Pages:
Author

Topic: America's biggest serial killer, abortionist Kermit Gosnell & the media cover-up - page 2. (Read 3786 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Cool Documentary. Abortion is certainty an issue worthy of debate. Unfortunately, both sides are usually too clouded by emotion to participate effectively in reasoned debate. They tend to only consider arguments for and against their predetermined opinion. 

That said, I have funded on indigogo for a copy of the  DVD :-).

More about Gosnell:

"Gosnell received his Medical Degree at the Jefferson Medical School in 1966.[9] It has been reported that he spent four decades practicing medicine among the poor, including opening the Mantua Halfway House, a rehab clinic for drug addicts in the impoverished Mantua neighborhood of West Philadelphia near where he grew up, and a teen aid program"

"He became an early proponent of abortion rights in the 1960s and 1970s and, in 1972, he returned from a stint in New York City to open up an abortion clinic on Lancaster Avenue in Mantua. Gosnell told a Philadelphia Inquirer reporter in October 1972: "as a physician, I am very concerned about the sanctity of life. But it is for this precise reason that I provide abortions for women who want and need them"

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
The state of Pennsylvania do have death penalty. But I don't think that the biased jury will ever give this monster any sort of meaningful punishment.

Kermit Gosnell
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Born   Kermit Barron Gosnell
February 9, 1941 (age 73)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Criminal penalty
Life in prison without parole
Conviction(s)   First-degree murder (3 counts); Involuntary manslaughter (1 count)
Killings
Victims   Convicted on 4 counts, hundreds of similar incidents reported
Country   USA
State(s)   Pennsylvania
Kermit Barron Gosnell (born February 9, 1941) is a former American physician from Philadelphia. Among his other medical work, Gosnell ran an abortion clinic and was a prolific prescriber of Oxycontin.[1]

In 2011, Gosnell, alongside various co-defendant employees, was charged with eight counts of murder resulting in part from gross medical malpractice in treatment of patients at his clinic, as well as 24 felony counts of illegal abortions beyond the 24 week limit, and charged with 227 misdemeanor counts of violating the 24-hour informed consent law. The murder charges related to a patient who died while under his care and seven newborns said to have been killed after being born alive during attempted abortions. In May 2013, he was convicted on three of the murder charges, 21 felony counts of illegal late-term abortion, and 211 counts of violating the 24-hour informed consent law. After his conviction, Gosnell waived his right of appeal in exchange for an agreement not to seek the death penalty. He was sentenced instead to life in prison without the possibility of parole.[2] Gosnell has been described as a serial killer, with ABC's Terry Moran saying "Kermit Gosnell is probably the most successful serial killer in the history of the world."

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
The state of Pennsylvania do have death penalty. But I don't think that the biased jury will ever give this monster any sort of meaningful punishment.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
This documentary should be as a tribute for all the people who died by that criminal hands .
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
I've never heard of him so this should be rather educational for me and I suspect meany others.  Thanks for making us all aware of this monster.

Well.. I almost never heard of him either. The reason is simple. This is a picture of the bench reserved for ALL the media during the trial. Not one day. Every day.

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/04/12/shocking-photo-shows-empty-media-benches-at-kermit-gosnell-trial/

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
I've never heard of him so this should be rather educational for me and I suspect meany others.  Thanks for making us all aware of this monster.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Gosnell Movie
A historic crowdfunding campaign for a movie about America's biggest serial killer, abortionist Kermit Gosnell and the media cover-up.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gosnell-movie

McAleer was set to use Kickstarter again for Gosnell, but the firm wanted several changes to the text of the fundraising pitch and, in the end, attached a disclaimer to the project’s letter of acceptance warning that if anything “objectionable” were added the project would be removed. McAleer sent a sternly worded letter to Kickstarter accusing it of “censorship” and moved the campaign for Gosnell to IndieGoGo. Kickstarter says the disclaimer is standard procedure.

Unlike FrackNation and other movies McAleer has produced, the Gosnell movie will be a scripted drama, and he’ll base it largely on grand jury testimony and documentation from Gosnell’s trial, which major media outlets covered sporadically. Columnists at Time magazine, Fox News, ABC News, theWashington Post, The Atlantic and elsewhere suggested that bias against the anti-abortion movement caused liberal journalists to ignore the story. A column for the The Daily Beast by Megan McArdle, for example, carried the headline, “Why I Didn’t Write About Gosnell’s Trial – And Why I Should Have,” and included a photo of the press gallery in the courtroom with every seat empty.

http://youtu.be/CAAll1R29vs
Pages:
Jump to: