Pages:
Author

Topic: Andreessen Horowitz plans $1 bln cryptocurrency VC fund - page 2. (Read 184 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Whatever their motive is, we all should have a bitcoin in our wallet because we don't want to be missing out on something and a positive thing from happening is more likely to happen to the market compared to negatives.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Whatever the motive, I don't think anyone can deny crypto is exploding atm and everyone wants a piece of the action. Perhaps this will turn into a dream scenario where everyone that plays the crypto game will walk out a winner. Wouldn't that be great. Everyone in crypto wins. No one loses.

There is no doubt that everyone wants a piece of crypto cake, and even those who have been crypto skeptics see that there is a way to profit from investing in crypto. However, a line should be drawn between those who know what they are doing and those who just think they know what they are doing. Therefore, I would not agree that everyone will be a winner, because always someone's gain is actually the result of someone's loss.

If we take the example of what happened in late 2017 and early 2018, it’s hard for me to even imagine what a bloodbath could happen if things go downhill at one point. Still, I want to believe that this time it may be different - although it seems to me that big investors are a double-edged sword - they still mostly only care about profit and will not hesitate to sell everything they have if they feel serious danger.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
This to me reaffirms that we are at the beginning of an S-curve. Although Bitcoin has been around for more than 10 years, those entering the crypto world now can be considered early adopters, the next few years will be the easiest time to make money, as it is an expanding market. On the motives, I'm not sure either, but what I like is the flow of money it will attract to the crypto world.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Venture capital giant Andreessen Horowitz is looking to raise a fund of as much as $1 billion to invest in cryptocurrencies and crypto start-ups, the Financial Times reported on Friday.

April 30, 2021

The new fund is aiming to raise between $800 million and $1 billion from investors, the report said, citing people familiar with the matter.

Andreessen Horowitz did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.

The news of the development comes as cryptocurrencies surge in value this year, with a clutch of top-tier firms including Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) diving into the space.

https://www.reuters.com/business/andreessen-horowitz-plans-1-bln-cryptocurrency-vc-fund-ft-2021-04-30/

It seems investment firms are still raising billions in capital to buy BTC and crypto. We may not yet have seen the ceiling.

What is key here is the motive behind it. Will they hold bitcoin as an inflation protected asset. Invest in less known crypto assets in the hope of generating revenue via growth. Is speculation a primary concern. Or are there other reasons.

Whatever the motive, I don't think anyone can deny crypto is exploding atm and everyone wants a piece of the action. Perhaps this will turn into a dream scenario where everyone that plays the crypto game will walk out a winner. Wouldn't that be great. Everyone in crypto wins. No one loses.
Pages:
Jump to: