Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: Announcing code availability of the bitsofproof supernode - page 2. (Read 35116 times)

Activity: 836
Merit: 1021
bits of proof
Substantiating some claims, more to come...

myTREZOR Web Wallet to use BOP Bitcoin Server

http://www.bitcointrezor.com/news/2014-02-10-mytrezor-bop-bitcoin-server
bits of proof
At the project level BOP software is used to build services that would have been more difficult to build with satoshi.I want to provide a good service to those customer and create more higher level products that convince others of the BOP platform.

Could you explain this a bit further?

What sort of services were created using BOP that you have done that would have been very difficult with the Satoshi client?

An example that is known in the community is http://btc1k.com that deploys BopShop a payment processor built on top of BOP and a multi-signature P2SH vault and accompanying wallet used by the organizer. The entry to the event will also be validated by a BOP app.

BopShop is used by several web sites and the BeBop wallet also built on BOP servers in a few restaurants. I am in final testing of an exchange with truly unique technical proposition and back an other community wide known project. I will let them talk the right time.

Added: Each of above products have features you will not find in, and would be difficult to emulate with satoshi.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
At the project level BOP software is used to build services that would have been more difficult to build with satoshi.I want to provide a good service to those customer and create more higher level products that convince others of the BOP platform.

Could you explain this a bit further?

What sort of services were created using BOP that you have done that would have been very difficult with the Satoshi client?
bits of proof
In typical open source projects developers will be rushing enmass into the better structured version of the code.  But not with this community.

The Bitcoin community is not based on 'sharing' and 'community' that one finds in other open source groups.  Rather is is based on entirely the opposite 'hoarding' and 'exclusivity'.  Where any alternative idea is shot down with the most violent of arguments.

It is the worse community I have ever been associatated with.      
There are bright minds here and I learned a lot.

Bitcoin is special as mastering the code is becoming money and power without much indirection. Refactoring and alternate implementations are considered more of risk than a chance at community level.

At the project level BOP software is used to build services that would have been more difficult to build with satoshi.
I want to provide a good service to those customer and create more higher level products that convince others of the BOP platform.

Competing at the server level is at the moment an altruistic uphill battle. The open source code only attracted free rider and hater.

In contrary I was frequently attacked for being irresponsible releasing an alternative implementation, or rushing out features too early.

I think the dirty little truth about Bitcoin development and developers is that the code is deliberately made difficult to understand but for only the few.   An alternative cleaner implementation like bitsofproof or conformal is actually internally frowned upon because it reveals the 'secrets' of Bitcoin. 

In typical open source projects developers will be rushing enmass into the better structured version of the code.  But not with this community.

The Bitcoin community is not based on 'sharing' and 'community' that one finds in other open source groups.  Rather is is based on entirely the opposite 'hoarding' and 'exclusivity'.  Where any alternative idea is shot down with the most violent of arguments.

It is the worse community I have ever been associatated with.     
bits of proof
I was frequently attacked for being irresponsible
I hope you're not proving them right, but it's hard to be optimistic about that.
I worked very hard, and your above note is a great example of the thankfulness I received. To you too.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
I was frequently attacked for being irresponsible
I hope you're not proving them right, but it's hard to be optimistic about that.
bits of proof
The Server is available to customer.

Too bad is, that the community did not submit any substantial pulls and valued BOPs work to 0.3 BTC in 2013.
Just so you know, you're not doing your product any favours in the thread.

Complaining about not receiving much in the way of tips makes it look like you don't actually have any customers at all (otherwise you wouldn't care about your tip address), and regardless acting like this in public is going to turn off potential customers.

Overall I get the impression that you consider the community defective for not adopting your software instead of taking the weak response as an indication that your marketing outreach requires improvement.

I tried for one year, but the open source did not deliver any benefit to me. No substantial code contribution, no donation no offers from those who claim supporting the open source development of Bitcoin.

In contrary I was frequently attacked for being irresponsible releasing an alternative implementation, or rushing out features too early.

The same time I have paying customer and venture capitalists who wonder why I give away IP for free. I run out of arguments.

That is the amount of donations BOP received in its tip jar.

I am also a developer and I've asked for donations many times.

However, for some reason, people who own coins don't think its worth their while to pay for development work.

You can look around at a lot of projects that barely got a drop of coins as tips.   Many have been abandoned simply because developers realized that it eventually was not worth their while.

Maybe you could get some Devcoin for your work?  Have you tried that route?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

Too bad is, that the community did not submit any substantial pulls and valued BOPs work to 0.3 BTC in 2013.
Just so you know, you're not doing your product any favours in the thread.

Complaining about not receiving much in the way of tips makes it look like you don't actually have any customers at all (otherwise you wouldn't care about your tip address), and regardless acting like this in public is going to turn off potential customers.

Overall I get the impression that you consider the community defective for not adopting your software instead of taking the weak response as an indication that your marketing outreach requires improvement.
bits of proof
That is the amount of donations BOP received in its tip jar.

Not sure what you mean by 0.3 BTC in 2013?
bits of proof
Note that version 2.0.0 of the BOP Community Bitcoin Server is released. Notable features (since 1.3):

* BIP39
  * Shamir's Secret Sharing
  * Encrypted HD Root - preview
  * RFC 6979 - Deterministic ECDSA signatures
  * shaded jar nor runnable with external configuration files
  * server-in-a-box
  * upgrade to Active MQ 5.9.0, Spring 4.0.0, LevelDB 1.8, Bouncy Castle 1.50

Was this ever released to the community?

* BIP39

are part of the API, that is open source at its usual place: https://github.com/bitsofproof/supernode

Note that version 2.0.0 of the BOP Community Bitcoin Server is released. Notable features (since 1.3):

* BIP39
  * server-in-a-box

Was this ever released to the community?
Discontinued support for BOP Community Bitcoin Server as it diverged from BOP Enterprise Bitcoin Server to an extent that maintenance was not economical.

Given the muted interest (to remain polite) of the community to contribute, it seems this is not a loss.

Contact [email protected] if you are interested to get the BOP Enterprise Server.

What does this mean?  That there are no more new releases?

What about the current release?
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
bits of proof
Discontinued support for BOP Community Bitcoin Server as it diverged from BOP Enterprise Bitcoin Server to an extent that maintenance was not economical.

Given the muted interest (to remain polite) of the community to contribute, it seems this is not a loss.

Contact [email protected] if you are interested to get the BOP Enterprise Server.
bits of proof

* BIP39
  * server-in-a-box

bits of proof
Good catch! Thank you.

The reason is that the context on memdb-rofile.xml was missing. it should have started with:

profile="memdb"

The reason it worked for me is, that without the context the load order of the files determined precedence beetween leveldb and memdb - and it seems this load order was different on CentOS. Fixing on github soon.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi Grau,
I've found that if I comment all the memdb-profile.xml content then the leveldb is correctly used otherwise memdb is always used even if I run the BOP Server with "leveldb" argument.
Seems to be a bug on profile loading.

I think this is due to
ctx.load("classpath:context/*-profile.xml");
in Main.java
Pages:
Jump to: