Pages:
Author

Topic: 'American Sniper' breaks box office records - page 2. (Read 1793 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 251
January 17, 2015, 10:57:54 PM
I've seen the trailer and it looks promising.
Early on people in EU supported the war, because it was a retaliation. US troops were supposed to go in and out, make Saddam surrender, change the government, but in years some new facts came to light. We found out the WTC attack was staged and the whole purpose of the war was oil. Once again greed has triumphed.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
I'm nothing without GOD
January 17, 2015, 10:37:23 PM
I hope that people are seeing what kind of a failure in real life to some extent that the Iraq war was, rather then people having a surging appetite for the glory of war which was my first take on this. Kyle's first kills are a child and a woman. They didn't sugarcoat it. It also shows that he has no remorse for anything he did in the end. I hate the Iraq war more than ever now. Any thoughts from abroad?

He probably didn't feel remorse do to ptsd.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
January 17, 2015, 08:48:36 PM
My first impression was the movie is major oscar bait, even more when it got to the end and I learned it was a true story.

I have to agree with you, the movie is not that big on propaganda, it explores the side no one likes to talk, the PTSD, the injuries, the killing of innocent people...
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
January 17, 2015, 07:24:24 PM
I hope that people are seeing what kind of a failure in real life to some extent that the Iraq war was, rather then people having a surging appetite for the glory of war which was my first take on this. Kyle's first kills are a child and a woman. They didn't sugarcoat it. It also shows that he has no remorse for anything he did in the end. I hate the Iraq war more than ever now. Any thoughts from abroad?
Pages:
Jump to: