Pages:
Author

Topic: Android vs Window phones ....... - page 9. (Read 41995 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
July 05, 2017, 08:23:50 AM
Android is the best it is the most popular OS in smartphones plus its easy to use
and you can install a lot of apps
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
July 05, 2017, 03:50:24 AM
Android is the bestbecause Windows Phone is a closed-sourced, which means that it is solely developed by the company and protected by copyright. The system offers new features such as: a whole new interface, text input by an on-screen virtual keyboard, threads messaging, Internet Explorer browser, organized contacts via People Hub, Email access (support for Outlook.com, Exchange, Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail), Xbox Music, Xbox Videos, Xbox Video Store, Games Hub, Bing Search Engine, Bing Maps, Voice recognition function, turn-by-turn navigation, Office Suite (Microsoft Office Mobile), Multitasking capability, syncing capability with Zune software, Windows Phone App and Windows Phone Store. The Windows Store is limited as there only a few number of apps. The company has yet to populate the store with the number of apps that is available on Apple Market or Google Play.
Activity: 268
Merit: 10
July 04, 2017, 07:28:40 PM
I couldn't agree more with all your points. I hate giving up on this platform, but the move from WP8 to WM10 has been incredibly disappointing.

Windows phones are the worse because I don't like having to sign in every time I want to download a app from the windows store.
Activity: 2
July 04, 2017, 07:17:03 PM
I couldn't agree more with all your points. I hate giving up on this platform, but the move from WP8 to WM10 has been incredibly disappointing.
Activity: 3
July 04, 2017, 06:47:10 PM
Definitely. I like my windows phone so much that I was almost ok with the bootleg apps. Almost. The interface just seemed so much smoother and snappier than my android. I really liked the look of it better too, with the Mondrian-esque squares
Activity: 3
July 04, 2017, 06:39:45 PM
I had a few Windows phones and loved the experience. Sadly my carrier doesn't have any newer Windows phones. So I'm stuck on android but I rather be on Windows. I agree with everything you said. It was such a great os, much better than android and ios (my opinion of course).
Activity: 32
July 04, 2017, 06:20:19 PM
I experience all the issues you listed, too (see here and here). It's quite disappointing that Microsoft is apparently unable to develop a system that can reliably perform the basic tasks you'd expect from a smartphone. As for originality: much of the originality of WP8.x has been gone from W10M, and apart from the start screen (which I love) the system is becoming more and more like Android. Combine that with the fact that Microsoft's apps for iOS and Android are better than their W10M counterparts, and there's little reason left to stick with Windows Phone.
July 04, 2017, 06:07:23 PM
With a standard 3.5mm jack it does the same for me. But with a lightning/usb hookup it works. But it's an aftermarket stereo. Works amazing with pandora and YouTube. Haven't tried BT.
July 04, 2017, 05:35:40 PM
Also for some reason my iPhone never worked with the speakers/mic in my car the same way. It would play music fine but never accepted my voice commands through the mic. Couldn't work out how to fix it, whereas it all just worked perfectly straight out of the box on the old Nokia.
July 04, 2017, 05:32:44 PM
Those who say Apple are clearly lost, poor boys. Android pal, Windows is good but still need upgrades.
Activity: 4
July 04, 2017, 05:04:25 PM
You are not wrong, it's just the added automation I liked.
Activity: 4
July 04, 2017, 04:24:38 PM
I phone does the same, you just have to hold the button down and then ask it to.
July 04, 2017, 03:03:02 PM
I still got mine (that's the only clear footage of receiving a text, phone reading it and allowing to reply that I have). Don't they all do that? Been rocking the 920 since 2012 and I'm still loving it. It took an incredible beating and it's still barely scratched. It still takes amazing pics too.
July 04, 2017, 02:43:06 PM
About 60% of the time when I tap a tile, it slides me to the "all apps" list instead of going to the tile I tapped on. Completely inconsistent and something that's been in there since the early WM10 builds.
Activity: 1
July 04, 2017, 02:31:29 PM
If it wasn't for the lack of apps/support I would have stuck with it for longer, easiest best interface and functionality out of all the smart phone straight out of the box.
July 04, 2017, 01:38:21 PM
Cortana is about 50/50 most times. When it works, it's like a dream, when it doesn't, no matter how many times you say something, it won't get it - EVER.
July 04, 2017, 12:41:14 PM
Yeah I loved my Lumia. Thing I miss most was the amazing voice to text functionality.
July 04, 2017, 12:26:05 PM
100%. App selection and phone selection were the only drawbacks for me. If I could use Android but skinned and functioning as Windows Phone I would.
July 04, 2017, 11:58:29 AM
I think exactly the same, Windows OS is much smoother, never freezes(even when you got lots of apps open), has a better interface and it is easier to use. Also phones are much cheaper than the android ones and battery life is great, sometimes my battery lasted 2 or 3 days without charging it. If WP had the same apps as Android i will chose it 100%, I would recomend WP to old people that just want a cheap realiable phone with long battery life and got no interest in using latest apps.
Activity: 8
July 04, 2017, 11:09:34 AM
The android quality is higher
Pages:
Jump to: