Pages:
Author

Topic: Animated avatars already disabled - page 2. (Read 625 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
March 04, 2019, 11:53:18 PM
Have a chat to madnessteat. He kindly made my animated avatar. The first one didn't load but then he figured out how to make it work.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
March 04, 2019, 09:55:24 PM
OK, APNGs are now detected. Old ones are grandfathered for now, in part because people have ongoing campaigns, but in the future I might (or might not) go through and remove them.

If animated avatars were supposed to be accepted by default, users wouldn't need to resort into APNGs to bypass the system (gif images aren't allowed).
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
March 04, 2019, 09:51:47 PM
Today, I found that admin probably disable new-worn animated avatars.
Someone who worn animated avatars have still able to wear them, but if they taking them off, and wear other animated avatars, they will fail to do it.

I guess that this one started in discussion weeks ago, and now officially implemented by theymos.
Original discussion on animated avatar is available there:
OK, APNGs are now detected. Old ones are grandfathered for now, in part because people have ongoing campaigns, but in the future I might (or might not) go through and remove them.

Personally, I support the implementation, that help to keep pages in the forum less annoying, less unexpected distraction from animated avatars.

I thank TryNinja, for fastly supported me with the link.
Pages:
Jump to: