Pages:
Author

Topic: AMD Ryzen 9 🖥️ 3900x RandomX mining benchmarks - page 2. (Read 2178 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I tested this RagerX yesterday and it was slower than XMRig on my R7 3700X. 8200 h/s RagerX vs 8450 h/s XMRig (all stock 3700X with tuned memory).

well as your the xmrrig dev and are prob optimising your miner for your own equipment its not really a fair comparison is it?
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
I finally ended up going down to a 3 GHZ clock speed on the threadripper 1950x cpu with 3400 ram speed and a gtx 1060 sitting idle. The cpu temp sits around 62-63c with a Noctua U14S and 3 low power draw case fans to make sure I have decent airflow. I am getting 8444 h/s with this setup while drawing about 185 watts at the wall and keeping temps at an acceptable level. This is not a profitable setup but it is the most efficient setup for a hobby miner with a threadripper they want to play around with and not overheat.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100

I plan to buy another 3900x and 3950x once the 3950 are in stock .

Why?  For 1 dollar per day? Grin
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
I got a R 9 3900x up to 13.15 KH temp at 66c mining rx,it did out of the box with 3200 speed memory 11 KH so i bought some 3600 memory because of something i saw on YouTube, I'm sure i can get it up to 14 kh easy once i get a better cooler.
I also have a r 7 2700 up to 4.71 kh due to memory limits, I have some 3600 speed sticks coming.
i also have a r7 1700 that does about the same as the r7 2700

and a r7 3700x i haven't really booted up yet the motherboard board and memory is due in today.

I plan to buy another 3900x and 3950x once the 3950 are in stock .
copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 57
randomX has been a bust so far , i cant see this many cpu farms active , botnets or fpgas , back to square O

About 600 MH was added to the network...thats like 40k 3900x. I would say half the new hash is from existing systems mining monero since they can, so 10-20k "new" systems in farms is not that much considering 100s of thousands of ASICs on other networks.

I think it is so high cause most of the miners have CPU which are sitting idle, so it makes sence even to put on a celeron which does no harm to earn extra few cents. Still ROI is better then mining any other coin with GPU.
Activity: 116
Merit: 66
I tested this RagerX yesterday and it was slower than XMRig on my R7 3700X. 8200 h/s RagerX vs 8450 h/s XMRig (all stock 3700X with tuned memory).
you guys should check out this new pool http://get-monero.org if you do not mind using my affiliate link or check out RagerX.lol if you do.

The out of the box hashrate for RagerX is 11500 (about 1000H/s faster) without any tweaks. (with tweaks should be faster)

here is the tele for the pool https://t.me/ragerxlol

3.5% pool fee but the new pool miner combo is 10% faster then all current mining software so you are still 6.5% up on every other miner.

Also the more friends you get to mine the more rewards you will also get paid out from the pool fee.
nice attempt to hide real scam site behind a link get-monero - but NO (cookies has been deleted)!  Grin
Who do you think you are and why do you shy to link an original site (scam alert or not)?

http://get-monero.org is what i'm using as a shortner for my affiliate link for the mining pool the link is ragerX.lol which i also provided for people who do not wish to use my affiliate.

so what are you on about or do you believe no one can code a better pool or mining software then what is currently available?
legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
you guys should check out this new pool http://get-monero.org if you do not mind using my affiliate link or check out RagerX.lol if you do.

The out of the box hashrate for RagerX is 11500 (about 1000H/s faster) without any tweaks. (with tweaks should be faster)

3.5% pool fee but the new pool miner combo is 10% faster then all current mining software so you are still 6.5% up on every other miner.

Also the more friends you get to mine the more rewards you will also get paid out from the pool fee.
nice attempt to hide real scam site behind a link get-monero - but NO (cookies has been deleted)!  Grin
Who do you think you are and why do you shy to link an original site (scam alert or not)?

legendary
I was able to get the hash rate up up to 9300 h/s on a threadripper 1950x with a small jump in memory speeds up from 3200 to 3333 with stock cpu settings. The heat generated even with the cpu fan running full blast seems a bit much, so I will probably run with less cores until I can get it to and acceptable level.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
considering monero is the only popular coin that can be mined using the cpu, no wonder why so many cpus were added to the network.
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
randomX has been a bust so far , i cant see this many cpu farms active , botnets or fpgas , back to square O

About 600 MH was added to the network...thats like 40k 3900x. I would say half the new hash is from existing systems mining monero since they can, so 10-20k "new" systems in farms is not that much considering 100s of thousands of ASICs on other networks.
legendary
I am getting around 4600 h/s on RandomX with a threadripper 1950x with 32 gb of ram at 3200 in a quad channel setup. Looks like faster dual channel memory has a bigger impact than the quad channel setup.

14 threads seems to be the sweet spot

What miner are you using? I guess shouldnt really matter xmrig/xmrstak preety much same hashrate

I dont get how you can get so low hashrate, hmm have you set large pages and that miner allocate it correctly?  so it shows like "JIT 1020/1020" and not "JIT 20/1020"

You should have double hashrate then what you have.

My 12 core TR1920x does 7500 h/s  with 3200 cl 16  and 16gb quad channel memory (4x4)gb  this @ 3,7ghz cpu and 1.15v

So yeah something strange with your setup man, if you have popped in the wrong memory slots eg A1  B1 etc etc ...   Correct placement in your manual.

Also could you link your batch file with cpu affinity / threads.

If you could make a batch file in xmrig folder and do this :
Code:
@echo off
xmrig.exe, -o PoolUrl, -u YourWalletadress.Workername, -t 16, --cpu-affinity 0x55555555, --cpu-priority 5, -l, --log-file=Troubleshooting
pause

I ended up bumping up the large page files to 2048 in linux after reading the results you are getting with a 1920x and I am now getting close to 9000 h/s which is a major bump. I think I may be able to get more from what I am reading from other users by increasing the page file size with quad channel memory. Thanks for the feedback and tips, it helped me almost double my original results
Activity: 273
Merit: 17
I am getting around 4600 h/s on RandomX with a threadripper 1950x with 32 gb of ram at 3200 in a quad channel setup. Looks like faster dual channel memory has a bigger impact than the quad channel setup.

What miner are you using? I guess shouldnt really matter xmrig/xmrstak preety much same hashrate

I dont get how you can get so low hashrate, hmm have you set large pages and that miner allocate it correctly?  so it shows like "JIT 1020/1020" and not "JIT 20/1020"

You should have double hashrate then what you have.

My 12 core TR1920x does 7500 h/s  with 3200 cl 16  and 16gb quad channel memory (4x4)gb  this @ 3,7ghz cpu and 1.15v

So yeah something strange with your setup man, if you have popped in the wrong memory slots eg A1  B1 etc etc ...   Correct placement in your manual.

Also could you link your batch file with cpu affinity / threads.

If you could make a batch file in xmrig folder and do this :
Code:
@echo off
xmrig.exe, -o PoolUrl, -u YourWalletadress.Workername, -t 16, --cpu-affinity 0x55555555, --cpu-priority 5, -l, --log-file=Troubleshooting
pause
Activity: 388
Merit: 13

I don't know. My 3 systems hashrate went up 4x with less power.
Network hashrate tripled.
legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
Mining a CN/R coin like Lethean gives no trouble at all.
It was mining it until now. But I want my 4300 H/s monero hashrate from it.

Supposedly you need to turn off  Opcache in bios

Does that go for another name? Can't see that option.

It's a Gigabyte B450M DS3H.

Common options Then AMD CBS/CPU

So i belive its in the M.I.T section.
Then go to Advanced CPU core section
Then Opcache control, Then just disable

i wonder how it is in the taichi x399 board.

i think i did it correctly but i am not at 6000 or 7000 with. my thread ripper 1920x. i am doing 4900-5100

which is better then the 600 i was doing. i used a different option something like cbs/cpu

If it runs, but slow, memory timings should be the problem.

I was getting 10500 with my 3900x, and after following advice here, it's now @ 13500 H/s...
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
Why don't you have any new RandomX miner in your shop yet? How much is some miner with a few AMD Ryzen 9 CPUs and all the other components needed to plug and play a miner and mine something?

I am not sure how profitable is it to mine Monero at all with the current difficulty 101 G.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Mining a CN/R coin like Lethean gives no trouble at all.
It was mining it until now. But I want my 4300 H/s monero hashrate from it.

Supposedly you need to turn off  Opcache in bios

Does that go for another name? Can't see that option.

It's a Gigabyte B450M DS3H.

Common options Then AMD CBS/CPU

So i belive its in the M.I.T section.
Then go to Advanced CPU core section
Then Opcache control, Then just disable

i wonder how it is in the taichi x399 board.

i think i did it correctly but i am not at 6000 or 7000 with. my thread ripper 1920x. i am doing 4900-5100

which is better then the 600 i was doing. i used a different option something like cbs/cpu
Pages:
Jump to: