Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AEON rebrand, new thread, new developer team (positions open) - page 2. (Read 5565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Why DarkMonero if Monero is already "dark" (anon). DarkMonero would have to be somehow darker than already dark Monero.
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
How about DarkMonero? Wink)

Anyway seeing the community interest I am willing to give a domain access, github, email and Twitter accounts to responsible maintainer accepted by AEON holders and miners, who will continue development of the [Suspicious link removed]d luck!

Interesting idea, somehow establish a connection between Monero and *DarkMonero*

Monero devs should look into this.

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Good to know AEON rebrand, then it is good to mine at minergate~~

I can design logo for bounty, but I don't want bunnynotes  Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Anyway seeing the community interest I am willing to give a domain access, github, email and Twitter accounts to responsible maintainer accepted by AEON holders and miners, who will continue development of the coin.
Good luck!

aeon, thank you for responding. I'm willing to take over these assets on behalf of the community, and coordinate a renewed community effort to develop and promote the coin. That would go a long way toward getting this coin going again. The original name is quite good I think, and the main reason for a rebrand was lack of support from the original developer.

PM me if you are interested in doing this.
Activity: 544

Anyway seeing the community interest I am willing to give a domain access, github, email and Twitter accounts to responsible maintainer accepted by AEON holders and miners, who will continue development of the coin.
Good luck!

bro, why noy stick around yourself?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
This account is controlled by smooth

Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Ion instead of Aeon. Or DarkMatter.
BUNNYNOTE

Cheesy

100 BUNNYNOTES TO LOGO BOUNTY.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
anyone selling coins.
Activity: 406
Is the XDN wallet open sourced? If yes, why not use it for AEON?
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Do you want make  something with AEON?

I lost somewere 5000 AEON
legendary
WTB AEON pm me with offers.

That is a good point. Since there are no real exchanges if this coin is going to continue to exist an OTC thread is probably a good idea. Some volunteer is welcome to create one and I will link it in.

Traders, always use trusted escrow for safety.

WTB AEON pm me with offers.
Activity: 295
+1 for resurrection. Not rebranding.
legendary
I have an idea regarding rebrand which I'm willing to share and discuss via PM.

Okay, please send PM
legendary
Hard Fork or Swap or New coin ?
I can use old AEON coin in minergate ?

No fork or swap or new coin has been proposed (if someone want to make such a proposal, and be credible), they will also have to propose who is going to do the work.

The current proposal is for a rebrand of the existing coin.
Activity: 649

This is just in the brainstorming phase. No changes were made yet.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
hey, Smooth,

Kind of curious about the implications of your commitment to this coin for the future development of XMR.

None directly. I just saw a nice simple coin with some people supporting it that wasn't even being updated for critical security flaws, and felt I could help out with that.
It is like saying my involvement with HyperStake meant something about Monero. Or like a rock music guitarist getting invited in, say, a flamenco band.

Like if we were condemned to do just one thing  Roll Eyes

Update: moved to this thread after I read the request about not posting in the previous thread

Update2: smooth, you should have created a dedicated shared account for the OP (like the "monero" account is). The thread is new, you can still do it Smiley
Activity: 768
Merit: 505
The previous developer of AEON has abandoned the coin and some community members want to rebrand it.

Discuss here. If the rebrand goes forward this will become the new ANN thread for the coin.

What is needed:

1. New name/logo/etc. Bounties may be available depending on fundraising (item 2)

2. Fundraising to pay for development (incentives/bounties if desired for team members, etc.), hosting, seed nodes, etc.

3. People to work on the project, especially creating new builds, porting other cryptonote tools (gui wallets, etc.). Bounties may be available depending on fundraising (item 2)

4. Marketing and business development to get relisted on some exchanges, renamed on pools (if any still support it), etc. Bounties and/or pay for work may be available depending on fundraising (item 2)

5. More?

If you are looking for the most up to date AEON repo (source code) it is here: https://github.com/iamsmooth/aeon

Specification:
PoW algorithm: CryptoNight
Max supply: ~18.4 million
Block reward: Smoothly varying using the formula (M−A) / (220) / (1012) where M = 264 −1 and A = supply mined to date.
Block time: 60 seconds
Difficulty: Retargets at every block

Launched: 6.6.2014 at 6:00 PM UTC

4. Minergate is still supporting it
Pages:
Jump to: