Pages:
Author

Topic: AMD vs Nvidia vs Intel discussion, by 2016~17 - page 2. (Read 1558 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
I like boobies (o)(o)
I've been building my own PCs since the 90s and I've always been a fan of AMD CPUs due to their bang-for-buck. My first PC actually used a Cyrix CPU.

Currently I have an AMD FX-8350 which I have running at 4.8 GHz and on occasion I pump it up to 5.0 GHz. I've had this CPU for about five years now and Ryzen will be my next upgrade when it releases this year. I think Ryzen will surprise quite a few people, including Intel.

I also have an Intel 3570K system which is my first ever Intel based PC. I built this solely because I was able to pick up a motherboard and CPU cheaply. I would never pay full price on an Intel system purely because AMD represents better value. Yes, Intel has had the performance edge on AMD for a while now, but when it comes to real world performance the extra dollars you need to drop on the Intel system are not worth it for the average home PC user.

Regarding GPUs, currently I run both a tri-SLI GTX 670 and a CrossFire R9-280X configuration. I've probably had more Nvidia cards than AMD but when Vega releases this year I will also look at upgrading to this.

Like you I have been building PCs for a while. I find that the intel CPUs are superior to the AMD. With AMD I always had cooling problems, the standard fan was never enough. My FX-8350 needed a liquid cooler to prevent that. With Intel I just use the cooling fan that comes with the cpu. For regular computing/playing games it runs cooler and never throttles compared the the AMD without a liquid cooler.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
First good graphics i got was an ati and since then I always sticked with the brand.
The videoquality is slightly better than nvidia in my opinion.
maybe if you only play games nvidia might be the better choice.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I personally prefer AMD for processors, because they're a LOT cheaper than Intel processors.

BUT, if you're using AMD and planning to do some processor intensive stuff like playing Overwatch for e.x., you should buy a better cooler than the stock cooler, I use Water-Cooling.

For graphic cards, I prefer Nvidia, based on bad experiences like not working AMD cards and because Nvidia is less power consuming (atleast they were, not sure now).

Friendly Regards,
- SkycityVictorians
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
nvidia very good for gaming, i use nvidia has long  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
I've been building my own PCs since the 90s and I've always been a fan of AMD CPUs due to their bang-for-buck. My first PC actually used a Cyrix CPU.

Currently I have an AMD FX-8350 which I have running at 4.8 GHz and on occasion I pump it up to 5.0 GHz. I've had this CPU for about five years now and Ryzen will be my next upgrade when it releases this year. I think Ryzen will surprise quite a few people, including Intel.

I also have a Intel 3570K system which is my first even Intel based PC. I build this solely because I was able to pick up a motherboard and CPU cheaply. I would never pay full price on an Intel system purely because AMD represents better value. Yes, Intel has had the performance edge on AMD for a while now, but when it comes to real world performance the extra dollars you need to drop on the Intel system are not worth it for the average home PC user.

Regarding GPUs, currently I run both a tri-SLI GTX 670 and a CrossFire R9-280X configuration. I've probably had more Nvidia cards than AMD but when Vega releases this year I will also look at upgrading to this.

there lining the Ryzen up as an I7 killer, if AMD hit the price right i think Intel will be pissing itself very quickly

AMD all the way for me i like intel too but no way can i justify spending 3-4 times as much for maybe 20% more performance,
AMD again for the GPU, AMD vs Nvidia is same as more vs Complexity (AMD more is better vs NVIDIA fewer but smarter) 
Activity: 337
Merit: 258

I also have an Intel 3570K system which is my first ever Intel based PC. I built this solely because I was able to pick up a motherboard and CPU cheaply. I would never pay full price on an Intel system purely because AMD represents better value. Yes, Intel has had the performance edge on AMD for a while now, but when it comes to real world performance the extra dollars you need to drop on the Intel system are not worth it for the average home PC user.

Activity: 574
AMD is better because its very cheap for me
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
AMD is only great when it's freezing outside Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
For gaming purpose i will vote nvidia, for mining i will vote amd
Activity: 644
Merit: 274
I will must vote for Nvidia. They have better quality and best service.
I hope you know they have the same manufacturers. So the quailty is exactly the same. The difference can be in the drivers, and AMD is getting better and better, nvidia is on a downtrend.
Activity: 293
https://tinyurl.com/cheapVPS200
I will must vote for Nvidia. They have better quality and best service.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005
beware of your keys.
since i am not great on the measuration of the best GPU, i would wish to know what your opinion is, regarding AMD and Nvidia. for CPU, should i wait for Zen to build up my next PC? Huh

btw i am supporting AMD for its challenge of pricing, otherwise they would price a lot; i am really looking forward about how fast Zen and Vega is, and see if the high end stuffs need not to be expensive.
Pages:
Jump to: