchange which allows you to exchange Bitcoin for fiat and other cryptocurrency.
It's not that popular the last time I checked, but there are still some good offers on there.

Check out their website and download their open source app here:
https://bitsquare.io/
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
June 08, 2017, 09:47:38 AM
It's impossible to decentralize exchange of crypto for fiat, because fiat is inherently centralized. If you need to go through the banking system, then decentralization is out of the question.

If you want to exchange for fiat, you must meet with a person in real life through local bitcoins, and exchange for fiat or gold.
legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
June 08, 2017, 09:42:32 AM
The governments won't be happy with a decentralized exchange. You know, money laundering and tax evasion will be an issue, or excuse.

And if there is trouble, where would you go to complain?
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
June 08, 2017, 09:34:33 AM

Am I asking too much?

In my opinion, yeah, you are asking too much, a decentralized exchange? I don't think so, because this exchanges does exist because they are companies which do earn bitcoins on making a way where bitcoin users could exchange their coins or to trade their coins, and getting this decentralized would be impossible and no one would ever do that, because there is no reason to make one.

I don't want to embarrass you but like I already it does already exist I'm just wondering what other platforms exist and are planned.

Bitshares I know of, didnt like it, no vol but I havent tried it for a year.

Ripple has a kind of decentralised market, I havent looked at Ripple for a few years so I dont even know what form it takes now.

So anyone recommend other platforms? Does WAVES do this?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
June 08, 2017, 09:27:53 AM

Am I asking too much?

June 08, 2017, 07:37:05 AM
Bump
June 08, 2017, 02:35:50 AM
No platforms doing this? I year ago I looked at bitshares but i dodnt like the UI amd it didnt have enough vol to confidently use it.

Any similar options?

Like I said im willing to use virtual tokens if the platform is relatively stable and trusted.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
June 08, 2017, 02:30:52 AM
well with fiat, gold and all the rest of the regulated stuff, there will always be some level of centralization and regulation that you need to follow. so i think yeah you are asking a bit much Smiley

unless you move to physical and face to face exchange of BTC to Physical Gold, Hard Cash, ... i don't see any other way.
June 08, 2017, 01:44:50 AM

Am I asking too much?
Pages:
Jump to: