Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BADcoin [BAD] A P2P Network Built on the Fairest Mineable Multichain - page 3. (Read 2449 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
So, after getting my Badcoin wallet and miner setup, how long does it take before you see that you've mined a coin? Does it show up in the wallet? I've mined for an hour and did a search for my Badcoin address on the Badcoin block explorer but didn't see anything. It's an Intel I5.

That depends on which pool you are using to mine since they can all have their own payout parameters and timing.

If you are using https://badcoin.cryptocoinpools.com, they recently changed their pay schedule because too many people mining there were mining directly to an exchange deposit address.  This caused a lot of grief on the part of the shared exchange wallet, and probably made some withdrawals tricky. To combat this they changed the min payout to 1000 BAD, and are working on an update for a payout of smaller balances when left over a day or so, like if you stop mining.  That way nothing is lost.
Activity: 3
So, after getting my Badcoin wallet and miner setup, how long does it take before you see that you've mined a coin? Does it show up in the wallet? I've mined for an hour and did a search for my Badcoin address on the Badcoin block explorer but didn't see anything. It's an Intel I5.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
No need for blind hate, man.  These days you don't see a whole lot of projects launch fairly, or without a big token sale, etc.   Everyone involved is volunteering their time to make a project that is working to give everyone a chance at mining. This doesn't strike me as a "get rich quick" scheme, but more of a fun way to learn how mining works in a novel way. 

I don't think it was blind hate, but if you look at the stats from the official pool, there are 14 skein miners right now, only 6 are mining with less than 1 GH, so they are probably gpu miners. In total they account for 2.6 GH, which probably means that they represent about 10 GPUs.  The top miner with 259 GH would represent about 1000 GPUs (+/- 100 or so), or 18 Baikal G28s.  If you had 1000 GPUs woud you throw them at Badcoin? 

As for groestl, you can't even mine it right now on GPU because the difficulty is too high.  There are only 4 groestl miners right now, with 39, 53, 49 and 156 GH respectively.  The lowest miner at 39 GH would need over 1000 GPUs to achieve that hashrate.

It's still an interesting coin, but realistically you need to mine it with a bunch of CPUs or some ASIC hardware.

BTW, my numbers may be off, so do your own analysis and @Joel and @Travis, great podcast!
Activity: 14
The community has agreed to pay a bounty for translations of the whitepaper into different languages.

❎ SPANISH is reserved.
❎ CHINESE is reserved.

☑️ Hindi
☑️ Arabic
☑️ Bengali
☑️ Portuguese
☑️ Russian
☑️ Japanese
☑️ Korean
☑️ German
☑️ Turkish
☑️ French

If you think another language needs one, just let us know.

MESSAGE BELOW TO CLAIM... and MESSAGE ME FOR TRANSLATION BOUNTY
Activity: 6
BAD coin is a real game changer. i've always interested in mining but keep left out by giant mining rig Roll Eyes .... the coin concept is the best.. ive mining for couple of day using my average laptop..and receive reward consistently just like mining rig....i wish the team will look forward for application mining on HP... Grin

BADcoin awesome...I'll promote this coin for sure...

#big supporter
not sure if you guys are just ignorant to mining
or trying to bullshit here haha
but theres definitally NO GPU MINING HERE
Groestl and skein , you state for gpu mining
but they have had ASIC's for like a year now
the Balkai g28 mines them, plus others im sure by now

so ASIC only, oh and yescrypt is on fpga likely

what a fail lol

No need for blind hate, man.  These days you don't see a whole lot of projects launch fairly, or without a big token sale, etc.   Everyone involved is volunteering their time to make a project that is working to give everyone a chance at mining. This doesn't strike me as a "get rich quick" scheme, but more of a fun way to learn how mining works in a novel way. 

It's almost impossible to get started mining with your own spare equipment on just about any other project, so $BAD gives people a GOOD way to re-purpose outdated mining equipment, old computers, and possibly in the future even mobile devices the ability to see the fruits of mining rather quickly utilizing community mining pools. This way they can tell if they have set up their ring the right way without mining for weeks, wondering if they messed something up, or just aren't lucky enough to stay motivated. 

If nothing else, new people who are getting into this space that are want to learn how this works have a place to hang out, ask questions, and earn some $BAD.  It will do good things for people who enter the crypto space on the next big adoption cycle. So, I don't see the problem here. If you don't like the sausage, don't order it. There are plenty of other deli's you could go visit. 

Don't hate on future crypto enthusiasts before they get started.  Everyone has to start somewhere.  Not many other projects try to level the playing field like Badcoin.

what a fail lol

Look at the Github...

We have over 400 people mining with PCs, MacBooks, GPUs, and ASICs...

https://badcoin.cryptocoinpools.com/stats  This is the main pool, and we have several others running.  There are plenty of people using their old GPUs on this.

The difficulty adjusts based on the algo that you're connected to.  

What's your EXACT issue @CJMapope, and I'll get my developers to answer it.  It's working and we are ASIC resistant to the point where we throttle down the rewards for them and roll up the difficulty.

It's been working as planned for over two weeks with NO FAILS... so come test your criticism, Legendary man.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

what a fail lol

Pool added for yescrypt algo happy mining pool info listed a few posts up

Thanks great!  It looks like it's humming along nicely. 
Activity: 1
NEW POOL!

LASZLO SPACE POOL

Algos only skein & yescrypt for now. I will add more algos later when I have time. 0.5% fee.

Code:
-a skein -o stratum+tcp://pool.laszlospace.com:4933 -u  -p c=BAD-skein
Code:
-a yescrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.laszlospace.com:6233 -u  -p c=BAD-yes

Welcome all BAD miners!
The community has agreed to pay a bounty for translations of the whitepaper into different languages.

❎ SPANISH is reserved.

☑️ Chinese
☑️ Hindi
☑️ Arabic
☑️ Bengali
☑️ Portuguese
☑️ Russian
☑️ Japanese
☑️ Korean
☑️ German
☑️ Turkish
☑️ French

If you think another language needs one, just let us know.

MESSAGE BELOW TO CLAIM... and MESSAGE ME FOR TRANSLATION BOUNTY
Activity: 515
Merit: 250
Pool added for yescrypt algo happy mining pool info listed a few posts up
One of our community members has set up a bounty for spinning up POOLS for BAD.

1,000,000 BAD for each pool.  

Limit 10,000,000 BAD.  

https://twitter.com/OGBTC/status/1126340850953457664
Activity: 259
Merit: 100
BITMXITTZ
To list your coin to BitmxittzEx.

https://bitmxittz.com/add_asset.

Listing offer min. 0.05BTC for listing, limited period offer.

Listing time 72 hours maximum.
Activity: 515
Merit: 250

We Have Now Got Dedicated Ports for each coin ! Please update your ports !

ALGO -> SCRYPT <- Happy Mining

Code:
stratum+tcp://findblocks.wales:3037 -u -p  c=BAD

Twitter - @Findblocks - Skype - [email protected] - Email - [email protected] -

无法连接到钱包下载地址 Grin

https://github.com/ScriptProdigy/Badcoin/releases

這個地址在中國不起作用嗎?
Agreed.  The BAD in the name speaks to its heritage.  I've been listening to the podcast for a while, and these guys are anything but bad... they're Bad!  I've been mining this found a couple of days and it is exciting to be able to watch mining rewards arrive at a steady rate.  The fact that the algorithm tries to give miners a more or less equal footing is a novel approach, and I think will do well to help bring new people into the crypto community, as well as allow them to get their feet wet with mining.  Mining has always been one of those "he who has the money, makes the money" kind of things, so here is hoping this can level the playing field so new folks can learn about how these things work.

It's not Bitcoin, it's BADcoin.  It's fun, but more importantly... it's a legit blockchain that anyone in the world can mine. 

I'm glad that the mining is working out for you!
Activity: 4
Congratulations team, I have been following your progress from day one of the podcast up until now and I've gotta say, what you have delivered with this coin is game changing.
In an age of buzzwords and hyperbole it's refreshing to see you embrace the BAD brand and run with it. If they don't get it now, they will get it once they dive deeper and actually get to know the team and the origins.
Its absurd that I'm able to mine on my shitty laptop with an M5 processor and have the same success as someone mining on their purpose built hardcore mining rig.
Kudos to the team and watch this space people, things are about to get BAD.
Agreed.  The BAD in the name speaks to its heritage.  I've been listening to the podcast for a while, and these guys are anything but bad... they're Bad!  I've been mining this found a couple days and it is exciting to be able to watch mining rewards arrive at a steady rate.  The fact that the algorithm tries to give miners a more or less equal footing is a novel approach, and I think will do well to help bring new people into the crypto community, as well as allow them to get their feet wet with mining.  Mining has always been one of those "he who has the money, makes the money" kind of things, so here is hoping this can level the playing field so new folks can learn about how these things work.
sorry but i must say the name sounds discouraging. Badcoin. i doubt if it will really be effective bearing such name. they can go for another name to show that it is a project with a future.

Well, it's mineable on BAD computers... created from the guys at BAD Crypto Podcast.

And so far, the response has been very good for those who want to mine crypto.

Not bad meaning bad, but BAD meaning good. 
Pages:
Jump to: