Pages:
Author

Topic: Am I screwed? - page 2. (Read 747 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 251
June 30, 2019, 12:05:12 AM
I sold at $7550, am I screwed or will it at least go back down to $7500?

In comparison to the price that BTC has achieved right now, you are obviously screwed. That's almost $5,000 of lost gain. You have two options right now, buy back while the price is still at $12,000 and wait for the price to climb higher at possibly $15,000 to $16,000 in the next month, or wait for the correction after that before buying back. For now, I am positive that the green we have has a long way to go. The green is spread all across the entire market, not just BTC.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
June 30, 2019, 12:03:19 AM
Assuming you sold at a profit? If so, then it's a good thing and you are not screwed. Many people make mistake (including me) of never selling in a rising market and when it falls they sell.

I would suggest you to buy and sell in portions. That will keep emotions in control. Remember, you can never buy exact bottom or sell at exact top.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
June 29, 2019, 11:59:46 PM
It depends if you bought at $3.5k then sold it at $7.5k+ the you are now screwed and you got a good profit, just wait for the dip again in the upcoming months because i think bitcoin will go back again at $7k range if you want to buy again.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
June 29, 2019, 11:39:55 PM
It is a wrong decision you have made. Why do you sell it for $ 7500? You don't trust Bitcoin, and you sold it as soon as it reached $ 7500? I may have to tell you that Bitcoin will never return to $ 7500 again. Bitcoin is still rising and continues to rise, wait for some price adjustments, and you can rebuy Bitcoin at a lower price.

This is not about "trusting" bitcoin. The OP probably bought at $4K and he decided to sell at $7K, was that really a bad decision? Nobody knew exactly where the price is going. Last year, a lot of people are saying bitcoin will never go below $10K again and then what happened next? Those who "trusted" bitcoin got rekt so bad.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
June 29, 2019, 11:18:33 PM
You are not screwed if you purchased BTC below $7550,

Dont you read before you quote ? He says that he sold , he never said that he buys but we dont know if what price point he buy . if he buys lower than 7550 usd then he isnt screwed because he already earn some profit however if buys above 7550 usd then he is really screwed  because there is no other way to recover his funds once he sold it all  .
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069
June 29, 2019, 11:03:04 PM
Maybe,  but one thing I know that you should not do is FOMO. Most newbie investors will try to catch the price when it is already on the top. Most of them end up buying on top and regret when the price corrects or falls.

Yes, definitely need to wait for the price of $20,000, I'm sure it will happen very soon, before the end of this year it will definitely happen.

Definitely and Sure are strong words. Remember that in crypto space nothing is really certain until it happens, especially when you are talking about the price.
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
June 29, 2019, 10:13:30 PM

Well, your not the only who got hanged and screwed up. But just keep watching the market. It will still turmed back to that price just don't lose hope. Anyway, how much did you buy btc back then? If you bought it at $3k and sold it at $7k, don't regret that you sold it. You still gain profits.
Activity: 868
Merit: 104
June 27, 2019, 10:51:00 AM

You are not screwed if you purchased BTC below $7550, you have earned the profit instead of losing your money, do not get greedy. Greed and fears are two most common enemies of a trader. detecting top and bottom of any cryptocurrency is difficult. Just be satisfied that you have earned some profit,try to find other opportunities of entering the trade in this bull run of BTC  instead of regretting your exit at $7550. Market is always there, even if BTC reaches at $50000, you will find the opportunities to enter the the trade, try to learn it do not regret.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
thecryptocurrency.directory
June 27, 2019, 09:03:06 AM

Yes you screwed and it happens to every one of us one time or another but don't wish it goes back to $7500 just move on and don't cry over spilled milk, just treat it as a hard experience, you are not alone on this, it happens to me many times, so just move on buy and hodl.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
June 27, 2019, 08:39:25 AM

Have you benefited from your last action, selling your bitcoin at $7550? If so, you are not screwed. Yes indeed, it will give a little regret when we know that prices continue to move up after we sell our coins. But at least when we sell it, we have made a profit. All we have to do now is to wait for the correction to come and choose the right time to buy again. Tbh, we don't need to wait for the price to drop to $7500 to start a new session. Any price can be the entry point.
Activity: 980
Merit: 252
June 27, 2019, 07:18:13 AM
You screwed up or not depends on what course Bitcoin was purchased.Now many can say that they screwed up when they sold bitcoin across price $ 1000 and $ 2000.Throughout 2018, everyone said that the price would be more expensive, but  one listened and sold. Now many are disappointed. You are to blame for this).But I have good news for You.The price will be even more expensive within 1 year.So keep bitcoin in your wallet as long as possible.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
June 27, 2019, 06:55:15 AM
calm down, not only you that sell BTC at prices below 8K. maybe now they still regret it and the possibility to buy back at prices below 8K is now almost impossible for now.maybe you can try investing in Alt with the funds that you have now.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
June 27, 2019, 06:32:05 AM
Are you screwed when you sold all those at 7500?

You are regretting it now just because you are looking at the price. Try to see the brighter side. That is the risk of selling large amounts or never leaving anything.

Well that is how crypto currency goes and you will have to live with that.

Options are to buy again at this price and not thinking where you sell before. If it goes up then you are not screwed. Grin
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
June 27, 2019, 06:08:46 AM

My concern for selling is to sell with profit. So if you sold below your entering price, then you have definitely been screwed. But most times, patience is really worth. Comparing the price today, is almost double the price you sols.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
June 27, 2019, 06:03:58 AM

If we compare the price now then I would you are screwed but it is not the bull run yet I think you can still catch up. You’ve sold it already so there is no coming back, lets focus ourselves on what we have now and enjoy it. With the price growing up you can still get profits even if you but bitcoin today.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
June 27, 2019, 06:03:27 AM
If you want to achieve something high , you need to set it high either.
When you feel this is the time, this is enough and finish but it's not , it's time for you to learn it.

Every trader have similar experience by the way !
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
June 27, 2019, 05:24:05 AM
when you are making an investment you should consider the risks and rewards. that can happen by analyzing the potentials of the asset you are investing in and your speculation of the long term movements of it. basically you put a lot of effort in coming up with a plan to buy and sell at different times and with predecided amounts.
then comes the risks, which is when you made a mistake or something unexpected happens. in your case the mistake was selling at a wrong price because you were affected by the FUD in the media. there is nothing wrong with that. but your biggest mistake was staying inert after you made the mistake instead of attempting to correct it. which would have been as easy as buying back.
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
June 27, 2019, 05:16:53 AM
You are not screwed if you bought bitcoin at $3000-$6000 price level because at least, you are making a profit if you sell bitcoin at $7550. But you will have a problem if you buy bitcoin at $7900 and the price is down to $7550, and you are selling fast. There will be a time for you to buy bitcoin at a low price again and you need to make sure you can see that price so you can buy instantly or placing an order at the market.

I hope you don't have to worry because you will see another chance to buy bitcoin and sell bitcoin in many times because bitcoin price will always change.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
June 27, 2019, 05:06:03 AM
I would not bet that BTC will never return to $7500, it only depends how high this time will go, and correction can be 80% or even more. From $20 000 to $3000, and from $50 000 it can easy go down to $7k.

I don't really understand why anyone makes any bets.

Play with a proportion for fun by all means, but why are so many people pure binary?

If you're a non believer and you've reached the sum you're aiming for then by all means sell everything and walk away. Bitcoin's price is no longer your concern. If you don't fall into that category then quit dicking around and remain in your seat.

What is wrong with bets? I am not in category of non believer and I know something about how all this work. My post is about possibility that one day bitcoin can be again $7500, so what's strange about it? People say that this will never happen again, and that is very funny since price is just $4000 from that, and one or two big dumps can reverse the trend.

You have to accept the fact that 100 people can have 100 different opinions about the same thing, but some people think that all should follow them and do what they do. Fortunately this is not the case in this twisted world.
legendary
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
June 27, 2019, 03:25:15 AM

Hmmm

Placed an order to sell 12 BTC this morning about 10 hours ago and its still in the Open Order section. How long to actually complete the sell? Thanks

You already sold once at 12 BTC around ~8000, so there are like 1% chances that you bought above 7500 back in.
So, if you made a profit, it's all good.
You could have made x20 the profit but that doesn't mean you're "screwed".

never look on your looses and never wanted to buy back beck becasue buy back with looses will definitely bring or yield some profits at the end.

Buying back with losses will definitely bring you profits?
And this will always work like this, forever till the end of time? /S

Somebody has invented the profit printing machine!
Pages:
Jump to: