Pages:
Author

Topic: Andreas Antonopoulos said Give Bitcoin Two Years - page 3. (Read 7478 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Would you agree or not?

Bitcoin Only Needs Two Years

Hmmmm... I respect the guy yeah.. But I do not know where his information came from.
2 years might be a little bold.. Maybe give it 3-5 years. I am still having doubt about that.

What do you think?

Andreas is a dick who is not worth any of my time.

He does look like a vampire in some pics but I think in general hes done a lot more for btc than most of the people here who don't like him

Why is he a dick anyway?

Yes, please elaborate. He comes across as calm and patient to me...
Maybe just random fire hate?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Would you agree or not?

Hmmmm... I respect the guy yeah.. But I do not know where his information came from.
2 years might be a little bold.. Maybe give it 3-5 years. I am still having doubt about that.

What do you think?

He does look like a vampire in some pics but I think in general hes done a lot more for btc than most of the people here who don't like him

Why is he a dick anyway?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1004
2 years is a very good perspective for bitcoin, all the goverment changes that are coming specially in europe will show the regular population how weak fiat is.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Would you agree or not?

What do you think?

Why the hate tho?
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Imagine Me and You
Would you agree or not?

What do you think?

legendary
Activity: 868
He's giving bitcoin two years to do what? To propose to him? To "go to the moon"? To be accepted by x% of retailers?

What Andreas thinks will happen in two years is irrelevant. He knows no more than I do what Bitcoin will be in two years. What would be relevant is for Andreas to work with retailers to get bitcoin accepted in more stores. I'm not sure that he's really doing that at all. He's doing great things to help people that are already in "the know" but we need the people that are unaware of bitcoin's attributes.
I guess it means two years until the mainstream public gets legitimatelly interested on it. In two years a lot of things will change and people may start looking into banking alternatives.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!

I'm happy if we make it past April.

Really?
What do you mean past April?
Are you saying that by April, there's a possibility that Bitcoin would drop rock bottom?

People need to get it out of your heads that "dropping rock bottom" means anything.  Bitcoin could go to $0.50 tomorrow and that wouldn't mean the end of Bitcoin. As long as there are hundreds of millions in funding and thousands of startups building out the infrastructure, Bitcoin does not end.  As Satoshi put it - as long as there are users, Bitcoin continues. 

The price has NOTHING to do with Bitcoins future success or failure.   The infrastructure does.

If / when I see businesses dropping out and infrastructure development stopping, that's when I get concerned.  Not a minute before.

-B-

Well there definitely aren't "thousands of startups building out the infrastructure"....
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
He's giving bitcoin two years to do what? To propose to him? To "go to the moon"? To be accepted by x% of retailers?

What Andreas thinks will happen in two years is irrelevant. He knows no more than I do what Bitcoin will be in two years. What would be relevant is for Andreas to work with retailers to get bitcoin accepted in more stores. I'm not sure that he's really doing that at all. He's doing great things to help people that are already in "the know" but we need the people that are unaware of bitcoin's attributes.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

I'm happy if we make it past April.

Really?
What do you mean past April?
Are you saying that by April, there's a possibility that Bitcoin would drop rock bottom?

People need to get it out of your heads that "dropping rock bottom" means anything.  Bitcoin could go to $0.50 tomorrow and that wouldn't mean the end of Bitcoin. As long as there are hundreds of millions in funding and thousands of startups building out the infrastructure, Bitcoin does not end.  As Satoshi put it - as long as there are users, Bitcoin continues. 

The price has NOTHING to do with Bitcoins future success or failure.   The infrastructure does.

If / when I see businesses dropping out and infrastructure development stopping, that's when I get concerned.  Not a minute before.

-B-
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
If someone with his stature and reputation is telling me to give only 2 years, I'll definitely go with it and in fact, it's a bonus. I've personally placed a 5 years target though.
My thoughts exactly, I was thinking more 2021 for mainstream. But it's like a volcano waiting to erupt, we have only felt tremors (rapid rise to 1,000, and slow fall) so far and the true explosion could be sudden.
Q7
Activity: 448
Would you agree or not?
Starting from when?

Mt. Gox started trading Bitcoins four years ago.

Two years from now, though I don't know why he or anyone else makes these sort of baseless predictions. If they're wrong they look pretty silly so that's why I stay out of speculating on the price or rate of adoption. We can only wait and see what the future holds.

maybe he's so sure about it that he decides it's a safe enough bet.

and i think he's right.

It's a pretty risky thing to say for your reputation, but indeed in two years, bitcoin should be pretty much established, or well on it's way.
in two years time we would have reached the halving and i believe we should see something when that happens.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Would you agree or not?

What do you think?

2 years and then what?

2 years to announce it'll take another 2 years for Bitcoin to reach mass effect!

That's when Commander Sheppard is able to use Bitcoin to buy beer at the Citadel bar.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
Would you agree or not?
Starting from when?

Two years from now, though I don't know why he or anyone else makes these sort of baseless predictions. If they're wrong they look pretty silly so that's why I stay out of speculating on the price or rate of adoption. We can only wait and see what the future holds.

maybe he's so sure about it that he decides it's a safe enough bet.

and i think he's right.

It's a pretty risky thing to say for your reputation, but indeed in two years, bitcoin should be pretty much established, or well on it's way.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Would you agree or not?

What do you think?

2 years and then what?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Would you agree or not?
Starting from when?

Q7
Activity: 448
Hmm.. two years sound short. No really.. It depend on what 'changes' he think Bitcoin would have. If he was talking about price, I doubt it is true. If he was talking about adoption of Bitcoin, I think it is true. Bitcoin will be adopted by many in the next two years. However for the price..

If adoption is higher, I suppose with more demand that would most likely have positive impact on the price. If that is what he meant in the first place even though he didn't directly imply price
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
WOW 2 years and game is over Smiley
So many catastrophic predictions on this forum recently only because price of the BTC is very low at the moment.
I can't say 100 % what will happen next but right now I think that is very good time to buy BTC and earn some profit later.
We just need a few ''big'' names like Google or FB, to accept us and attract interest of public, and we will rock again!
Some rumors on this forum predict that this may happen soon.
Even in unlikely scenario that BTC really collapse, I think that this will happen in much longer period, not just 2 years.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
Hmm.. two years sound short. No really.. It depend on what 'changes' he think Bitcoin would have. If he was talking about price, I doubt it is true. If he was talking about adoption of Bitcoin, I think it is true. Bitcoin will be adopted by many in the next two years. However for the price..
legendary
Activity: 1204
Would you agree or not?
Starting from when?

legendary
Activity: 1456
there are only 1 MIL BTC users worldwide and up to 200K are using BTC daily . Smiley

BTC is a tinny system but with a lot of propaganda(many so called media websites and few "sharks:- directly interested in BTC- who pay for advertising in few big media groups)
Pages:
Jump to: