Author

Topic: Analysis - page 332. (Read 941563 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
August 19, 2013, 05:27:07 PM
SPX broke down ma50

Activity: 509
Merit: 564
"In Us We Trust"
August 19, 2013, 07:03:18 AM
Yeah, I'm not buying this 30k rally on Mt. Gox.

More like people leaving Gox to sell elsewhere. - speculation
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
August 19, 2013, 06:48:57 AM
IMO we reached a midterm top
legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration
August 19, 2013, 02:49:11 AM
well, looks like the direction was picked  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
August 19, 2013, 01:10:23 AM
Price behaviour showing some pretty erratic behavior now. It simply is not allowed to decrease.
donator
Activity: 853
August 18, 2013, 08:20:58 PM
Just really range bound lately.  Would like to see it pick a direction.

I don't know what's going to happen with Bitcoin but the stock and bond markets are toast. Major top with huge divergence in the A/D line. Get ready guys... crash season is coming (September/October/November) Grin
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
August 18, 2013, 01:44:40 PM
Just really range bound lately.  Would like to see it pick a direction.
legendary
August 18, 2013, 05:22:23 AM
Much of uncertainty is on market, as in each end of big consolidation.

On one hand we have a daily (still potential) reverse (bullish) head and shoulders (copyrighted by another analyst, S3052).

On other hand I see a tripple zig-zag bearish wedge here

And on third hand - weak bullish close above middle BB - but I don't really like this candle volume. In this case I wait 1-3 candles to make sure it will stay above. Also in SC feed it didn't closed above.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration
August 18, 2013, 03:24:17 AM

Weekly just closed above SMA 20

legendary
August 17, 2013, 10:00:55 PM
For sierracharts, you can get data direct from bitstamp and avoid bitcoincharts entirely though correct?

https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?l=doc/Bitcoin.php#SetupInstructions

Ah, thanks. Now it uses direct api to bitstamp. This is nice. I update SC very rarely as I fear to break its to be working under wine lol Smiley
Han
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
August 17, 2013, 09:43:26 PM
MtGox:

http://www.sierrachart.com/image.php?l=137673275760.png

Bitstamp:

http://www.sierrachart.com/image.php?l=1376732790777.png

Since they are almost relatively identical, and Gox has highest market volume I use MtGox data. Also Sierra has very usable feed for Gox data while bitstamp data obtained through bitcoincharts crunches.

For sierracharts, you can get data direct from bitstamp and avoid bitcoincharts entirely though correct?

https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?l=doc/Bitcoin.php#SetupInstructions

Activity: 798
August 17, 2013, 02:17:26 PM

I prefer not to be called dude if that is ok?

LOL
That's fine Mr/Mrs/Ms RationalSpeculator Sir/Madam/dudette (delete as appropriate)

It was quite clear from your words that you thought he was lying ... there is very little difference between that and calling him a liar ... it's just semantics. Nice to see you own it and apologise  Wink

More masterluc, less drama.

Absolutely
Just drop it RS (can I call you that ?) and move on ...

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
August 17, 2013, 02:02:52 PM
Can we stop the personal vendetta? Thank you.
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
August 17, 2013, 01:46:12 PM
Rational speculator: being called a liar = being insulted.

And I've made both good and bad calls about Bitcoin short term price movements, but I never lied as you say:  show proof if you accuse other people of lying or just put your money where your mouth is.

Where did I call you a liar? Or accused you of lying?

I will admit that I suspected you of conscious lying about this SEPA.

Though I don't think that anymore. I'm sorry for having thought that.

August 17, 2013, 01:42:24 PM
Sorry dude, I think your response to Rampion was curt and disrespectful.

I do not agree with your conclusions but I do thank you for sharing your critical opinion on my actions.

I prefer not to be called dude if that is ok?

If you had actually taken the time to read his post more thoroughly and responded more politely the whole scenario would have been avoided. He was offering helpful and honest advice and I believe he was shocked by your response. I certainly was. But then I had read his post thoroughly, and his previous ones about his SEPA experience so I knew exactly what he was talking about.

I'm sorry you were shocked by my response.

You are right that I did not read his post detailed enough to notice that his successful SEPA withdrawal was of little value to the discussion.

As for his speculative analyses, I like them ... it's the speculation forum after all. Believe what you want to. Everyone 'talks their book' from time to time. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes its perception bias  -all part of the game. In any case I dont see it's relevance to this discussion.

The relevance to the discussion for me is that I have experienced him not being honest in this other matter, hence my scepticism.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
August 17, 2013, 12:17:20 PM
Thanks for the kind words phoenix - and sorry for derailing your thread lucif

Making a long story short: bigger or smaller Gox is indeed delaying transfers, especially usd, which is distorting the exchange rate. The question is how much? Gox always worked well for me, so I'll bet on them solving their problems. We'll see.
Activity: 798
August 17, 2013, 11:30:25 AM
Sorry dude, I think your response to Rampion was curt and disrespectful. If you had actually taken the time to read his post more thoroughly and responded more politely the whole scenario would have been avoided. He was offering helpful and honest advice and I believe he was shocked by your response. I certainly was. But then I had read his post thoroughly, and his previous ones about his SEPA experience so I knew exactly what he was talking about.

As for his speculative analyses, I like them ... it's the speculation forum after all. Believe what you want to. Everyone 'talks their book' from time to time. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes its perception bias  -all part of the game. In any case I dont see it's relevance to this discussion.
Everyone makes good and bad calls. Everyone knows or should know that. Every trader is wrong probably more than 50% of the time. It's cutting the losers and running the winners that makes money in the long term IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
August 17, 2013, 10:38:44 AM
Rational speculator: being called a liar = being insulted.

And I've made both good and bad calls about Bitcoin short term price movements, but I never lied as you say:  show proof if you accuse other people of lying or just put your money where your mouth is.
August 17, 2013, 09:15:30 AM
Can anyone join in ? I would like to bet that Rampion is telling the truth. IMO he has been consistently honest and open about his personal experience with Gox over the last few months - he has not changed his story once. I really don't know what all the fuss is about - you doubters are arguing about his withdrawals PRIOR to the Gox announcemement and 'stoppage'. Why  Undecided ... who cares ?
If I were Rampion I would also be insulted by your attitudes.

Can we let The Master's new thread return to chart analysis now please ?

Good catch.

I have experienced Rampion not to be honest about his speculative analyses. He acts as if he has made many good valuable calls, whereas I have experienced him to have made very bad calls.

Rampion, I believe you now that you received a larger SEPA withdrawal ordered before the time Gox his US accounts got frozen. But indeed, it's of little value.

Phoenix, not believing someone and asking for proof, is not an insult. It's being sceptical. If someone experiences scepticism as insult, and gets angry for that, that is their personal issue.

Telling someone to 'f*ck off' however is swearing at someone. Feeling angry for being cursed at is not a personal issue but a healthy response I think.
legendary
August 17, 2013, 05:47:40 AM
MtGox:

Bitstamp:

Since they are almost relatively identical, and Gox has highest market volume I use MtGox data. Also Sierra has very usable feed for Gox data while bitstamp data obtained through bitcoincharts crunches.
Jump to: