Pages:
Author

Topic: Am I the only girl on here? : ( - page 35. (Read 147216 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 251
January 09, 2015, 12:50:15 PM
I think in time more girls will be on the ship with crypto, as well as programming and other geeky things. It's just how society views how a girl should be that girls think that they have to be a certian way that alters their perception of what they shall be. If you get my drift HA Drift. I crack my self up sometimes.

That's very true, that's what this thread is all about Smiley x
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 08, 2015, 01:43:29 AM
I think in time more girls will be on the ship with crypto, as well as programming and other geeky things. It's just how society views how a girl should be that girls think that they have to be a certian way that alters their perception of what they shall be. If you get my drift HA Drift. I crack my self up sometimes.
January 08, 2015, 12:11:25 AM
glad to see girl on-board the Bitcoin train

Thanks Jason but at the moment it feels more like a sinking ship than a train Smiley

We will be chivalrous.
Women and children out first.  Tongue

Oh stop it!
Funny tho Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
January 07, 2015, 09:34:57 PM

Thanks Jason but at the moment it feels more like a sinking ship than a train Smiley

We will be chivalrous.
Women and children out first.  Tongue
January 07, 2015, 04:37:26 PM

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
January 07, 2015, 01:16:46 AM
January 06, 2015, 10:33:40 PM
You make it sound like men have such high standards Cheesy    At the start of a relationship people are never going to be 100% real, surely thats a given and eventually people get to know each other.   I blame most guys for not being that perceptive or too wrapped in themselves, its more a case of them believing what they want to

Wise words, Sir.

More often than not, men just go by looks. Sorry if I sound shallow.

You don't sound shallow, you're just being honest Smiley their point was they agree they go by looks at first but when they get bored with her bland personality they leave her for an ugly girl with a big personality. I've never seen that happen lol.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
January 06, 2015, 11:42:22 AM
You make it sound like men have such high standards Cheesy    At the start of a relationship people are never going to be 100% real, surely thats a given and eventually people get to know each other.   I blame most guys for not being that perceptive or too wrapped in themselves, its more a case of them believing what they want to

Wise words, Sir.

More often than not, men just go by looks. Sorry if I sound shallow.
January 05, 2015, 10:27:47 PM

Wise words, Sir.

January 05, 2015, 10:26:24 PM
Most women are smarter then they'll say, where as most guys who boast alot can be complete fools.   I think its not dumbing down but submissiveness is still a thing in 21st century very much, any guy with any brains knows it never works out that way whether a women pretends to let you have your way or not.  Its better to always get on with someone 50/50 not start a relationship dominating the conversation etc

Yep, but a lot of guys out there with self esteem issues often don't feel like they're good enough for the girl they're pursuing and they just walk away without any explanation. Sometimes dumbing down works, the guys feel more relaxed, less intimidated, especially at the beginning.

Just be yourself! What happens when the guy discovers that you have been putting on a show?

It's not lying or a show, just a little tweaking Smiley PLUS it's not like I'm pretending to be better than I am like a lot of people do.

STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
January 05, 2015, 09:22:13 PM
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
January 05, 2015, 09:01:20 PM
Most women are smarter then they'll say, where as most guys who boast alot can be complete fools.   I think its not dumbing down but submissiveness is still a thing in 21st century very much, any guy with any brains knows it never works out that way whether a women pretends to let you have your way or not.  Its better to always get on with someone 50/50 not start a relationship dominating the conversation etc

Yep, but a lot of guys out there with self esteem issues often don't feel like they're good enough for the girl they're pursuing and they just walk away without any explanation. Sometimes dumbing down works, the guys feel more relaxed, less intimidated, especially at the beginning.

Just be yourself! What happens when the guy discovers that you have been putting on a show?
January 04, 2015, 10:56:52 PM

January 04, 2015, 10:49:53 PM

I know, but, Unfortunately guys always seem to prefer dumber girls, geek chics never seem to get as much attention, like, ever. I'm somewhere in the middle which is lucky for me, I can dumb down if necessary and look like a total bimbo if need be, haha. I think the whole geeky look suits guys way better than girls and I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon.

How the hell is this thread still alive. Seriously, 44 pages of this stuff?

Geeky girls are amazing; I don't know where you got that stigma. The people that only go for bimbos are happy until the physical attraction starts fading away. With someone that's intelligent and geeky, I'm the happiest. Why would I want someone I can't hold a conversation with? I definitely prefer geeky girls, both in the short and long run. Geek chics DEFINITELY get attention.

I think the thread is a nice welcome to new girls so they can grasp what the vibe is like for girls here Smiley
About geeky girls, well. Non geeky boys don't generally like geeky girls, they go for the hot babe look. So that only leaves geeky guys to be interested in geeky girls, and you would think that's perfectly fine. However, judging by this forum and the huge amount of geeky guys starting hot babe NSFW threads, I get a feeling geeky guys also want hot babes. So, apparently, everyone wants hot babes. Am I wrong?

I think it's safe to assume that everyone appreciates beauty for what it is, but when it comes down to having a relationship with someone I believe personality and intelligence plays a much bigger role. Looks only gets you so far and physical beauty fades over time, yet someone with whom you have a strong connection is very likely to become even more beautiful in your eyes as the years go by. Stupid people irritate me no matter how good looking they are. So, while looks may get you in the door per say, you'll soon find your ass on the street if that's all you have to contribute, as far as I'm concerned.

Sounds good on paper but harder to do in real life. We don't need to go to the extremes -of gorgeous but stupid VS ugly but smart. Say, if you met a gorgeous babe like those in the NsFW threads and you guys started a relationship, you realised she wasn't the smartest girl in the world but she's not stupid either, just average..would you be thinking "she's so hot and sexy but hey I value intelligence so I need to leave her for someone smarter right now!"
I don't think so.
Those NSFW threads prove guys are always infatuated with beauty (even super smart guys) and of course ideally you want beauty AND brains, but I'm thinking guys are happier to compromise a lot more on brains than beauty.

The NSFW threads only prove that guys like to fap to good looking girls not ugly ones. Nothing more.

Real life is full of compromises. The more realistic you are the happier you'll be. I have a wife now, but before we met there was a certain level of attractiveness, intelligence and personality necessary for someone to have before I would pursue a romantic relationship with them. If you rated too low in any of these categories you were simply undesirable to me. Attractiveness doesn't factor in whatsoever in a regular (non romantic) relationship, but intelligence and personality still do. I can't speak for anyone else, but personality is definitely most important when it comes to having any kind of relationship with me. Attractiveness is least important.

I honestly don't get how some men only desire trophy wives or the women who cater to them by "playing the dumb bimbo". It's really quite sad. Anyways, that's the whole reason I jumped in on this conversation. I just wanted to say it's not true that,
guys always seem to prefer dumber girls
I'm also curious as to how you determine when to,
dumb down if necessary and look like a total bimbo if need be
It seems as though "dumbed-down" is your default and you only try to smarten up if and when the need arises. Unfortunately, this tactic is used by many women, not only you. I have my own theory as to why this is, but I'm not going to get into that.

Seems like you're a smart confident guy with high standars who didn't get intimidated by pretty/intelligent girls, hence you married one Smiley Sadly a lot of guys out there do get intimidated. Rating to low is not the main problem, rating too high is. That's why we gotta dumb down sometimes. What is your theory?
STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
January 04, 2015, 10:43:51 PM
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
January 04, 2015, 05:01:49 PM

I know, but, Unfortunately guys always seem to prefer dumber girls, geek chics never seem to get as much attention, like, ever. I'm somewhere in the middle which is lucky for me, I can dumb down if necessary and look like a total bimbo if need be, haha. I think the whole geeky look suits guys way better than girls and I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon.

Geeky girls are amazing; I don't know where you got that stigma. The people that only go for bimbos are happy until the physical attraction starts fading away. With someone that's intelligent and geeky, I'm the happiest. Why would I want someone I can't hold a conversation with? I definitely prefer geeky girls, both in the short and long run. Geek chics DEFINITELY get attention.

I think the thread is a nice welcome to new girls so they can grasp what the vibe is like for girls here Smiley
About geeky girls, well. Non geeky boys don't generally like geeky girls, they go for the hot babe look. So that only leaves geeky guys to be interested in geeky girls, and you would think that's perfectly fine. However, judging by this forum and the huge amount of geeky guys starting hot babe NSFW threads, I get a feeling geeky guys also want hot babes. So, apparently, everyone wants hot babes. Am I wrong?

I think it's safe to assume that everyone appreciates beauty for what it is, but when it comes down to having a relationship with someone I believe personality and intelligence plays a much bigger role. Looks only gets you so far and physical beauty fades over time, yet someone with whom you have a strong connection is very likely to become even more beautiful in your eyes as the years go by. Stupid people irritate me no matter how good looking they are. So, while looks may get you in the door per say, you'll soon find your ass on the street if that's all you have to contribute, as far as I'm concerned.

Sounds good on paper but harder to do in real life. We don't need to go to the extremes -of gorgeous but stupid VS ugly but smart. Say, if you met a gorgeous babe like those in the NsFW threads and you guys started a relationship, you realised she wasn't the smartest girl in the world but she's not stupid either, just average..would you be thinking "she's so hot and sexy but hey I value intelligence so I need to leave her for someone smarter right now!"
I don't think so.
Those NSFW threads prove guys are always infatuated with beauty (even super smart guys) and of course ideally you want beauty AND brains, but I'm thinking guys are happier to compromise a lot more on brains than beauty.

The NSFW threads only prove that guys like to fap to good looking girls not ugly ones. Nothing more.

Real life is full of compromises. The more realistic you are the happier you'll be. I have a wife now, but before we met there was a certain level of attractiveness, intelligence and personality necessary for someone to have before I would pursue a romantic relationship with them. If you rated too low in any of these categories you were simply undesirable to me. Attractiveness doesn't factor in whatsoever in a regular (non romantic) relationship, but intelligence and personality still do. I can't speak for anyone else, but personality is definitely most important when it comes to having any kind of relationship with me. Attractiveness is least important.

I honestly don't get how some men only desire trophy wives or the women who cater to them by "playing the dumb bimbo". It's really quite sad. Anyways, that's the whole reason I jumped in on this conversation. I just wanted to say it's not true that,
guys always seem to prefer dumber girls
I'm also curious as to how you determine when to,
dumb down if necessary and look like a total bimbo if need be
It seems as though "dumbed-down" is your default and you only try to smarten up if and when the need arises. Unfortunately, this tactic is used by many women, not only you. I have my own theory as to why this is, but I'm not going to get into that.
January 04, 2015, 03:23:03 PM

I don't think so.

Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
January 04, 2015, 12:06:06 PM
Intelligence can definitely be an attractive quality, I dont think thats a myth. It makes less sense that some guys would prefer women who 'know their place'/dont speak or have nothing interesting to say and share nothing in common, isnt this setting up a really boring relationship.   Sadly its surprising but its more common then that, intelligent women is very sexy Cheesy

There is such a thing as geek chic :p
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/geek-chic

January 04, 2015, 11:31:43 AM
Intelligence can definitely be an attractive quality, I dont think thats a myth. It makes less sense that some guys would prefer women who 'know their place'/dont speak or have nothing interesting to say and share nothing in common, isnt this setting up a really boring relationship.   Sadly its surprising but its more common then that, intelligent women is very sexy Cheesy

Activity: 1428
Merit: 326
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 04, 2015, 01:51:55 AM

Pages:
Jump to: