Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 42 | Time to Revive 42 Coin - Everyone get in here!!! - page 8. (Read 357116 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Think it was 7 coins of a pre mine and they are still there,there were two devs hendo and one more,they fell out and then the coin was left to its own devices
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Have you tried Block Explorer / Crawler http://altexplorer.net/chain/42  I have just over one coin but dont mine it now because of the amount of orphans just buy it at exchange.I remember when it traded at $100,000 a coin

Though the coin was obviously rare that insane price was probably faked due to fraudulent trades by the devs or bagholders to artificial inflate the value of the coin. I doubt anybody actually really paid 100k for 1 coin.
Have you tried Block Explorer / Crawler http://altexplorer.net/chain/42  I have just over one coin but dont mine it now because of the amount of orphans just buy it at exchange.I remember when it traded at $100,000 a coin
i wonder what the special and unique of this coin,..
only the amount 42 coin ,..?
are there any function,features beside of this

You can ask this question about pretty much all alts. I think the idea of making this one so rare was to try make it very valuable because of its scarcity.

Yip you get a lot of orphans lol too bloody many.The dev has left the coin so nothing new.I have been trying to get a hold of hendo to take over the coin but cant get a hold of him

Do you know of a working block explorer for this coin?
Yip you get a lot of orphans lol too bloody many.The dev has left the coin so nothing new.I have been trying to get a hold of hendo to take over the coin but cant get a hold of him
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
i wonder what the special and unique of this coin,..
only the amount 42 coin ,..?
are there any function,features beside of this
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
I run one of the longest running large pools for what is left of the 42coin miners, feel free to join in on the fun

We've solved over 43,600 blocks since the start..

http://42.hashfaster.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

ZC @HashFaster

Seems im getting 504 gateway error.. Any way since you had the longest running 42 pool can you give me some of the addnodes your using  . or some peerinfo.. I also wondered if you get a shit ton of orphans on this coin when you mined it .. Does 15 - 20 % sound about right??

best regards
d57heinz
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
buy buy buy buy   Cool
Anyone know a working block explorer for  this? One in the op is dead and I need to check something. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013
ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow
is this the reason for 42coins???

http://www.safetyandhealthmagazine.com/articles/9737-msha-42-miners-died-in-2013

MSHA: 42 miners died in 2013 - Safety+Health Magazine
www.safetyandhealthmagazine.com/.../9737-msha-42-miners-died-in-20...
Jan 7, 2014 - Arlington, VA – A total of 42 miners died on the job in 2013 – six more than in 2012, according to preliminary data from the Mine Safety and ...

No man... Have you heard of " The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ?

"The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is 42."

Google it Wink
Activity: 540
Merit: 501
chickens and cryptos
is this the reason for 42coins???

http://www.safetyandhealthmagazine.com/articles/9737-msha-42-miners-died-in-2013

MSHA: 42 miners died in 2013 - Safety+Health Magazine
www.safetyandhealthmagazine.com/.../9737-msha-42-miners-died-in-20...
Jan 7, 2014 - Arlington, VA – A total of 42 miners died on the job in 2013 – six more than in 2012, according to preliminary data from the Mine Safety and ...
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
The whole concept of 42coin is amazing. The rarity, creativeness and uniqueness gives the coin a tremendous potential that no other coin will likely never have. I firmly believe that in a few years it could easily reach the old value of 1,000 BTC. Even that would put the market cap at only 42,000 BTC. Cryptocurrencies will certainly gain popularity as the 1990's and early 2000's generation grows older and overall economy adopts the wide technical knowledge of todays kids.
And I see 42coin fitting right into the place of "diamond of cryptocurrencies".

There is just this one problem which propably all of you know: in five years only 42 42coins in existence won't be the case. Instead, there will be 180 42coins. The code doesn't cap the amount of total possible coins to 42. The whole foundation of the idea isn't there. This will, at worst, kill the coin. If, however the cap was there us current miners and pool owners would have a huge leverage.

There is something we can do to gain back the leverage: hard fork. I know it requires some sacrifices and effort but the benefits will easily be worth it.

Pool owners: You run the original 42coin pools and the future mining power flows to larger pools, your pool being one of them. The future price increase will likely over 10-fold the income made by your pools mining fees.
Miners/pool owners: hold the ridiculously easily earned 42coins now and you end up having a small fortune when the cap is filled. Nothing will limit the value of 42coin if the code gets fixed.

So now I ask you:
Pool owners, are you willing to implement the new version?
Coders, PM me if you're able and willing to make the changes to the code.

Thank you for reading

What part of the code dictates 180 coins?  Are you the first to discover that, or was there someone in the past that brought this up, as its the first I've seen it.  I question your motive as you just joined BCT and made this as your first post, which doesn't make much sense.

If your intentions are not to scam, then accept my apology, but this sounds very much like a scammy power grab trying to take advantage of a otherwise functioning and mature coin.  I only say this because you made the claim that 1) it would increase value 10 fold 2) promised pools they would be successful and make out well with fees 3) claiming miners will have small fortunes after the hardfork

Sorry, my scamdar went off.

See discussion at
https://github.com/fourtytwo42/42/pull/4

You guys have until mid July before you pass 42 coins issued. 
Good luck- 

Activity: 887
where is working wallet ?
Activity: 306
The whole concept of 42coin is amazing. The rarity, creativeness and uniqueness gives the coin a tremendous potential that no other coin will likely never have. I firmly believe that in a few years it could easily reach the old value of 1,000 BTC. Even that would put the market cap at only 42,000 BTC. Cryptocurrencies will certainly gain popularity as the 1990's and early 2000's generation grows older and overall economy adopts the wide technical knowledge of todays kids.
And I see 42coin fitting right into the place of "diamond of cryptocurrencies".

There is just this one problem which propably all of you know: in five years only 42 42coins in existence won't be the case. Instead, there will be 180 42coins. The code doesn't cap the amount of total possible coins to 42. The whole foundation of the idea isn't there. This will, at worst, kill the coin. If, however the cap was there us current miners and pool owners would have a huge leverage.

There is something we can do to gain back the leverage: hard fork. I know it requires some sacrifices and effort but the benefits will easily be worth it.

Pool owners: You run the original 42coin pools and the future mining power flows to larger pools, your pool being one of them. The future price increase will likely over 10-fold the income made by your pools mining fees.
Miners/pool owners: hold the ridiculously easily earned 42coins now and you end up having a small fortune when the cap is filled. Nothing will limit the value of 42coin if the code gets fixed.

So now I ask you:
Pool owners, are you willing to implement the new version?
Coders, PM me if you're able and willing to make the changes to the code.

Thank you for reading

What part of the code dictates 180 coins?  Are you the first to discover that, or was there someone in the past that brought this up, as its the first I've seen it.  I question your motive as you just joined BCT and made this as your first post, which doesn't make much sense.

If your intentions are not to scam, then accept my apology, but this sounds very much like a scammy power grab trying to take advantage of a otherwise functioning and mature coin.  I only say this because you made the claim that 1) it would increase value 10 fold 2) promised pools they would be successful and make out well with fees 3) claiming miners will have small fortunes after the hardfork

Sorry, my scamdar went off.
Activity: 306
I run one of the longest running large pools for what is left of the 42coin miners, feel free to join in on the fun

We've solved over 43,600 blocks since the start..

http://42.hashfaster.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

ZC @HashFaster
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1174
https://t.me/laser9un
Anyone know of a 42 wallet that will sync with network,I have tried version 8 on here but wont sync

v.7.0: http://bit.ly/42-Win-QT (9.1 MB).
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
@Definite any headway on the new code? is revival on? or has this incredible coin come to its end?
Anyone know of a 42 wallet that will sync with network,I have tried version 8 on here but wont sync
Activity: 397
Merit: 250
getting high orphan rate. also only getting 8 connections to wallet. any ideas?
Activity: 664
Merit: 250
You can now swap your coins against CCB
Pages:
Jump to: