Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Age of Rust - Blockchain Adventure Game w/ RUSTBITS and GAME CARDS - page 8. (Read 60074 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Just checked the site https://www.ageofrust.games and I'm really impressed with the big number on new art for the game I didn't see before. Great job Smiley I suggest everybody who didn't check the project for long time to take a look at the pictures on the site!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
Hello! I am an editor from icoholder.com. Your ICO was added to our listing and now is available to investors: https://icoholder.com/en/ico/rustbits-3146 You can edit your Page by adding more information about your ICO and also verify team members to improve ranking.
If you need any help - feel free to contact me!

Huh Our token sale ended a ways back, thanks though, but probably not a good idea to list token sales that ended already.
legendary
SpacePirate.io
Nice project I still got some tokens from the airdrop can't wait to see how this game turns out in the future. Is there any wallet to store and see the cards for this yet?

Thanks, most of the updates these days are done through our Discord, Twitter, and slack feeds. Yes, you can see the cards in Book of Orbs (if you have that wallet), or any other Coutnerparty wallet will work (Indiesquare, etc).  Our alpha game had over 900 players. You can see the cards as well on our website https://www.ageofrust.games/cards/
hah
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Nice project I still got some tokens from the airdrop can't wait to see how this game turns out in the future. Is there any wallet to store and see the cards for this yet?
legendary
SpacePirate.io
when we will see the game online ? i have some cards and rustbit but dont take ages please

The alpha came out in April, but if you are still playing the alpha version of "SpacePirate", you'll need to wrap up anything you're doing by the end of the month. Accounts will be saved in the upgrade to "Age of Rust", but your characters, inventory, and game progress will all be removed.  Looking at releasing the beta version in about 3 weeks at this point. A few things will be moved out of beta and into final version so that players can start playing the game again.
Activity: 195
Merit: 102
when we will see the game online ? i have some cards and rustbit but dont take ages please
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Does this team have experience?
Activity: 265
Merit: 14
Nina
Too complicated for regular/beginner users to buy/hodl rustbits when should get a counterparty wallet than buy counterparty to trade rustbits although filling balance with bitcoin to make orders. OK why not trading rustbits for bitcoin in counter Dex; this will facilitate tasks for community willing to buy rustbits. The beta version of the game will be available soon and i think more players will track the coin in order to play and win the reward after solving the game puzzle so i just suggest everybody to take their chance to hold rustbits as much as he can. Trade rustbits here: https://counterwallet.io/
legendary
SpacePirate.io
We're doing a campaign with coin_artist and Pinkcoin this month and giving away 1000 rustbits as well. Check out the mini game running on twitter and sign up for the giveaway as well.  This is not only drawing attention to the game, but Rustbits as well as counterparty too.

https://www.ageofrust.games/pink/

Image doesn't work, please fix.

I will take a look at the giveaway!

Fixed, thanks Cheesy
Activity: 147
We're doing a campaign with coin_artist and Pinkcoin this month and giving away 1000 rustbits as well. Check out the mini game running on twitter and sign up for the giveaway as well.  This is not only drawing attention to the game, but Rustbits as well as counterparty too.

Image doesn't work, please fix.

I will take a look at the giveaway!
legendary
SpacePirate.io
We're doing a campaign with coin_artist and Pinkcoin this month and giving away 1000 rustbits as well. Check out the mini game running on twitter and sign up for the giveaway as well.  This is not only drawing attention to the game, but Rustbits as well as counterparty too.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
Hey, how's the work on the beta version of the game going? Do we have a time frame for the beta release date??

Work on the beta version is continuing to progress, so it's going well. Some significant portions of the code (from alpha) had to be replaced with new code to support the new game functionality. An example would be the logic that's implemented around fighting and how some blockchain cards are used in the game. Right now, multi-language support, navigation through a graphical UI, puzzles, and area design are all in development.

It's looking like mid to late december for the beta version at this point. NPC dialogue and player stats on the profile page might not be in the first release of the beta version, it's likely there will be bi-weekly updates after the beta version is released until the final version is ready.  There's a side of me that doesn't want to release anything until all the milestones for beta are complete, but getting something out there early would be positive in other ways.

So it's about a month away from getting out that's awesome I will be eagerly waiting for it.

You do what you think is best for project.
legendary
SpacePirate.io
Hey, how's the work on the beta version of the game going? Do we have a time frame for the beta release date??

Work on the beta version is continuing to progress, so it's going well. Some significant portions of the code (from alpha) had to be replaced with new code to support the new game functionality. An example would be the logic that's implemented around fighting and how some blockchain cards are used in the game. Right now, multi-language support, navigation through a graphical UI, puzzles, and area design are all in development.

It's looking like mid to late december for the beta version at this point. NPC dialogue and player stats on the profile page might not be in the first release of the beta version, it's likely there will be bi-weekly updates after the beta version is released until the final version is ready.  There's a side of me that doesn't want to release anything until all the milestones for beta are complete, but getting something out there early would be positive in other ways.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
legendary
SpacePirate.io

so, you can play the game without buying / selling / trading cards ... exactly like a non-blockchain game, why are we in bitcointalk forum ?
bitcoin is ruining the game, maybe only the blockchain half of it , the most innovative part that distinguish spacepirate from thousands of other games

No, rest assured, that's not how the game will work with blockchain cards and rustbits. You need the cards and tokens in order to progress in the game, you can either buy/trade cards and the tokens, or find some of them in the game for solving complex puzzles. There's also a very limited amount of cards in the game, so there's not enough for everyone which means you'll need to get cards from DEX/Book of Orbs or trade with another player. The cards are only used in a counterparty-compatible wallet, like Book of Orbs, Freewallet, etc.  Ownership of the cards is handled through the bitcoin blockchain (through counterparty) and only the blockchain.  The game only works on top of counterparty and the bitcoin blockchain, some game events are even determined by the blockchain as well.

Here's an example, you may find yourself in an area of the game which has a door. In order to go through the door, you need to have the LASTLIGHT card in your counterparty wallet. Let's say you don't have the lastlight card, you can either try searching in the game or buy one through the DEX. Now, with the card in your counterparty wallet that you control, the game will let you through the door.  In this scenario, you never had to send your LASTLIGHT card to the game.  In the game, we determine which cards you own when you prove wallet ownership through signing a message from your wallet.  Wink
having a crypto card based game where card transaction costs more than cards and takes forever is ridiculous,
a solid fast cheap blockchain (not bitcoin) can avoid pump and dump and make the game playable

Some people often misconstrue the transactional aspect of the cards in gameplay for Age of Rust. The game doesn't actually "consume" cards in the sense you have to send it to a game-owned address, as long as you hold the card in your wallet, you can use it in the game. We apply cool-down timers to some of the cards, which in some cases, kind of simulates a spending action, which is also tied to the height of the bitcoin blockchain.  Wink

You can see a small example here on the devastation card: https://twitter.com/SpacePirate_io/status/929412204796854273

so, you can play the game without buying / selling / trading cards ... exactly like a non-blockchain game, why are we in bitcointalk forum ?
bitcoin is ruining the game, maybe only the blockchain half of it , the most innovative part that distinguish spacepirate from thousands of other games
legendary
SpacePirate.io
Yeah, that's a good point that I left out. At some point there's going to be a bit of a tug of war between the collectors and those that play the game. Progression in linear in the game in many places and in order to move forward you either need to solve puzzles to get the cards and rustbits required or you'll have to get them from the community. Yes, fundamentally, this has always been a bitcoin flavored project; while I know many alts have a lot of features as well as interesting and unique characteristics, the heart of the project is still encased in bitcoin from the blockchain perspective.
Activity: 167
having a crypto card based game where card transaction costs more than cards and takes forever is ridiculous,
a solid fast cheap blockchain (not bitcoin) can avoid pump and dump and make the game playable

Some people often misconstrue the transactional aspect of the cards in gameplay for Age of Rust. The game doesn't actually "consume" cards in the sense you have to send it to a game-owned address, as long as you hold the card in your wallet, you can use it in the game. We apply cool-down timers to some of the cards, which in some cases, kind of simulates a spending action, which is also tied to the height of the bitcoin blockchain.  Wink

You can see a small example here on the devastation card: https://twitter.com/SpacePirate_io/status/929412204796854273

That cool-down feature is really cool.

Yes, I noticed that those who propose to have game assets on the ETH blockchain don't really understand how cards are used within the game.  Also cards are not only good for playing games, but are also valuable collectible assets, and for that you need the most secure blockchain, which is the one that is being used as a store of value (Bitcoin).  Shitcoins have a history of come and go.  But Bitcoin is here to stay.
legendary
SpacePirate.io

The idea of switching chains just for the purpose of getting it listed on other exchanges is utterly ridiculous 

Pages:
Jump to: