Pages:
Author

Topic: An important message from the Solidcoin developers - page 2. (Read 2227 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
I don't get it. Is this a joke? How would one exchange their old solidcoins for bitcoins? Who would buy these solidcoins that will soon become worthless?

Hot potato principle - the last man to own Ye Olde Solicoinsiz looses.

Having said that, I  do not know if anyone would by old solidcoinsiz for bitcoins, but as a gesture of good will, I will buy them for Geist Geld, at a fixed rate of 1 solidcoin for 1 Geist Cheesy
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I don't have many coins, so does not matter much, but just anxiously waiting for the start of the new mining.  When is the estimated start of the new Solidcoin?
donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
I don't get it. Is this a joke? How would one exchange their old solidcoins for bitcoins? Who would buy these solidcoins that will soon become worthless? And how would they then convert their solidcoins to the new 2.0 solidcoins. This makes no sense whatsoever.

legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
[EDIT: The following message is a joke, where I imitate the style of messages written by the Solidcoin developer. The use of the plural in the title is part of the joke.]

I have a very important message from the Solidcoin developers to the community.

As you may know, the SolidCoin 2.0 blockchain will not be compatible with the previous one. All solidcoins that have been mined and traded in SC 1.xx are going to be deemed invalid by the new network.

Unfortunately, it has been impossible for SC developers to find a way to transfer SC amounts from the old blockchain to the new blockchain in a consistent way ; we have found that it is impossible to reliably distinguish the adresses used by legitimate users and the adresses used to spam the old blockchain.

Fortunately, we have found a lightweight solution, that will transfer the value of solidcoins from the 1.xx blockchain to the 2.0 blockchain, instead of transferring the solidcoins themselves. This solution involves the use of Bitcoins, as a temporary store of value. This solution will avoid the transfer of thousands of spammed addresses to the new blockchain.

If you own Solidcoins, we suggest that you exchange them for BTC for the time being, because old solidcoins are soon going to be worthless. Once Solidcoin 2.0 will be traded on exchanges, you will be able to convert your BTC back to the new solidcoins.

Depending on the market exchange rates, you might not have exactly the same amount of Solidcoins before and after the transfer. However, statistical fluctuations should cancel out. We found that the first users who will exchange their old solidcoins for new ones might enjoy a more favourable exchange rate. This will create a nice incentive to bootstrap the conversion process.
Pages:
Jump to: