Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink - page 7. (Read 297681 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Wow hash went down to 1.68mh there so I jumped back in.  I would love to contribute to costs, but I'm tapped out for BTC at the moment so I guess its the only way I can contribute for now.  Great time for any risk takers out their to bag some Octo or just support the network. I will continue to mine until hashrate goes up anyway.

No problemo... not everyone can contribute BTC and everyone understands that. But we are going to reward the guys who do.

The other good thing is, if everyone that contributed likes the idea of using thegrid.io instead of squarespace, then we save a lot of money, get the same options plus 6 extra sites, can pay direct with BTC and I'll pay tonight.

I'm waiting to make sure they are comfortable with me using them instead of Squarepsace. I'm sure they won't care either way but I like to make sure that people are happy with how I spend their contributions.

I am also happy that it should help me save time when updating the site. I'll have plenty of other stuff to take care of so I want updating the website to be as simple as possible yet look as professional as possible.

Also, keep in mind if you are mining during the burn period when we start it, we would prefer you send all your Octo you mine in one transaction to keep the trans count low.

We should be announcing the burn period soon. It will probably be for 2 weeks.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Wow hash went down to 1.68mh there so I jumped back in.  I would love to contribute to costs, but I'm tapped out for BTC at the moment so I guess its the only way I can contribute for now.  Great time for any risk takers out their to bag some Octo or just support the network. I will continue to mine until hashrate goes up anyway.
https://thegrid.io/

This is a pretty interesting start-up. Their websites look pretty pimp. Maybe we should consider them instead of squarespace. it would save us money the first year because you are getting the $25/month site for $8.
yeah i was testing the burn address and it freaked me out cuz the address wasn't showing received. i'm assuming it'll be another day before it's fully synced as far as transactions showing on all addresses. it's on about 1/8 right now.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
looks like explorer shows blocks starting with 30 and when you click a block and view the addresses it only shows up to blocks beginning with 26 and dates back to 1/4 to 1/6 time frame.

maybe the block explorer hasn't fully synced?

i emailed them to ask in case that is it. if it's not any ideas on what could cause this? i mean we need to be able to monitor current transactions for the burn. i have sent 2 octo to the burn address and 1 octo to an address in the previous block that had received 80 from mining. network sees the transactions but addresses aren't updating on block explorer and showing in address transaction lost. surely this is just a syncing issue.

someone email your octo address to [email protected] and i'll send you some octo and let you confirm here that you received it. i bet you will receive and it's just the block explorer.

nm. it's still syncing.

OOPS!!!
looks like explorer shows blocks starting with 30 and when you click a block and view the addresses it only shows up to blocks beginning with 26 and dates back to 1/4 to 1/6 time frame.

maybe the block explorer hasn't fully synced?

i emailed them to ask in case that is it. if it's not any ideas on what could cause this? i mean we need to be able to monitor current transactions for the burn. i have sent 2 octo to the burn address and 1 octo to an address in the previous block that had received 80 from mining. network sees the transactions but addresses aren't updating on block explorer and showing in address transaction lost. surely this is just a syncing issue.

someone email your octo address to [email protected] and i'll send you some octo and let you confirm here that you received it. i bet you will receive and it's just the block explorer.

nm. it's still syncing.
http://blockexperts.com/888/address/8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

http://blockexperts.com/888/height/303497

Weird. I sent 2 octo to the burn address. The network sees the transaction but the address doesn't update. It's past 8 confirms. Robert's with me in skype. He is checking some random addresses.

thanks squids. i may try that in a bit. trying to figure out the burn address.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Nah we will prolly announce it soon. And honestly, I dunno if filling out the form early makes a difference because if someone has multiple receiving addresses and have received coins to multiple addresses, they may not know the sending address they are using to the burn address until they send it.

Is there a way to send all Octocoin from one address? I mean I have like 189000 octocoins in a wallet but when you check individual  addresses it breaks it down into which address received which coins.

The main thing is once you have sent your coins to the burn address when we announce it you input which address you sent from and what your counterwallet address is to send then OCTO back to and how many was sent so we know how many to trade out for.

Also, we will want to do this in the least amount of transactions possible. So, anyone mining Octocoin really needs to wait as late as possible to the deadline so they can send all Octocoin in 1 transaction. I mean it's not a major issue but we would like as least amount of transactions as possible.

There will be a deadline but we will work with people if they experience some type of technical difficultly on a case by case basis.

I also think that we will only have a 2 week burn period. There will be no need for a month. It's not like it's a huge coin with a huge community and 100 million coins. I think 2 weeks is plenty of time to get the word out and burn.

If we do and we are even remotely close we may call the burn and manually take care of anyone who couldn't participate. Octocoin isn't really on many peoples radar so i don't see any of these things happening.

Pick one of the addresses in your wallet and send everything you have to that address.  You may find that the transaction size is too large, particularly if you mined and moved a lot of small amounts to your wallet, if that's the case you'll have to break it down into smaller chunks and do it iteratively until you can send the whole lot to one of your addresses in one transaction.  For example, if you have 10k and it won't shift in one transaction, try moving 5k then 8k then the whole 10k.  if 5k is too much for on transaction then go for 2 or 3k first.  Each time you do this you'll incur a small transaction fee but I doubt you'd pay more than 1 x 888 in total.
Nah we will prolly announce it soon. And honestly, I dunno if filling out the form early makes a difference because if someone has multiple receiving addresses and have received coins to multiple addresses, they may not know the sending address they are using to the burn address until they send it.

Is there a way to send all Octocoin from one address? I mean I have like 189000 octocoins in a wallet but when you check individual  addresses it breaks it down into which address received which coins.

The main thing is once you have sent your coins to the burn address when we announce it you input which address you sent from and what your counterwallet address is to send then OCTO back to and how many was sent so we know how many to trade out for.

Also, we will want to do this in the least amount of transactions possible. So, anyone mining Octocoin really needs to wait as late as possible to the deadline so they can send all Octocoin in 1 transaction. I mean it's not a major issue but we would like as least amount of transactions as possible.

There will be a deadline but we will work with people if they experience some type of technical difficultly on a case by case basis.

I also think that we will only have a 2 week burn period. There will be no need for a month. It's not like it's a huge coin with a huge community and 100 million coins. I think 2 weeks is plenty of time to get the word out and burn.

If we do and we are even remotely close we may call the burn and manually take care of anyone who couldn't participate. Octocoin isn't really on many peoples radar so i don't see any of these things happening.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Hello,

Whats the deadline for filling out 888 burn form - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16a6AvxrfOQ_gzMrM3tH2iRlBvPX-OSge4QG_2rLDkYQ/viewform ?

Hope i didnt miss it.. Smiley

(iam still mining some 888)

Thanks,
soundslave.

Ahhh you're the one making the DIFF go up!!!  Cheesy
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hello,

Whats the deadline for filling out 888 burn form - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16a6AvxrfOQ_gzMrM3tH2iRlBvPX-OSge4QG_2rLDkYQ/viewform ?

Hope i didnt miss it.. Smiley

(iam still mining some 888)

Thanks,
soundslave.
Thanks for the update!

I say that everyone has had months and plenty of chances. I personally am glad that the large number is still sitting at Bittrex. The lower the number we burn to OCTO the better it is for the new asset. We only need to hold a small % compared to the total that will be distributed. I was thinking between 20-30 million burned. If 5 million out of 40 million are still at Bittrex then we are already close to that 30 million.
Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
Huh. I thought that wallet shut down back in January. I sent him a PM as well asking about the total. It would be nice to know.

I had a 1/30 shutoff date but gave it a couple weeks incase people missed it.... There is nothing more painful then having to take a wallet out of storage.  As for the balance:

"balance" : 5266905.88522253

That is the current wallet balance.

thanks
richie@bittrex
Huh. I thought that wallet shut down back in January. I sent him a PM as well asking about the total. It would be nice to know.
Activity: 236
octo wallet is now back online @bittrex.com

Please withdraw your funds.  We will be removing the wallet by 1/30.  We've put safegaurds in place so a double withdrawal can't happen, however, it may mean certain withdrawals will get stuck.  If that happens to you, please open a ticket with us.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Alright... I've given as much leeway as I can on this wallet.  I am shutting down the wallet in the next 24 hours.  Please withdraw your funds if you haven't already.  We have been constantly communicating with this community so I hope this isn't going to come as a surprise to anyone.  Once you guys figure out next steps, please feel free to reach out to us whether its an XCP asset or something else.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

How much 888 do you still have in the exchange wallet?  It would be interesting to know at this stage how much is definitely not getting burned.
Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
octo wallet is now back online @bittrex.com

Please withdraw your funds.  We will be removing the wallet by 1/30.  We've put safegaurds in place so a double withdrawal can't happen, however, it may mean certain withdrawals will get stuck.  If that happens to you, please open a ticket with us.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Alright... I've given as much leeway as I can on this wallet.  I am shutting down the wallet in the next 24 hours.  Please withdraw your funds if you haven't already.  We have been constantly communicating with this community so I hope this isn't going to come as a surprise to anyone.  Once you guys figure out next steps, please feel free to reach out to us whether its an XCP asset or something else.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I've got 67 888coins in my pool account. Would like to get rid of them. I know it's worth nothing, but if someone wants a tiny donation, send me an address where I can send them to.

Sure, if you do not want them, then send here:  8HruqzfQHFFViPSxobCSsCRsvV8LdcA8uR

Thanks.

No time playing around with them, currently cleaning the balance sheet. Just requested the payment, if it works (not sure with this pool), you should receive them in the next 15 minutes.

Good luck with the further development, community.

Edit: Payment has been sent, Tx ce9777bde3e53be19404357382175fdf5365a46c73fdb8aadf9cefd628f8e9c5

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind and when I receive the new OCTO I will send you some.
Activity: 224
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I've got 67 888coins in my pool account. Would like to get rid of them. I know it's worth nothing, but if someone wants a tiny donation, send me an address where I can send them to.

Sure, if you do not want them, then send here:  8HruqzfQHFFViPSxobCSsCRsvV8LdcA8uR

Thanks.

No time playing around with them, currently cleaning the balance sheet. Just requested the payment, if it works (not sure with this pool), you should receive them in the next 15 minutes.

Good luck with the further development, community.

Edit: Payment has been sent, Tx ce9777bde3e53be19404357382175fdf5365a46c73fdb8aadf9cefd628f8e9c5
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Sure, if you do not want them, then send here:  8HruqzfQHFFViPSxobCSsCRsvV8LdcA8uR

Thanks.
Activity: 224
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Pages:
Jump to: