Pages:
Author

Topic: AMC Theatres Debuts Bitcoin Payments - page 2. (Read 172 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
November 13, 2021, 03:57:16 PM
Whats the reason most of the companies prefer the integration through a third party than direct acceptance. This shows they're into business and not into making use of the bitcoin.

Does that surprise you? They accept cryptocurrencies because they have become fashionable and they want to be pioneers in accepting them, but they are too volatile. Not everyone is a visionary like Saylor.

I agree with Dave that even if they do it through paypal, this is good, it popularizes and normalizes crypto, and helps mass adoption.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
November 13, 2021, 03:35:44 PM
I wonder how many places are going to start taking crypto if PP does full and simple integration. Even if they are converting it to fiat for their users who want it, it's still a good thing IMO.
Whats the reason most of the companies prefer the integration through a third party than direct acceptance. This shows they're into business and not into making use of the bitcoin. Here it is PayPal, in most other it is possible to see bitpay who leads in providing similar services. AMC is open for business and they doesn't have the plan of accumulation.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
November 13, 2021, 03:01:15 PM
Going to the website and clicking through to buy tickets, they are using PayPal to process their crypto:

Very interesting. There was a lot of discussion as to if they would be using BitPay or some other processor or do it themselves. I don't think many of us thought it would be PayPal.

I wonder how many places are going to start taking crypto if PP does full and simple integration. Even if they are converting it to fiat for their users who want it, it's still a good thing IMO.

-Dave
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
November 13, 2021, 02:47:47 PM
I'd spend bitcoin on leisure stuff actually, like cinema tickets and such - they're cheap and an experience (it's also likely they're being bought with profit from crypto if you've been here a while since we're at an ath).

Itll probably extend the audience of crypto a bit if they advertise it as a payment method on their website too (but not much) - amc were one of the pump stocks too so the owners might be used to those risks.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
November 13, 2021, 02:36:27 PM
AMC Theatres finally have begun accepting bitcoin payments. Initially it has begun accepting bitcoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash and litecoin for online payments. This has been added along with the traditional payment gateways like Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal. He also mentioned that the next cryptocurrency to get added is the dogecoin.

People's view on the same  Cheesy

Maybe one out of hundred will pay with cryptocurrency, because every crypto users ultimate goal is to stack and make profit and not to spend on mere two to three hours fun.

People never intend to spend on the valuable cryptocurrency, rather they'll spend the trash cash.

It is a good news and more new companies will join providing similar access.

Source : AMC Theatres Debuts Bitcoin Payments
Pages:
Jump to: