Pages:
Author

Topic: Am I considered a whale if I trade with $10,000 - page 3. (Read 491 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
simple answer: NO
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
Generally speaking,you are not a whale.maybe a high volume day trader,again that depends on the coin you are trading on or the exchange.
Activity: 224
I think the term 'whale ' is relative.If you trading with 10,000 on bitcoins,I wont not consider that whale buying or selling,but when you are on a small exchane and are trading in an altcoin with very little value and trade volume-maybe less than 50,000 in a day-then yur 10,000 can be considered a whale because you more or less dominate the trade.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
ApolloX
Just wondering. Would I be considered whale  Huh

People consider whales to be someone who is holding a big bag of a certain coin. Maybe if you are holding a certain coin where the total supply is just small or not that big and you are holding a big part of it. Then, you can be considered a whale.

Absolutely right response. Even if your belongings are appr. 10k dollars - you still can be a whale...but if you hold 1 btc or 15 eth - lol, of course no.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
If you properly and consciously divide your money unto different coins then you are not of the whales in the Bitcoin ocean you are just a big fish trying to survive what you have.
Activity: 476
Merit: 112
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
Just wondering. Would I be considered whale  Huh
I think to be a whale you must have a lot of BTC, such as Kobayashi that has more than $ 3000000, then he is called a big whale.

but if you only trade with $ 10000, I think you cannot be called a whale.
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
eh no if its bitcoin
you will be trading just over 1 bitcoin out of 16,933,437.
you would want to add on a few zero's to the bitcoin amount and a good few onto the $ amount.
What effect to you think 1 bitcoin can have on the market?
While I visited the Bittrex BTC/USDT order book https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=USDT-BTC
I noticed an ask for 91 bitcoin and another for 11.

Other smaller coins and tokens would be different, but what would the point be in being a whale of a very minor coin?

to pick a middle ground, look at the top 20 coins, $10,000 doesnt mean that much in comparison to the circulating supply.
Activity: 103
Depends on the volume a coin has. If the volume is for example below 1 million per 24h then you can call urself a whale, but lets say the volume is above 50 million then you are none.
Activity: 368
Merit: 18
Just wondering. Would I be considered whale  Huh

People consider whales to be someone who is holding a big bag of a certain coin. Maybe if you are holding a certain coin where the total supply is just small or not that big and you are holding a big part of it. Then, you can be considered a whale.
Activity: 41
Merit: 4
Just wondering. Would I be considered whale  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: