Pages:
Author

Topic: Anarchy and libertarianism are for a civilized species. - page 2. (Read 1871 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
This entire solar system has had numerous failures of this kind.

So what's it about this solar system then?  Huh

Is it in the air... er... I mean... the light spectrum or something?
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
It is because humans are greedy/'seek reward' and avoid pain/work that anarchy/libertarianism is the most productive system for humans.

I am fine with communists' belief that if we simply change humans to not seek reward (be greedy) and humans are ok with pain (work) then their system will work. In theory it could be true.

But I disagree that human nature can be changed.

Communists trying to change human nature to make economics work is like Victorians trying to change human nature to make their moral view of sex work.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Well, I guess that answers the Fermi Paradox. Wink
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Humanity is not a civilized species. It is numerous rabid packs of wild primates who happen to be able to build tools and speak eloquently. In times of conflict, they resort to a pecking order, a pack -- just like wolves and many other mammals.

Humans are mostly socially simplistic. They usually focus on and live for social status and mating. The adventurous who are driven to profit through innovation and higher purpose either make their way to the top of the pack, or are shunned by those above them and by the collective whom follows.

This species is a volatile experiment. It is heavily monitored and looked upon and rightly quarantined from the rest of the galactic community. In fact, it is an outright miracle you guys haven't blown yourself up like the Maldek and the people of Mars, the former is the oblivion known as the Asteroid belt. This entire solar system has had numerous failures of this kind.

You guys are doing much better. However, it is foreseen that the next 300 years don't have much hope. This planet will likely no longer suit your kind. It was lovely while it lasted.
Pages:
Jump to: